• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

Wierd that it looks nothing like it apart from the generic glowing claws. But meh.

firepokemontrainer

There is one thing that I want to know. On serebii's character bio for Jun, it says that Jun likes Paul's training methods, but in personality he's completely the opposite and cares for his Pokemon. Is the bolded part actually true?

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
What's been said about Jun leaves me with little to say on the whole other than reinforcing my belief that he escaped from Mother 3, the fan-translation of which I still have yet to test out.

Battle was good, if a bit short with each Pokemon taking minimal hits before being knocked out.

Ending the episode in the gym was a smart move, which means it will leave no time for dawdling before the battle next week.

Crap, I really have nothing to say about this episode. I know for some of you, the only thing that picks up your miserable week is to read my greatly exaggerated episode reviews that I've successfully fooled you into thinking are "witty". Sorry, but you're gonna have to remain miserable for now.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Just finished watching it, this episode was really good!

I love that Chimchar and Gliscor are getting some much needed battle-time, although I would have liked to see Grotle too.

Ash beating Jun was hilarious. I wonder if Jun will become more of a threat to Ash by the Sinnoh league? If Pikachu can already beat Empoleon, how are suppose to take Jun as a serious rival when Ash is going to have major evolutions later on and be even stronger?

The Cacnea flashback was awesome, I'm glad that James old Pokemon, like Chimecho and Cacnea, actually get good homes unlike Jessie's which seem to just be released.

uber gon

Accept Change
Well, well, looks like Cacnea learned Drain Punch after all...

[img139]http://i34.*******.com/23sd8b4.jpg[/img139]

Wonder if Cacnea beat Empoleon? Peobably not.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
This was a great episode. It felt like it was pretty action packed. I'm so glad Glion got in a battle and it looked pretty competent.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash beating Jun was hilarious. I wonder if Jun will become more of a threat to Ash by the Sinnoh league?

Assuming he makes it in since he only has three badges.

If Pikachu can already beat Empoleon, how are suppose to take Jun as a serious rival when Ash is going to have major evolutions later on and be even stronger?

Pikachu had type advantage though, and Jun kept using moves like hyper beam that costed him in the end.

Are you going to say that about every rival that gets beaten, seriously i'm tired of the notion that rivals have to step on main characters until thier respective big events (GF, league) for thier final showdowns, and if you ask me this was a nice change of pace, besides Jun always loses in the games, so they probably wanted to reflect that here.

LordTerminal

Wow I disappear from the Pokemon crowd for a long while for a break only to come back to some serious catching up to do. But let's save that for some other time and talk about the D/P in-game rival's anime debut under the name Jun.

Although I don't get why Jun of all people would want to follow in the steps of an ******* like Paul, ironically I actually like this guy. Hopefully he'll break away from idolizing Paul and find his own calling.

Maybe it has something to do with him surprisingly having a similar team to my in-game Diamond one. Mind you, I would say it's completely the same but having only seen 3 of his Pokemon, it's hard to judge by that. From what I've seen so far the only difference is that he has Staraptor instead of Honchkrow.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
He probably doesn't realize Paul is an ***, but just impressed with his battling style.

Anyway, a few things:

*Someone pointed this out, but Gliscor has kinda gotten stronger all of a sudden. It didn't show any problems gliding in this episode, nor did it in the last one. Which is kinda odd, I guess. He popped the balloon...Pidgeotto would be ****** if it was around when Gliscor was.

*My favorite move of Empoleon, although I don't know the name, was when it tobogganed along the ground on it's chest-fin. I was hoping one of the penguins would pull that off (hell, toboggan should be some high-risk Ice attack in the next-gen I'd say).

*I think, or so WPM's summary mentioned, that Jun is probably a fairly-new trainer but quickly rushes to evolve his Pokemon. I guess it's kind of the "Surge" effect. He evolved them really fast, but didn't take the time to strengthen them up like Ash does. So I think, even though he has an Empoleon, it probably can't match up to Pikachu or Torterra yet.

* I really liked that jazz music that played for Jun. Dunno if it's lifted from one of the jazzy Pichu shorts, or if it's new.

Electivirus

Not really, no.
*I think, or so WPM's summary mentioned, that Jun is probably a fairly-new trainer but quickly rushes to evolve his Pokemon. I guess it's kind of the "Surge" effect. He evolved them really fast, but didn't take the time to strengthen them up like Ash does. So I think, even though he has an Empoleon, it probably can't match up to Pikachu or Torterra yet.

Huh...I just had a flashback to Lt.Surge for some reason...

Edit: Never mind, that's where you got the "Surge" effect from. :p

Torpoleon

Most likely he has 6 Pokemon if he has a strong team......I thought he just had the first 3 Ash got Jun must be a strong trainer!

kpt25

Steel type trainer
awesome episode indeed
From what i heard,when Jun was introduced,i think he said Shinji-"sensei"
I didn't like Empoleon's voice(in fact,i liked the dubbed voice in movie 10 better :p)but i sure loved the battle,he almost got Pikachu.
If he only used a different attack...
Hydro Cannon looked ok imo,but i lacked a little bit of power as well
@Korobooshi Kojiro:Empoleon was coming close to pikachu in a similar fashion he does in PBR when using physical attacks,i just realized that minutes ago
And after coming close,he used Steel Wing,and in the battle of steel attacks,Empoleon got the win,probably because of stab and having two wings against one tail ;395;

EDIT:Rank up YAY!

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
*Someone pointed this out, but Gliscor has kinda gotten stronger all of a sudden. It didn't show any problems gliding in this episode, nor did it in the last one. Which is kinda odd, I guess. He popped the balloon...Pidgeotto would be ****** if it was around when Gliscor was.

Could be a plot hole that the writers can't find a way out of and hope will be forgotten like the GS Ball. :) And yes, Pidgeotto would be ******.

It reminds me of one of those gamers you see once in a while that just train one Pokemon and not the others. Maybe the writers were trying to reference that.

* I really liked that jazz music that played for Jun. Dunno if it's lifted from one of the jazzy Pichu shorts, or if it's new.

There is one little bit of it that I am absolutely positive that is one of the Pichu BGMs. Not too sure about the rest of it though....could be a compilation.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
It was still a very penguin-esque voice though, which is what makes it so irritating. Would have worked wonders on a Prinplup, but the big guy? Not so much.

Then again, reading over your point about him evolving his pokémon as soon as possible, perhaps it's just to signify how 'young' it is?

Sparkleo

Low on power...
These battles today were made of pure awesome!

Chimchar dodgin'! Starraptor Close Combatin'!
Roserade and Gliscor goin' all Rocky vs. Apollo leading to DKO!
Pikachu against Titan Empoleon!

Oh and the game's rival character was there too!

I wish there was a way to GIF those moments!

Usagi777

i love that spastic kid

happy jun day guys! *some spoilage ahead in case u havent seen it*
jun just cracks me up. "nandayo nandayo nandattenda yo!" id been waiting for him to appear in an ep and my wish came true *runs to mark day on calendar to celebrate anniversary*
anyway back on track, his idolizing of shinji is highly misguided. but he's not as cold as shinji, he just wants to be strong and get strong quickly (we all do in our games--admit it ^_^ but we're not as unrealistic about it as he is) but he's obviously very confident in his pokemon as well and teaches them very good moves which is good but it isn't enough. ash tells him that the heart and learning from losses is what's really important and that someday you'll get strong. but "someday" doesn't quite work for our hasty blond friend."'someday' is no good, i want to become strong fast" he says in response. but after losin to ash he's invited to watch ashs gym battle to learn ash's much better battle method. im sure our little friend can pull it together. let's hope he stays with them, if not forever, then at least a good 5 episodes like todd/snap did. he's a good source of naive comedy. it'd be a waste if we only got two episodes of him.