• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

lunarshadow

Hadou Aprentice
I couldn't see the Episode, but what I saw and read on Serebii, it must be great! Jun looks a very nice guy to me, and also very special, I mean: how can you be a mix of Ash and Paul? I really want to see the episode, so I have to wait until it comes to The Netherlands.

Jun is simply a character who's really into Pokemon just like anyone else, but doesn't have half of the experience of either Paul or Ash. Jun is a beginning trainer from Twinleaf just like Dawn is, but is trying to figure out a training method that works quickly. Ash tried to talk Jun out of that idea with the concept of slowest but steady wins the race, but Jun wants to be a league champion now.

Tf5174

I can't wait to see this on saturday since i couldn't see it the first time.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. Barry seems like an annoying character. It was cool to see an Empoleon and a Hydro Cannon. Also cool to see Close Combat.

Dattebayo

Banned
The D/P/PT Rival makes an appearance? I thought the writers will use him, along with the male D/P/PT trainer, as cameos. This is blasphemy I'm telling you. Plus, that voice didn't suit his appearance that much, but his personality about being on time is priceless for me. It's too bad for me I might not get to see the next episode because I'm going to Disneyland for Spring Break from Wednesday to Saturday.

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Ah Barry, you've have finally made your U.S debut! And in a roaring fashion as well! I love this episode more and more each time I watch, no matter what the language.
The battle between Ash and Barry remains one of my favorite Sinnoh battles so far. Nice and simple, that's good for a change.

This episode was very well dubed. Barry got a good VA, thank goodness. And Empoleon sounds exactly the way I thought it would!
I'm pretty sure all of the music from the Japanese version was kept as well. From Barry's awesome theme to the battle music at the end!

Awesome episode: 10/10

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Darn, I can't believe my "Oversleeping" made me miss it, and my alarm didnt wake me up. :( Ill catch it on my DVR since I always record the episodes. But from what's already been said about Barry, Im looking forward to seeing him FINALLY in the Dub. :D

Oh ho ho, Barry, wow he's like a suck up version of Gary, only a little childish saying he's stronger and all. Also, I thought Empolean was immune to electric attacks? Isn't it Water/Steel? I thought it was. And did anyone have a hard time hearing the background music? I think I heard Barry's theme, but I'm certain. Overall, this was a great episode and I too was looking forward to seeing Barry.

Barry: Hey, you're that Poke geek!
Dawn: No and my name is Dawn! D-A-W-N!

:p

Also, did anyone catch Barry's "Laughing out Loud" statement when he was talking about the Tag Battle matches with Paul?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jamie_McGonnigal

this guy voiced him.

Last edited:

Tf5174

barry was very goofy and i enjoyed watchin this episode

katfairy

Barry seriously needs to switch to decaf. And maybe cut his sugar intake. His voice got even higher than mine at times, and I'm a soprano!

Fantina's "accent" continues to annoy. Pity, because she's an interesting character. Is it really that hard to find actors who are evenly remotely competent at doing accents?

Other than Fantina's voice, I enjoyed the episode. Barry is hysterical and exasperating, or maybe hysterical because he's exasperating. I half-expected Dawn to haul out the anime mallet at some point; maybe in a future appearance? In some ways Barry reminds me of VERY early Ash: hot-headed and immature, and convinced he's better than anyone. And I'm willing to bet his hero-worship of Paul would not survive an encounter lasting more than a few minutes. If such an encounter is in the future, I hope it's on-screen, because Paul's reaction to having a fanboy ought to be epic.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
woo! Jun is just awesome and now I even get to understand him! lol.

and more Fantina? *swoon* I love that woman!...and that accent? ooft!

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope
Man, I didn't expect Barry to be that impatent. It kinda makes him look like a jerk. Oooo, and he had the new Poketech, platinum reverence. Kinda suprised he had fully evolved Pokemon when he only had 3 bages. Good battle, and I can't wait for the next episode! Ash vs. Fantina!

PokemonHero

I can see the future
Okay, this was a fun episode. Barry's dub voice was perfect for his hasty personality. I love how they used the fine line from the game and his counting down the time. And man, he has a man crush on Paul. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a Paul shirne somewhere in his backpack.

It's funny how he can't see why Ash doesn't idolize Paul. Of course, I don't think he realizes what Paul really is, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. What I do think is funny was his suggestion that he and Ash traded for Chimchar. And insisting on that happenning.

And it's nice to get an update on Cacnea. James going all soft on Barry was a nice touch, as was Meowth draggin him back. The battle between Ash and Barry was good. It does show how much more into physical combat the show has come. And come on, Barry. Ash just defeated you and you insist that he got lucky. Hopefully he'll think differently after the Gym Battle.

This is the first episode I've seen ever since the beginning of the season. I really liked it, and the episode reminded me to battle my rival in the game lol. Also, doesn't Empoleon have to recharge after using Hydro Cannon, because Empoleon didn't. Also, Barry is REALLY impatient and a Paul fanatic. :p

Last edited:

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
Paul, Barry...

I won't be surprised if someone says there can't be too many rivals like those two. Can't wait for the next episode.

Wow, Barry's personality sure doesn't fit his looks.
I thought he'd be a creep, but not that kind of creep.

Nice to see a Paul fanboy.
I bet sooner or later he'll learn something from Ash and start to respect him, just like Paul.

I wonder if Paul even knows whether or not Barry exists....
I'd be embarrassed to have a fan like him.

~~~
I love Fantina's voice.
It's so French and.... lovely.

Wow, Barry's personality sure doesn't fit his looks.
I thought he'd be a creep, but not that kind of creep.

Nice to see a Paul fanboy.
I bet sooner or later he'll learn something from Ash and start to respect him, just like Paul.

I wonder if Paul even knows whether or not Barry exists....
I'd be embarrassed to have a fan like him.

~~~
I love Fantina's voice.
It's so French and.... lovely.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Yeah, I got to watch it on my DVR! Nice! No Commercials for me :D I love the episode, a lot. I was honestly expecting Barry to have a wierd voice, but this was way better. I just want to know what Town/City he got that Badge in. And again, another person remembers the Hearthome Tag Team. I was laughing out loud that Barry didn't remember Brock either.

Also, I was glad that Fantina got some screentime, too. She was glamerous as ever, and her accent doesn't get out. And she actually twirled around like she does in the games. Awesome stuff, I have to admit.

Im looking forward to seeing next weeks episode. Ash VS Fantina, finally. :D

Last edited: