• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
I just want to know what Town/City he got that Badge in.

Does anyone think it looks a little like Sunyshore City's Beacon Badge? They look rather similar, except for the color.

~Nidoking~

Team Aqua Admin
When Barry collies with Ash,Is that A rivial Encounter Remix in the Bg?

Torpoleon

Same old Barry. I thought Barry was kidn of getting annoying sheesh, I thought Paul was ahndful!(he still is) I like how they told us about Cacnea, Cacnea seems good. Something hat is bugging me is hwat is that red badge Barry had?

pokefreak in qatar93

wow finally got to watch the dub , I'm ok with barry's voice and more fantina yay
well let's just hope that barry learns how to care for his pokemon .
we don't need a new paul ...

about the badge he has the red one , don't gym leaders have more that one badge like in kanto gary had badges with diff. colours and shape but in the same gym ?

AstralEon

The one and only.
Hehe, wow. What a great episode.

Barry personality was just what I expected, very impatience and always running off and crashing =D Barry being a fan boy to Paul is just not right. I guess he doesn't see what Paul really is =/

It was nice to see Fantina again. Kinda missed her =)

The battle between Barry and Ash was just amazing. A lot of jabbing, punch throwing, and dodging in the first 2 matches which was the amazing part. The last part wasn't so much but still good. Empoleon is Water/Steel and Hydro Cannon should leave him a sitting duck <.<

Still good episode. One of my favorites.

9/10

Brumrha

Banned
This sure is hilarious & fun, & I'll also mention that Barry is practically the same as his D/P/P counterpart; the guy is hasty, & is prone to jostling people left & right.

In any case, I got a kick from Barry, from the time that he demanded a fine from Ash, to the war that he fought against him. That war is just fast & furious, which is just the way I like it. It's a shame that not all of them can be like this...

I actually was not surprised that Ash won against him. Barry might blame it on luck, but I beg to differ; chances are, Ash took advantage of his hasty personality. If you rush into the war-zone without thinking straight, your as good as dead, Jim.

Oh, & if I see that Barry has a Rapidash, Snorlax, & a Heracross on his team as well, I'll definitely fall off my chair.

*continues to linger around aimlessly*

Vernikova

Champion
This was a hilarious episode. Barry making fun of Ash and Dawn was an enjoyable moment. I found it weird though how Barry idolized Paul. He made it seem as though Paul had no flaws and was a model trainer. It was fun how we got to see Ash's reactions to all of it. It truly shows how much Ash hates Paul.

I noticed during the battle that Barry is quite aggressive. He doesn't back down from a fight and it shows that he takes his battling style from Paul. The only difference though is that Pail does it better.

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
For some reason I was ewxpecting Sean Schemal (sp?) to voice Barry

I don't blame you, I was thinking the very same thing. But I'm okay with his voice. I'm also glad Ash finally won a match in such a long time, excluding Gym battles.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
Finally , I get to write my review for this week's episode. Here we go:

A turbulent episode thanks to an impetuous, energetic Barry!
A decent and entertaining piece of work if you ask me.

Good to see Fantina again! Our wannabe Frenchwoman is growing on me, you know. If only it wasn't for her exaggerated violet eye shadow...But this lady has that certain something( maybe because she somehow reminds me of Cynthia^^ )

Barry certainly is an interesting and promising character. Giving Ash new rivals every once in a while is an excellent way of motivating our hero and boosting his own skills.
Just look what a profound system of rivalries we've got by now.
I've been missing a true challenge for Ash for years, but, thank God, Sinnoh makes up for so much! I can't mention often enough what a great gift Pokemon DPP is!

For me, the funniest moment was Barry interrupting Team Rocket's motto and saying something like " Ok, ok, I got it already. It's Jessie , James and Meowth!" That unmistakably cynical remark of his was just priceless.

Unfortunately, there are some apsects which bothered me, though:
- When it comes to the size of the chrarcters, the writers seem to be really inconsequent. In some episodes, especially at the beginning of the Sinnoh adventures, Ash seemed to have grown a bit, but in the current episode he was almost tiny, particularly if compared to Barry. I don't want see a kid! As the series advances on a whole, I also wanna see Ash advance and, of course, grow!

- How can that Gliscor, my arch-enemy in the Anime, fly that perfectly all of a sudden? Just a few epiosdes ago it still was that clumsy, awkward good-for-nothing, but, surprise, surprise, now it can fly like it had never done anything else... It couldn't have learned it over night, because such an important event would have been shown for sure.
All I can say is "Hello again, DEM! I missed you" and "One more reason to hate that biggest failure of the writers ever, which robbed Ash of his well-deserved Riolu" (no, I'll never forget!) If only it would blast off together with Team Rocket...

- I wasn't content with the Battle between Ash and Barry! Successful though Ash may be in gym battles, but why in the world do the writers still have to make him look like a "newbie" in ordinary trainer battles?
Yes, Ash won it, but you do have to admit that it was extremely close! Pikachu was as good as beaten and you couldn't help thinking that Ash was the geek who only won in an act of desparation. Unfortunately, a regrettable relapse into old times...:nono:
Shouldn't we be allowed to expect a more "superior" Ash by now, considering how many battles he's already won?
Especially in the face of his last superior victory against Crasher Wake, this one was quite sobering.

This episode had its pros and cons, so it's not easy to make a decision. Let's say:

6.5 / 7 out of 10 points

Cobalt_Latios

For some reason I was ewxpecting Sean Schemal (sp?) to voice Barry
Now that I think about it... it would make sense.

This sure is hilarious & fun, & I'll also mention that Barry is practically the same as his D/P/P counterpart; the guy is hasty, & is prone to jostling people left & right.
That's what I loved about it. Not to mention the writers seem to really have done a good job with this guy. I mean, considering that the only game character from the game is Dawn (and lets face it, this one is more comparable to the player's Dawn, not the "ingame" one. And really, her persona is original), I suppose it is refreshing to see a character who mirrors his game counterpart very nicely.

That's probably the one thing that impressed me about this episode.

In any case, I got a kick from Barry, from the time that he demanded a fine from Ash, to the war that he fought against him. That war is just fast & furious, which is just the way I like it. It's a shame that not all of them can be like this...
Exactly like the games. Not to mention the fact that he actually said "laugh out lout" and his repetitive countdowns.

I actually was not surprised that Ash won against him. Barry might blame it on luck, but I beg to differ; chances are, Ash took advantage of his hasty personality. If you rush into the war-zone without thinking straight, your as good as dead, Jim.
I'd say so too. Let's also not forget that I find him deceivingly easy to beat in the games (I mean, his Pokemon aren't that high level when you're fighting alongside him against TG, so really, I'm glad the writers gave his Pokemon some... "awkward" movesets). MAJOR lol for having his Staraptor know Tackle.

Good to see Fantina again! Our wannabe Frenchwoman is growing on me, you know. If only it wasn't for her exaggerated violet eye shadow...But this lady has that certain something( maybe because she somehow reminds me of Cynthia^^ )
She's the real French deal my friend. Also, the French have that effect on people (France French, not Quebec French. Sorry...).

For me, the funniest moment was Barry interrupting Team Rocket's motto and saying something like " Ok, ok, I got it already. It's Jessie , James and Meowth!" That unmistakably cynical remark of his was just priceless.
I'm sure alot of us were thinking: "Wait, how does he know about them?" I mean, he hasn't had any further introduction besides the motto, and they haven't even gotten to the names, so how would he know. Nevertheless, that line was priceless. True though, regardless of how many times they change their motto, it'll still be annoying in some form.

Unfortunately, there are some apsects which bothered me, though:
- When it comes to the size of the chrarcters, the writers seem to be really inconsequent. In some episodes, especially at the beginning of the Sinnoh adventures, Ash seemed to have grown a bit, but in the current episode he was almost tiny, particularly if compared to Barry. I don't want see a kid! As the series advances on a whole, I also wanna see Ash advance and, of course, grow!
Barry's just tall, that's all.

- How can that Gliscor, my arch-enemy in the Anime, fly that perfectly all of a sudden? Just a few epiosdes ago it still was that clumsy, awkward good-for-nothing, but, surprise, surprise, now it can fly like it had never done anything else... It couldn't have learned it over night, because such an important event would have been shown for sure.
I'm sorry you feel this way. (*plays the worlds smallest violin* ;))

Also, notice how far the pokeball actually went into the air without opening. That tells you that Ash is aware of the problem, and I'm sure he did that on purpose. Also, don't look too deep into simple things; you'll only hurt yourself. Though, considering your personal vendetta against the guy, I'll take that as your excuse.

There was more that I was going to respond to, but I just didn't feel like it. I probably could of, but it's not gonna do any difference.

As probably one of the funniest episodes I've seen in a while, I rather enjoyed this one. Barry was as funny as could be, and the fact that he "idolizes" Paul is quite entertaining (methinks he only considers the outcome of his training, I'd like to know what Paul himself would think about Barry. I wonder how Barry would feel afterwards ;)).

They showed off Pokemon Platinum Poketch (nice timing), and gave Fantina more screentime (I dunno why, it's fun to listen to that French accent for some reason. And a legitimately good one too. I wonder who does her voice?).

Barry mirroring his ingame persona was a sight to see, as it was entertaining. His voice fit quite nicely. It seems the writers are figuring things out a bit more now; this is the most accurate game to show I've seen in quite some time.

The little bit with Cacnea was neat, proving that James isn't as bad as the rest of Team Rocket. Though, the deliberate peril of Pikachu and Piplup towards Seviper and Carnivine was a bit... odd. Yes, I know they were doing that so Barry could help, but...

I'm still baffled at how Barry knows who Team Rocket are, despite any prior knowledge (Fantina not knowing is different).

Ash's battle against Barry was decent. Short, yet it shows that Ash knows that much more about raising Pokemon than Barry (lol @ Staraptor w/ Tackle).

*sigh* Wow, Barry is probably a new favorite character of mine. Just hilarious. Can't wait to see more.

*C_L*

SmartD

Such a great episode. I perfer Damion over Barry, but oh well. He's so energetic, too much caffene in his system. Can't wait for the next episode.

Kenpachi

Flawless Technique
Alright, finally Barry makes his debut. I like his voice, and how he's
just like his game counterpart. He's great, I actually laughed when
he cut off Team Rocket's motto. That was priceless.

Can't wait to see his battle with Fantina, I'm looking forward to that
more than Ash's battle. I'd LOVE for him to join the gang, if only for
a little while.

firepokemontrainer

The badge is not fake. They simply decided to go the Kanto/Hoenn Route and give him a badge that isn't in the games.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
I have a feeling that Barry/Jun only admires Paul for his battle style. Barry probably never even met Paul, which is why he didn't believe Ash when he told him that Paul released his Chimchar and Ash took him in. I bet that Barry is going to met Paul and bring up the "lie" Ash said about him releasing Chimchar and since Paul doesn't seem to be the type who is ashamed of any of his actions he'll probably tell Barry that Ash was telling the truth.

After that I bet Barry will come to realize that Paul is a jerk and will stop idolizing him. i just hope that he doesn't start idolizing Ash...

I really like the episode. I like both Barry's look and his personality. I hope he shows up often.