• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

SmartD

Barry had a cool voice in the dub. It sounds like Johnny from Shadow Hearts 3. The rival battle was cool, lots of action.

Deicario

I believe I can fly.
It was a nice episode and set up Barry well. Even if he is a bit....odd. I found the ash vs. Barry battle a bit predictable but there were some nice touches to the episode like Cacnea reference.
7/10.

Azereus

First of all... wow, Barry's such an ***. I seriously thought he would be more of the fun loving sort of character who would admire Ash's Pikachu or something along those lines since he was pretty quirky in the games. I also really hated his voice because it seemed too mature. I'd rather it have been more kiddish.

Shadow XD001

Barry is acting like such a little kid. I thought he would act more mature. If he knew Paul's 'real ways' he probably wouldn't like him anymore. The battle was good, except Empoleon vs. Pikachu was pretty boring. Ash taught Barry a lesson!

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think it was good episode. i loved the battle with Gliscor, i think that Chimchar was very strong if it has defeated Barry's Staraptor so easily.

STICKTOPIA

I just watched it again and it reminded me of cacnea. Man I miss it.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
It's funny, when I saw Barry in the games and the early episode pics for his episodes, I didn't really think that much of him. Then these episodes came to the U.S., and suddenly Barry catapulted to being one of my top favorite characters featured on the series, becoming the first character introduced outside of the first five episodes to do so (after Team Rocket and Brock). Barry is AWESOME. :D He cracks me up to no end, and he reminds me of how hyper I can be at times. Here's to hoping we'll see more of him outside of Sinnoh, unlike Morrison, another big favorite of mine who hasn't been seen since leaving Hoenn. :(

And I also loved the reference to Cacnea, and James's delight in hearing about it again. Man, I miss Cacnea. :(

STICKTOPIA

If I didn't mention it before, I just gotta say that his Staraptor sucks. Ash's Staraptor's attacks are better compared to Barry's. Wing Attack isn't so bad but tackle?! Where's Aerial Ace?! To know Tackle and lose to a Chimchar is just simply embarrasing imo.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If I didn't mention it before, I just gotta say that his Staraptor sucks. Ash's Staraptor's attacks are better compared to Barry's. Wing Attack isn't so bad but tackle?! Where's Aerial Ace?! To know Tackle and lose to a Chimchar is just simply embarrasing imo.

I think they purposely made Staraptor weaker for two reasons:

1. They wanted to showcase most of Staraptor's abilities when Ash got his, so they made Barry's weaker.

2. They wanted to get to the main battle.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
LOL at the title of this episode, too funny. Anyway, I like Barry and I think he'll be a great rival for Ash. His team is so cool and is similar to my team in Pearl version. Ash and Barry's battle was also very good. Fantastic episode.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Hm he was okay I guess, there was something about him I didn't like that much. Maybe because I thought he would be loud and more interesting really. The battle wasn't too bad though.

Fantina really reminds me of a neighbor I used to have with the same French accent. Fantina does look more female then she does in the game which is kinda looks like a guy.

James's reaction to Cacnea was funny, and it was good that he remembered it too. I wonder if we would ever see it again probably not unless Cacnea gets a third evolution then that would be a possibility.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Yes it was a good battle.... especially the one between Pikachu and Empoleon. Pikachu battled really well...That volt tackle in mid-air