• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Rival Trainer Jun Appears!

Back at Hearthome City, Ash is eager to challenge Fantina to a gym battle. However, before he gets a chance, he meets up with a trainer called Jun, from the same town as Dawn. Upon meeting, Ash learns that Jun is a trainer who follows Paul's training method; looking for strong Pokémon and getting rid of weaker ones. Ash is annoyed by this and intends to show Jun the proper way to train. The pair do battle...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I wondered when the D/P rival was going to make an appearance.

So they're going to make him into another Paul, he'll most likely be Dawn's new rival if he does contests.

I don't think Ash needs another trainer like Paul to go against.

Shinneth

Fail-Leader!
Despite his admiration, Jun doesn't seem to be "like" Paul at all, which is kind of the great irony of it all. He comes off more as a hyperactive trying-too-hard Paul wannabe and instead is rather fail at emulating him. That, I could deal with. It's entertaining that way.

I really do hope this Paul obsession links up to a particular theory that's been going around...

Still, Jun sounds like a lot of fun. It's almost unfair in a way that Ash is getting all the good rivals while Dawn's stuck with Mentor Zoey and Stock Character #342- I mean Kenny.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
WPM says Jun has Byron's badge, Gardenia's badge, and a unkown badge... what did it look like? Can someone provide a pic?

csisps_26

Roark <3
Hey guys! From the synopsis, it sounds interesting... But I haven't watched it. So, if anyone knows where I could watch it... But hey! Jun's there. The preview was funny. ^^ I'm sure it's a nice episode. So... how was the battle? What move against who and so on?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Well, well, looks like Cacnea learned Drain Punch after all...

[img139]http://i34.*******.com/23sd8b4.jpg[/img139]

Last edited:

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
From the pic, it looks to be more than a match for Jun's Empoleon.

shac

The battle between Jun and Ash went like this-

Chimmy vs Straraptor- chimmy won
Chimmy vs. Roserade- Roserade won
Roserade vs. Gliscor- double KO
Pikachu vs. Empoleon- Pikachu won

Also there was a pis in bulbagarden-forums showing that gardenia battled Jun's empoleon with her cacnea(!!). The pic shows cacnea using drain punch on empoleon...

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
So does he only have 3 pokemon?

I would have thought he'd have a full team.

I can't wait to see Roserade in action, if it's strong enough to take down a fire type.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So, it seems that if Jun appears in the league, Ash will be going against 2 fully evolved mega teams!

This kinda gives Chimchar and Buizel even more hope of becoming Infernape and Floatzel. :D

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah. Alot of characters usually don't show off every Pokemon they own right off. We never saw Gary's starter till Johto for example, and with Masamune's first apperance we saw that he had other Pokemon but didn't see them till the League.

EDIT: Here's Grotle from the opening:
[img139]http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/Yukiwarashi/GrotleEvo.png[/img139]
(that last pic of him he now slowly charges towards the screen)

Turtwig's still in the Ending...Ending's last shorter, so they might wait will the next one to update with the new captures/evos.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
So we have a Paul obsessive. Any mention of Palmer? I guess they might reveal him later down the line, cause Jun looks like a regular. And I am loving that Gardenia is really putting Cacnea to good use. I hope they actually meet up at some point to show how it's doing.

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
lol i like the way Fantina spun off of Brock at the beginning and WOW havent heard about Cacnea in a while and looks like Gardenia was able to get Cacnea to master drain punch

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Did NOT see Jun's admiration of Paul coming at all. That just added a whole new dimension to his character. Like Sinneth said, I hope this turn of events is referenced or has a plot developing for it later on.

Oh, and Cacnea's kicking butt. Awesome!!

Dax

Legend
I believe this is the 109, 569 Staraptor we see in the anime. By the time Staravia evolves if it does I won't feel a thing.

Glad to see Empoleon.:D