• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Barry's Busting Out All Over! (569)

milenadrg

Barry's funny! But really annoying when he counts.

Is is just me or barry have 3 badges but one of themes fake!

It's not fake badge, it's just Anime-Only badge. Anyways, Anime=/=Games...
Hm, that Barry was pretty interesting guy, I liked him and battle between Ash and him... I just didn't like how Ash and Co. weren't nice to him, when they first met him...

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I didn't like Barry, what a jerk.

He deserved to lose, because he was too cocky.

I was shocked at some of the results from their battle, i never would have thought Chimchar would lose to Roserade and that Gliscor would hang on as long as it did.

Rebeccag

lol Barrys quite funny but I dont really like his cockyness and his admiration of Paul. His attitude with team rockets motto was funny though
James finding out about Cacena was quite sweet though
The battle was ok though but was surprised that Pikachu nearly lost

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Dunno if someones already said this, but...Paul and Barry? Reminds me of the Chuckle brothers.

I hope I'm not the only one who got this reference. Oh, the amusing imagery it produces.

Torpoleon

When Empoleon used Hydro Cannon (which doesn't look like Water Pulse), you hve to recharge which Empoleon did not do. Water Pulse is technically supposed to like Rasengan from Naruto and have a wave of water behind it. It does look like Ice Ball and I think they should make it look like what i was like in the games. The battle was my favorite part. I liked the battling themes for Chimchar VS Staraptor, Chimchar (than Gliscor) VS Roserade. Barry's Staraptor having Tackle just doesn't sound right. What abut moves like Aerial Ace and Brave Bird? Or some move tutor moves like Heat Wave, maybe?

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I hope I'm not the only one who got this reference. Oh, the amusing imagery it produces.

You're not alone, they were good back in the day.

Ahh the memories.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
One thing I'm really happy about is that they kept the jazzy theme music when they first introduced Barry. I liked that music in the Japanese version and was glad to hear it again in the dub. I loved Barry's voice, it sounds similar to what I always imagined he would sound like. I'm glad that they used a lot of Barry's phrases from the game, a nice addition. I think this was a great episode overall and can't wait to see Barry again.

Ryuu-Anima

Sera Kureseria
... ... ... I think I'm a fangirl now. Barry is just too funny, and he's almost identical to his persona in the games. May I (mis)quote him in Eterna: "Always have your attacks land! Never let your opponents attacks land! That way, you'll be invincible!"

So yeah, with Platinum's lines it makes even more sense that they'd make Barry/Jun a Paul fanboy. (Halfway to a bromance, anyone?) Plus... he demanded a fine! so awesome.

Cobalt_Latios

Barry's Staraptor having Tackle just doesn't sound right. What abut moves like Aerial Ace and Brave Bird? Or some move tutor moves like Heat Wave, maybe?
This is Barry we're talking about. I was surprised at first, but not by much mind you.

Sadly, I don't get it. Link to information would be kind of nice.

*C_L*

STICKTOPIA

STICKTOPIA

Blue Snover

Cold as ice

Torpoleon

The only boring part in the battle was the Empoleon vs. Pikachu one. There wasn't as much dodging like in the previous matches. It was just boring. Barry should have used a better Pokemon and maybe there would have been more dodging like in the previous matches.