• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Basculin is Op (BW2 OU Team)

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
This team, if you haven't already caught on, uses the destructive powers of the bass to destroy top tier threats in OU.
Originally made for Ger's MTMTE (More than meets the eye) tour(where you have to use a pokemon that is seen as trash, but is actually very viable in OU) This team is designed to rip apart the opponents team, and then proceed to clean up any remains. this team got me a 2100 on ps before dying to hardcore hax.

550-blue.gif

Splash Attack (Basculin-Blue-Striped) @ Choice Band
Trait: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Waterfall
In a tier full of ponies and dragons, there is one fish who will fight these fiends without retreating....unless he's locked into the wrong move.
Banded Bass is a freaking monster, destroying a ton of top tier threats with it's decent speed and great attack, further boosted by it's adaptability, which makes it's stab multiplier x2, and even non boosted by rain, it still wrecks stuff. Time for some calcs.
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Basculin Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 392-464 (121.36 - 143.65%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Basculin Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Jirachi in rain: 246-290 (71.92 - 84.79%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Basculin Waterfall vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Garchomp in rain: 326-384 (91.06 - 107.26%) -- 43.75% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Basculin Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 168 Def Bronzong in rain: 236-278 (69.82 - 82.24%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Basculin Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 292-348 (93.89 - 111.89%) -- 68.75% chance to OHKO
Those are but a few of the very common sets in OU. The two other moves provide good coverage, nailing Jelly and Ice, Dark, and steel types.

642-therian.gif

Thundurus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
A pretty basic Agility set, getting good all around coverage with Thunder Focus Miss and HP ice. I opted Life Orb over Expert Belt because i wasn't getting those needed kos, and to be honest faking a spec set didn't usually help me much.

445.gif

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
This Garchomp has been a very succesful lead for me, from either setting up rocks to killing opposing lead dragons. Earthquake provides a strong stab, and does a number on a lot of opposing rain pokes/ sun teams. Dragon Claw provides stab aswell, and is good at taking down dragons. Stone Edge was put on for coverage, as honestly fire fang in rain didn't work out so well.

186.gif

Polith (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Encore
This Politoad has proven very good at getting the job done. Though it may be weaker than some of it's brethren, it gets the job done well.
Focus Miss is there for coverage, and helps taking down ttars and any stray steels. Hydro Pump provides a strong, rain boosted stab move. Ice beam provides coverage, and helps a lot, while encore stops attempting set ups in their tracks.

212.gif

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
Banded Scizor destroys, destroys, destroys, and retreats.
A rather standard banded zor set, but with pursuit to catch anything retreating for good damage. this thing helps with my dragon problem.
121.gif

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Trick
- Ice Beam
Scarf Starmie is my anti-scarfers poke, which outspeeds all pokes in ou with a scarf (not counting jolteon, ala, and aero, as no one runs those scarfed) it also outspeeds venasaur in sun, and anything 115-
it also gets rid of hazards, which bug my team.

Thanks for reading this, and if you have any suggestions or improvements, please tell me, as i want to make this team better and better.
Splash Attack (Basculin-Blue-Striped) @ Choice Band
Trait: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Polith (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Thundurus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Agility
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bug Bite
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Starmie @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Rapid Spin
- Trick
- Ice Beam

Hey Crys,

After a quick look i feel that Yache berry on garchomp would suit you better aswell as swords dance>stone edge. I find that that SD will allow you to provide more damage on walls such as ferro.

And on Politoed i feel that perish song may be more useful than encore. But up to you my friend

McDanger

bulky rotom wash is a pain for your team as he can put pressure on starmie, basc, and politoed, and threaten burns on garchomp and scizor. To me thunderus and starmie seem to hinder the team a bit as you have 2 banded cleaners and while they can KO physical walls, no good player will leave ferrothorn in on thunderus. I like what elite suggested as keldeo, tho it probably will be banned soon, is a problem without starmie, even with starmie in all honesty as its got poor defenses, and lets him check/cripple walls that are a problem like ferrothorn and skarmory making it easier for scizor or basculin to clean. It also helps in the area that your mildly sun weak because you need the rain for thunderus and basculin.

I suggest toxicroak over thunderus as it helps with keldeo whos a pain, breloom, and choiced rotom. Toxicroak works good with the team as scizor checks latios via pursuit/bp, tho sucker punch helps, while toxicroak as i said handles keldeo while being able to check slower dragons like dragonite with ice punch, and faster ones with sucker punch helping basculin.

Lastly i think offensive celebi would be great on the team as celebis checks are turned into momentium ex. ttar is set up on by toxicroak, forced out by scizor and basculin, scizor is checked by basculin, e belt keldeo is set up on by toxicroak while helping with rotom wash and other rain teams

Sets
Garchomp@yache berry
jolly
4hp/252 attack/252 speed
-earthquake
-outrage
-swords dance
-aqua tail/stealth rocks

Toxicroak@life orb
adamant
4hp/252 attack/252 speed
dry skin
-swords dance
-sucker punch
-ice punch
-cross chop

Celebi@leftovers
modest
224 hp252sp attack/32 speed
-psychic/stealth rocks
-recover
-u turn/baton pass/stealth rocks
-giga drain

Cloystoys

This is not my tea!
I feel you need a pokemon with a fire attack due to the wall that is known as Ferrothorn