• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

'Bat Command' in the NU competition

archeopsdan

Hello and welcome to my first attempt into NU for a while. The theme of this team is the 'bats': Swoobat and Golbat which i won't remove no matter what. This team is to be used on Pokémon online before anyone asks.

So, here we go:

;315;

A spiky exterior

Pokémon: Roselia
Nature: Bold
Ability: Natural Cure
Items: Evolite
EV's: 202 Hp, 252 Def, 56 Sp.Def

-Aromatherapy
-Spikes
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis

One of my lead choices due to use of spikes which explains why I have that. Aromatherapy is there to restore status for the so they can sweep/survive easier. Sludge Bomb prevents Taunt baiting while being both powerful and status inducing. Finally Synthesis gives a recovery option while not being a great one does work. As you can guess Roselia is support and a water waller.

:528:

Its 'Swoo' Simple

Pokémon: Swoobat
Nature: Timid
Ability: Simple
Items: Life Orb
EV's: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Atk, 4 Hp

-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Heat Wave
-Giga Drain

Another Lead choice for the team, with an ability to provide an early sweep. This is my primary Special sweeper of the team and where this idea came from, In this case after one Calm Mind Swoobat has 506 Sp.Atk which is higher than ANYTHING unboosted. Stored Power should be after at one Calm Mind otherwise its useless, however after one it has a base power of 100 and after two 180 while working with 506 Sp.Atk and 759 Sp.Atk respectfully which is just awesome. While that provides stab, Heat Wave and Giga Drain provide coverage and healing respectfully.

;042;

A Golden Opportunity

Pokémon: Golbat
Ability: Inner Focus
Items: Evolite
EV's: 60 Hp, 200 Def, 250 Sp.Def

-Super Fang
-Toxic
-Roost
-Heat Wave/ Whirlwind/ Mean Look/ Haze

The Second and final part of the theme for this team, I have used a variety of the standard stallbat set used on Crobat. Super Fang is the main form of damage dealing and to prevent Taunt baiting. Toxic provides most of the later damage while also providing status. Roost is my method of recovering for Golbat to recover health and dodge some Super Effective hits. Finally my last has been played about with while I’ve being playing online: Heat Wave provides a mega surprise for steels types and also burns them and hits ghosts hard (sometimes), Whirlwind for getting new opponents hit with entry hazards and ruining boosters, likewise for haze. Mean look is for locking so they can't flee and fight later or something like that...

;476;

You Shall Not Pass!

Pokémon: Probopass
Ability: Sturdy
Items: Leftovers
EV's: 252 Hp, 80 Def, 176 Sp. Def

-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rocks
-Earth Power
-Volt Switch

This is my third possible lead for the option of surprise and to give an opportunity to lay Stealth Rocks as soon as possible. Thunder Wave is there to ruin sweepers and gain a better chance of setting up etc. Earth Power is my main way for him to deal damage and to gain many super effective hits unlike Flash Cannon which was my other thought. Finally Volt Switch is to 'hit and flee' while providing substantial damage against water/ flying Pokémon. Overall Probopass' purposes are wall, setup rocks and annoy opponents.

;466;

Shocking Revenge

Pokemon: Electrivire
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Motor Drive
Items: Choice Scarf
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp

-Wild Charge
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch

The fastest Pokémon in the team and the team’s revenge killer. Wild Charge provides stab while taking out flying and water Pokémon. The other moves provide coverage and should hit most types for neutral or super effective damage.

;419;

Bulk ‘zel’

Pokémon: Floatzel
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Water Veil
Items: Life Orb
EV's: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 Hp

-Bulk Up
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Return

My second and final setup sweeper as well as final choice for a lead for a possible early sweep. Bulk Up provides attack and defence boosting. Waterfall provides and coupled with Return hit everything in NU for neutral or better (I think). Aqua Jet gives priority of it is required.

So there you are my first reattempt into NU, I will admit now that I may need to replace either Probopass or Floatzel in some way but I’m not sure.

;315; :528: ;042; ;476; ;466; ;419;

Looking at Probopass, I immediately think of Armaldo. He can set up Stealth Rocks and provide rapid spin support, which your bats will need because of their weakness to Stealth Rocks.