• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Batman and Superman: New Batman...is Ben Affleck?

Are you in the fetal position because of this?

• yes

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • no

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
Ben Affleck as Batman. What the hell man. Who's Robin? Matt Damon? Good god this is so obscenely stupid. Can't believe i'm saying this, but they actually found someone worse than Clooney to play Batman. Batman and Superman is going to be a flop. All hopes for a Justice League movie are destroyed, DC implodes. Is anyone else in the fetal position right about now?

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
I am shocked. If they were going to do a Batman Superman movie, why not *sarcastic gasp* USE THE SAME ACTORS YOU HAD! Man, do people screw up so many opportunities for a good movie.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
If they believe that two different actors for Batman in the same era works, they ARE out of their mind.

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Ahahaha...well, that too, lol. I thought he did great in Armageddon, though. Or was that just his best? xD

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Right as I'm thinking about this guy (he was in some commercial; not a fan of his at all)...somehow this shows up. What has the world come to for this to happen?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
If they believe that two different actors for Batman in the same era works, they ARE out of their mind.
I don't think this Batman is the same as the Nolanverse one. Besides Bale doesn't want to do more Batman movies. They just wanna softly reboot Batman to work in a larger universe.

The Trend

Banned
The Trend doesn't think Ben Aflek would be too terrible. Daredevil was a bad movie but it found that Ben Aflek suited the role. His performance did remind The Trend of Batman. He has that type of persona, and it fails to see what's so bad about him.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I laugh on it when I heard the news.

Geekachu

Bale didn't want to do more Batman.

Give the guy a chance at least. I'm sure people were pretty doubtful when it was announced Heath Ledger was to portray The Joker.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Ben Affleck as Batman. What the hell man. Who's Robin? Matt Damon? Good god this is so obscenely stupid. Can't believe i'm saying this, but they actually found someone worse than Clooney to play Batman. Batman and Superman is going to be a flop. All hopes for a Justice League movie are destroyed, DC implodes. Is anyone else in the fetal position right about now?

Say, do you remember the last time WB chose an actor to play Batman and the fans were in uproar about it, threatening to boycott the movie?

michael-keaton-tim-burton-on-the-set-of-batman-1989_.jpg

Because I do. The film hasn't even started shooting and you're already declaring it RUINED FOREVAR. Grow up, sunshine.

Say, do you remember the last time WB chose an actor to play Batman and the fans were in uproar about it, threatening to boycott the movie?

View attachment 10086

Because I do. The film hasn't even started shooting and you're already declaring it RUINED FOREVAR. Grow up, sunshine.

I'm curious, have you seen Daredevil? Ben Affleck could'nt even play a blind obscure superhero, and you believe that he'll be a good Batman? Go watch Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon and Smokin' aces and tell me if you think he's a good actor. I'm sorry, but he's pretty much confined to a tier above Vin Diesel.

Perhaps i was a bit cruel on that last one. He's a bad actor, but he's not Vin Diesel bad. He's basically on par with Ashton Kutcher, Keanu Reeves, Brenden Fraser and Hayden Christensen.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I'm curious, have you seen Daredevil? Ben Affleck could'nt even play a blind obscure superhero, and you believe that he'll be a good Batman? Go watch Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon and Smokin' aces and tell me if you think he's a good actor. I'm sorry, but he's pretty much confined to a tier above Vin Diesel.

Hollywoodland, State of Play, Argo and To the Wonder say "Hi!" Yes, I've seen Daredevil, but that thing had enough problems. You could have cast a young Marlon Brando as Daredevil and that film still would have been crap. Batman is hardly this classic iconic role like Hamlet or James Bond, either, and it's a sequel to Man of Destroying Stuff Steel, so Affleck - even if he's bad - will be the least of this film's problems.

And I loved Smokin' Aces.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Gigli, Pearl Harbor, Armageddon? The most recent one of these came out a decade ago. Time's changed, you haven't. How many Oscars does a guy need to win before he can play a psychologically damaged man who runs about in his underpants?

OK, one more thing: here's fan reaction to Heath Ledger getting cast as the Joker. Be warned, some of this is homophobic "tee-hee he played a gay cowboy he's gonna have sex with Batman!" drivel.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Lol, my brothers just found out about this, and they're confused as hell. I personally don't care, but if the end of the world is near as "prophesied" by I Am Legend judging from the Batman and Superman logo that was in New York, then I'll be a bit more concerned about something else other than a movie I'm never going to see.

And I don't remember Ben Affleck that much, honestly. I've seen Pearl Harbor and Armageddon, but I didn't know who he played in those movies, nor did I care. The only thing that pops into mind hearing "Affleck" is "Aflac". And even then, even if he's a bad actor and possibly got better overtime, how do we know that the movie will be good anyway? We don't know what's in the script yet. And considering how I've only heard really good or really bad things about Man of Steel, I think it'll be the same thing here. I doubt this movie will kill superhero movies (though didn't Green Lantern almost kill superhero movies much like Superman IV nearly killed Superman?), but if it kills crossover superhero movies that's not the Avengers, then all fingers can be pointed at something about this movie.

For now, let's just wait and see what happens. If you don't like Ben Affleck, no one's stopping you from not seeing the movie. But if you want to see the movie, don't let it bother you and remind yourself that the other half of the money will go to whomever's Superman.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon

Stop over reacting, you have no idea what direction the new Batman movie will go in and how the crossover will work.

I am shocked. If they were going to do a Batman Superman movie, why not *sarcastic gasp* USE THE SAME ACTORS YOU HAD! Man, do people screw up so many opportunities for a good movie.

Gee because they didn't want to use the same actor or set it in the Nolan Batman universe?

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Stop over reacting, you have no idea what direction the new Batman movie will go in and how the crossover will work.

Batman is going to be in a movie with Superman. And Batman is going to fight Superman. We know this from what they flat-out told us. So it's going to be Ben Affleck beating the crap out of Superman. That's what people are going to see.

Gee because they didn't want to use the same actor or set it in the Nolan Batman universe?

So? Then they don't have to. But there are lists and lists of actors they could have tapped to get an older Bruce Wayne. They didn't need to resort to Hollywood Affleck.

The biggest problem with this is that when people watch this movie, they aren't going to see Bruce Wayne/Batman. They're going to see Ben Affleck/Ben Affleck dressed up as Batman. I've got NO idea what WB was thinking here... It's like they're saying 'Jeez, we did way too well with the first Man of Steel Movie. We need something to really f--- this up beyond repair.'.

Last edited:

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
Well, with Bale not wanting to do another Batman (which sucks, because of the cliff-hanger at the end of the last one), why not wait a few years, at least? I mean, Man of Steel JUST came out, and now with Bale saying "See ya", give the series time. What about a Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman movie before starting to roll onto Justice League territory. At least Marvel was smart with separate movies before the Avengers.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Well, with Bale not wanting to do another Batman (which sucks, because of the cliff-hanger at the end of the last one), why not wait a few years, at least? I mean, Man of Steel JUST came out, and now with Bale saying "See ya", give the series time. What about a Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman movie before starting to roll onto Justice League territory. At least Marvel was smart with separate movies before the Avengers.

That's the problem. DC and Warner Bros. are so desperate to jump on the superhero-mega-movie bandwagon that they're willing to rush Man of Steel 2, The Flash, and Justice League out and screw them over just to make a quick buck and say, "Yeah, we were on that hype, too."