• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Batman Dark Knight Rises

JD

Anyone else looking forward to this one? It looks pretty good I'm planning to go to the midnight release with a few of my friends if my parents let me. I think it comes out in less than two weeks now.

GalladeX

It's gonna be great, but I'm annoyed at how they sort of whitewashed Bane, and it seems like Chris Nolan always casts the same people in everything.

KenoShay

Sinnoh Champ
looks good, but bane really

The Unknown Twinkie

Lilligant is so cute
I want to go to the marathon where they show Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and at midnight they will show the Dark Knight Rises.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I'm still wondering whether I should go see all three, or just the one. Either way, it will most certainly not be at midnight.

REL720

The Elusive Man
I honestly can't wait to see the movie either.
But Bane has me a little worried... Doesn't really follow the comics.
& in the trailer I could barely understand what he's mumbling.

charizardfan

This is one of the two movies I've wanted to watch the most this year, and I will definitely be seeing it as soon as I can. And honestly, given Nolan's take on the Batman universe (which I've never cared for) I can understand why they did Bane the way they did. I just hope that he's entertaining, which is what really counts.

GalladeX

Yeah, why does he keep casting Christian Bale as Batman? It's getting old.

Hah.

But seriously- Michael Caine: The Prestige, Inception, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.
Christian Bale: The Prestige and now the Batman trilogy.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt: Inception and now The Dark Knight Rises.
Cillian Murphy: Inception, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight for literally 3 minutes, for no reason.
Ken Watanabe: Inception and Batman Begins.
Tom Hardy: Inception, TDKR...

It almost feels like he "tests" actors in other movies before putting them in his new ones. I really wish he had just used an actually South American actor for Bane, rather than Tom Hardy. Heck, even someone like Luis Tozar could've pulled it off, from what I've seen of him.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
No, I understand what you're saying, and even why you're saying it, but it just doesn't bother me as much. I could also see Luis Tosar as Bane though, but as far as the trailers suggest, Tom Hardy seems to pull it off pretty well.

Necro101

I am going to go see it as soon as I can or rent it. I loved the last one (look at my sig) the Joker was greats great villain. I hope Bane will be as good.

RAWK ON

TerraWolf

Banned
Directors tend to go with actors they are used to. That is the reason why Johnny Depp and Helena Bohnam Carter always start with each other in Tim Burton movies

BurningWhiteKyurem

I honestly can't wait to see the movie either.
But Bane has me a little worried... Doesn't really follow the comics.
& in the trailer I could barely understand what he's mumbling.

Actually I think Nolan nailed the Bane part, he's been looking at the points that the other movies missed. For instance, take the Bane from Batman and Robin, the director gave that Bane more of a 90% meathead and 10% intelligent man. In fact, he had no intelligence at all, going about screaming and growling instead of talking.

At least Nolan's Bane emphasized more on intelligence (comics reflected on the intelligence dynamics between Bane and Wayne. After all, he's the only one who found out about Batman's identity). Plus, Nolan did put a realism twist on the whole Venom addiction and instead is going to make it so that Bane uses a certain gas to keep his physical pain at bay (think House and Vicodin if you're familiar with the series).

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Die hard fan of batman and loving the Nolan trilogy, liking what Nolan has done with Bane's character in that he views the world as a prison that he needs to run. Really looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises even though I've already read most of the spoilers. There are like five villains in this one as well as amazing plot devices that connect really well to Knightfall so I can definetly see this topping Dark Knight and Avengers.

TerraWolf

Banned
Die hard fan of batman and loving the Nolan trilogy, liking what Nolan has done with Bane's character in that he views the world as a prison that he needs to run. Really looking forward to the Dark Knight Rises even though I've already read most of the spoilers. There are like five villains in this one as well as amazing plot devices that connect really well to Knightfall so I can definetly see this topping Dark Knight and Avengers.

Where did you get the "five villains" thing. There is only one confirmed villain in Bane. Catwoman is an Anti-hero, much like what Miranda Tate "may" be "if" she Talia. Ras Al Ghul and Scarecrow aren't confirmed for a full role. Liam Neeson was only on set for a little and Cillian Murphy is likely gonna get the same treatment he got in TDK, with a small cameo