• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baton Pass [Needs help/modifications]

BLUES.

Something else
Ok people of Serebii, here is my attempt at a baton pass team. I used to try and run a bellyzard team but stealth rock made me yank my hair out...and I like my hair. Now I want to try baton pass. Please do criticize, and be as harsh as possible (constructively that is), give any advice, tips and all that good stuff since I still need a 6th pokeman and may need to swap some of the ones currently on the team :)

Lead--
Whimsecott
BOLD @ Focus sash
Ability: Prankster
252 hp/252 def
-Taunt
-Memento
-Tailwind
-Stun spore

Whimsecott...Perfect set-up...when not against magic bounce Espeon. Taunt the first turn to keep me from bein taunt bait/set up fodder. Turn 2 (if I was not hit by a move thanks to taunt) stun spore for speed drop, turn three (if parahax) tailwind, turn four memento. If no parahax jump straight to memento

Myright..(Forretress)
Relaxed @ custap berry
Ability: Sturdy
252 hp/108 def/150 spD
Stealth rock
Spikes
Toxic spikes
Explosion

Pretty basic spiker, stealth rock first, then toxic spikes, repeat, reg. spikes if possible, explosion to get the party started. (WILL ALWAYS GET STEALTH ROCK IN) unless taunted by...anything with taunt, or magic bounce Espeon >_>

Hindenburg (Drifblim)
Jolly @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
252 hp/150def/ 108spD
Baton pass
Stockpile
Substitute
Shadow ball

Substitute to keep status infliction off my back, stockpile for max defenses on both sides (re-subbing as necessary), hit with shadow ball until I can get another sub to ensure that I pass a fat,juicy sub + max defenses to my next poke.

Floatzel
Jolly @ Lefteovers
Ability: Swift swim
252 hp/ 252speed
Bulk up
Taunt
Baton pass
Aqua jet

Hmmm....Not sure why floatzel...but it has taunt because taunt is that awesome, bulk up to get +1 atk and def. (should anything have gone wrong with drifblim--which isn't very rare). I try to go for at least one bulk up, but if I feel purty good about being able to take another hit or two I may go for a 2nd or third.
If I am in need to set up in a hurry, I may just skip this part and go straight for my receiver...

RECEIVER

Medicham
Jolly@ wide lens
Ability: Pure Power
252 att/252 speed
Ice punch
Fire punch
Thunderpunch
High jump kick :D

Well,well...random pokemon with great potential. Pure power....broken ability, physical attacks are now stronger, jolly for more speed, Pseudo Bolt-Beam, fire punch for steelix, magnezone, and other mean walls. Last but not least, Highjump Kick. Base 130 + STAB = 195 Base power...90 Accuracy which is compensated by wide lens giving it perfect accuracy...did I mention pure power?
Hides behind bulky sub most of the time so yeah, purty sweet.

Now I need your help, if you have any tips, advice, criticism, or experience using or battling Baton Passing teams and you notice that a critical component of such team is missing in mine, please point it out.
On another note, I like Medicham for the sweep, but I'd also like to use other BL/UU/NU pokemon, such as butterfree, for the sweep. If you have any suggestions for the receivers or ideas for embarrasing pokemon to sweept with let me know. PM Or reply to the thread.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
You could also try a shell smashing baton passer Gorebyss. I know he works quite well on paper, but i'v never tried him xD

R a g h u

try a DW Smeargle with shell smash, baton pass with focus sash.But the poke receiving the pass should have white herb equipped.

BLUES.

Something else
Thanks for the tips,
I think I'm going to add smeargle for the randomness in it, and it's ability to pass ingrain, that way I can deal with phazers who roar me away --__-- and I get random stats boosted...and deceased, if nothing more it'll be insanely fun, or I'll try gorebyss on the side and choose one out of the two.

If you guys still have any tips or ideas dont hesitate to voice yourselves, I really want to improve the team further.

Thanks for the tips,
I think I'm going to add smeargle for the randomness in it, and it's ability to pass ingrain, that way I can deal with phazers who roar me away --__-- and I get random stats boosted...and deceased, if nothing more it'll be insanely fun, or I'll try gorebyss on the side and choose one out of the two.

If you guys still have any tips or ideas dont hesitate to voice yourselves, I really want to improve the team further.

I thought the ability 'moody' was banned??
If i'm wrong then defo use it, it would be fun :D

BLUES.

Something else
I thought the ability 'moody' was banned??
If i'm wrong then defo use it, it would be fun :D

Aww man,
I have to make sure that it's not, but I'll try out a smeargle DW ability or not because Smeargle is just so awesome, no one can predict it fully.
I might even make him the receiver of the chain xD
Thanks for telling me about it though, I wouldnt want to be banned or whatever :D

Aww man,
I have to make sure that it's not, but I'll try out a smeargle DW ability or not because Smeargle is just so awesome, no one can predict it fully.
I might even make him the receiver of the chain xD
Thanks for telling me about it though, I wouldnt want to be banned or whatever :D

yeah the ability moody is banned :( i always wanted a moodly bibarel to be the reciever of a baton pass team lol.

BTW if your not using smeargle,Gorebyss is great with shell smash (though if you didn't have ingrain you will probably get roared away). I tried one out and the reciever swept the whole team, i only got 1 shell smash though. Heres the set:
Gorebyss@white herb
calm nature
evs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Scald/ surf
- Ice Beam

Last edited:

BLUES.

Something else
yeah the ability moody is banned :( i always wanted a moodly bibarel to be the reciever of a baton pass team lol.

BTW if your not using smeargle,Gorebyss is great with shell smash (though if you didn't have ingrain you will probably get roared away). I tried one out and the reciever swept the whole team, i only got 1 shell smash though. Heres the set:
Gorebyss@white herb
calm nature
evs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass
- Scald/ surf
- Ice Beam

Thanks I'm definitely going to try this out, if you dont mind me asking, who was your reciever?
I think for this I'm going to to use Mixed Dragonite
Dragonite@Life orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Mild nature
252Atk/252 Sp.A
-Draco Meteor/dragon pulse
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed
I'm only going to run Inner Focus temporarily until I can get my hands on a DW Dragonite with Multiscale >:D

As soon as your opponent starts thinking that your team is a baton pass team, he'll just do 1 thing:

Taunt.
Make sure your floatzel arrives safely so he can do a taunt before you receive one!

Toxicated92

Water Expert
You could, get it to rain, send out a magikarp with 'swift swim ability' holding a focus sash.
You'd open with a smergle with spore, substitute, belly drum & baton pass.
Then send out Magikarp, and if it's raining, his speed will be untouchable, he will get hit, be left with 1 Hp and then use flail!
It's already been powered up with Smeargles Belly drum and then flail does more damage the smaller the users Hp, just a idea to have fun with :p

BLUES.

Something else
LOL Magikarp sounds good on paper, I'll test it out eventually. And Farfan, yeah, it's happened a few times xD

Thanks I'm definitely going to try this out, if you dont mind me asking, who was your reciever?
I think for this I'm going to to use Mixed Dragonite
Dragonite@Life orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Mild nature
252Atk/252 Sp.A
-Draco Meteor/dragon pulse
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake
-Extremespeed
I'm only going to run Inner Focus temporarily until I can get my hands on a DW Dragonite with Multiscale >:D

sorry for getting back to you a bit late, my reciever was a mixed salamence, heres the set i used (i gave it leftovers to heal off some of the SR damage).

Salamence@ leftovers/life orb
Naive nature
evs: 116 Atk / 216 SpA / 176 Spe
-draco meteor
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Outrage

I think your mixed dragonite would work out well btw :D

EDIT: that magikarp set sounds fun! you'd need someone to take out ghosts though.

Last edited:

shikimaru303

Myright..(Forretress)
Relaxed @ custap berry
Ability: Sturdy
252 hp/108 def/150 spD
Stealth rock
Spikes
Toxic spikes
Explosion/Volt switch
Try volt switch instead of explosion for forretress. even though you lose a strong attack, you regain forretress's usability. choice is up to you :p

xbinox

You could, get it to rain, send out a magikarp with 'swift swim ability' holding a focus sash.
You'd open with a smergle with spore, substitute, belly drum & baton pass.
Then send out Magikarp, and if it's raining, his speed will be untouchable, he will get hit, be left with 1 Hp and then use flail!
It's already been powered up with Smeargles Belly drum and then flail does more damage the smaller the users Hp, just a idea to have fun with :p

1 word. PRIORITY. anyways you could try mew as well, with aura sphere, giga drain, psyshock, baton pass, that way if it's about to die you can pass to another recipient

Medicham's Hat

<-- Jazz Hands
Medicham!!!!!! This is my new favorite RMT, just because you built a team around my favorite Pokemon :D

But on a more serious note, replace Fire Punch with Psycho Cut or Zen Headbutt (with Wide lens it gets perfect accuracy and the Flinch Chance is nice) for more coverage, as HJK does more than Fire Punch even when it's super effective.

DragonTamerSean

Tamer of All Dragons
Try this guy

Ninjask@Focus Sash
Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
Jolly
-Protect
-Swords dance
-Baton Pass
-(open space)

On my Ninjask, (before editing my team) I had the Swords Dance, Agility Baton Pass.

BLUES.

Something else
:D Wow you guys, thanks a lot for the help. Sorry for not checking up promptly I''ve had a lot of stuff to do.
@Shikimaru303
I had no clue forretress got volt switch, it sounds nice but on this team I really prefer to blow it up to put a tiny dent on things to ease the transition in starting the baton chain, and I find it very hard to switch out after starting the chain.

@Medicham'sHat
Medicham is pretty awesome/ broken ability/ great attacks/ and good stats. He's simply one of those pokemon that are often overlooked.
Anyway, I think I'm going to try the Zen Headbutt to see how that goes, dual stabs are always nice.