• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Baton Passing Smeargle

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I was just wondering, how do I get Baton Pass onto Smeargle?

I'm raising a Timid Smeargle, hopefully with the move set Spore, Baton pass, Agility & Belly drum.

So far I only have Spore, but I'm having trouble getting Baton pass. Every time I try and have my Smeargle use Sketch on my Umbreon, is says that it failed.

Here's what I did in my attemped to get BP:

1: Entered a double against those reporters (my Smeargle/Umbreon vrs their Loudred/Magneton).

2: Umbreon used Substitute, Smeargle used Spore (their Pokemon attack Umbry and it doesn't do much).

3: Umbreon uses Baton Pass, Smeargle uses Sketch on Umbreon.

4: But it fails. >_<;

Why is it failing? You must have to use Sketch to get BP, so what am I doing wrong?

Mew3

Kill `em!
I don't know why, maybe Sketch only works when used on opponent's Pokemon?

Dark_Steelix

<~ Yo quiero!!
Do you only have Smeargle and Umbreon on your team? Because in order for Smeargle to sketch Baton Pass, Baton Pass must fail. And Baton Pass will fail if you have no other party pokemon to baton pass to.

House of Numbers

Overheated Blaziken
It could be:

1. Sketch doesn't work while there is a Substitute up. Try doing this without Substitute.

2. What Dark Steelix said.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Thanks for your advice, guys.

Do you only have Smeargle and Umbreon on your team? Because in order for Smeargle to sketch Baton Pass, Baton Pass must fail. And Baton Pass will fail if you have no other party pokemon to baton pass to.

As a matter of fact, I did have other Pokemon on my team. So I deposited them, tried again, and it worked.

Thank you! ^_^