• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Aboard The St. Anne (015)

“Cruisin' for a bruisin'?” Really, narrator?

Yeah, that was cringe-worthy, that line.

I noticed something with this episode, most of the Pokemon we've seen in the past 15 episodes they were the only Pokemon that various people on the boat had. Maybe minus Raticate and Magikarp.

Was neat to see some more Team Rocket grunts other than Jessie and James.
So we have our first official cliffhanger, it seems.

"Stop acting like an ignoramus!"
I don't why I found this line so funny. I truly don't.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled like a hyena at Jessie and James's schoolgirl outfits and tans at the start. I appreciated Giovanni's debut as well, but I wish he had done more than simply sit in the shadows; his voice filter effect was creepy though. James getting tricked into buying a useless Magikarp was funny to watch as well. Poor dat.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how the St. Anne ship was given a bigger purpose in the show and I liked seeing Giovanni give Jessie & James direct orders for the 1st time. I was upset that Ash traded his Butterfree for a Raticate but thankfully he did a trade back. :)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved this episode. It had some great battles and watching everyone take out Team Rocket was nice. I also liked the moments that Ash had when he decided to and after he traded Butterfree. I also found James hilarious in the beginning of the episode.
10/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved this episode. It had some great battles and watching everyone take out Team Rocket was nice. I also liked the moments that Ash had when he decided to and after he traded Butterfree. I also found James hilarious in the beginning of the episode.
10/10

Ha ha James dressed as a girl and saying 'cool' alot was funny. I also liked how he spent so much money on a useless Magikarp. He gets tricked too easily. ^^;

keepitsimple

site of lies
This was a fun episode - some nice battles, some good gags, Ash learns about trading... it would be perfect if only the end of the episode wasn't so dumb with the St. Anne going the way of the Titanic, setting up for one of the dumbest, most confusing and illogical arcs I've seen in this show.

And that captain. That captain was awful. I'd go as far as to call him unlikable.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
A nice episode. The first time we got to see Ash trade Pokémon, a couple of fun battles and the nice last-second trade-back when the ship was about to sink.

Gillachu

Banned
I liked James and Jessie's schoolgirl outfits and how James got scammed into buying a Magikarp. I wish Ash had kept Raticate. ;)

My favorite moment from this episode was when James got tricked into buying a Magikarp from the salesman. The St. Anne looked great too.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was great to see the St. Anne in the anime, especially since Sakaki had a plan for the Rocket-dan to invade the vessel. Kojirou purchasing Koiking was a huge error on his part for being so gullible, and Satoshi trading Butterfree for a Ratta was a bad deal. Thankfully the Gentleman did a trade back with him.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The battle against Team Rocket was good: having the Pokemon battle in the form of a pyramid was smart. And the Magikarp salesman was funny. At the end, it was too bad that Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, and James didn't escape the S.S. Anne. :x

Alloutℯ

Banned
The St. Anne's sinking happened too fast and didn't make any sense. I was proud when Ash did a trade back though and I wish Butterfree's reaction to the trade had been shown.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I honestly chuckled when the S.S. Anne's captain put his own life before the lives of the passengers by lowering his own lifeboat. It was selfish of him, yet cynically realistic.

Manchee

extra toasty
This episode (along with the two following it) have always been one of my favorite little arcs in the series. I used to be terrified of ships as a kid because of this episode (I still kind of am, tbh). It's fun to see a bunch of Pokémon trainers gathering together to go on a cruise together, and I wish this was something explored more in the series, even beyond what it is in the games. Going on a longer cruise and training Pokémon - and potentially trading around, too - would be really fun to explore in a game as long as the ship doesn't sink!

Leonhart

Imagineer
It's fun to see a bunch of Pokémon trainers gathering together to go on a cruise together, and I wish this was something explored more in the series, even beyond what it is in the games.

Thinking back, I don't even recall if the ship's destination was mentioned. Had it not sunk, I wonder where the St. Anne would've taken Satoshi's group.

Since Team Rocket managed to infiltrate the S.S. Anne easily I've always wondered if Giovanni owned the cruise ship. When Ash gave up Butterfree for Raticate, it was a betrayal.