• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Animations

Qwerty8181

Wanderer of Regions
As everyone knows, battles are a main component of pokemon games. All battles are comprised of each pokemon's attacks with their respective animations. Every attack has a different animation that keeps the player's focus to the screen.

With that said, I ask all of you this: what do you think of each attack animations? Discuss here your favorite, least favorite, etc. attack animations from any of the games. You may talk about any generation, any game, INCLUDING Battle Revolution and any of the games that fall under the pokemon franchise.

This thread is only for the attacks' animations, not the attack statistics.
Please abise by the forum rules.

randomspot555

I think some of my favorites are the Overheat/Leaf Storm/Draco Meteor, all those Sp Atks that lower Sp Atk stat by two stages after use.

That said, I typically play with battle animations off unless I'm in an "important" battle such as with rivals, E4, Gym Leaders, or the head of the Evil Team. It gets tiring seeing the same 2 dozen moves over and over again.

Last edited:

Pokenoob3.14

Lord of the noobs
ice beam in PBR is so epic!

725roy

ambivolent
I personally like Tackle one :p

not really, but Thunder is a favorite as usual.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
I like Leaf Blade. Swish-slash-slice!

I leave them on because I'm used to them. It'd feel rushed if I had them off.

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
Head Charge is pretty amusing, and Dark Pulse sounds and looks EPIC. The few times I've seen it, Eruption's pretty neat as well.
Night Daze is neat, but it resembles Dark Pulse a little too much. X)

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discharge's animation is interesting. Gear Grind looks dangerous. And Draco Meteor looks powerful.
These are the move animations I like.

Qwerty8181

Wanderer of Regions
I like Leaf Blade. Swish-slash-slice!

I leave them on because I'm used to them. It'd feel rushed if I had them off.

I actually like leaf blade in ruby better. It had that cool "slashing" animation.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Explosion, though it would be slightly cooler if you saw the Pokemon's bits flying across the screen.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I actually like leaf blade in ruby better. It had that cool "slashing" animation.

Couldn't agree more.

On the subject of older animations, they should bring back the RBY sound effect for Hyper-beam. Sure it was low quality, but god it was a good sound.

Magcargo96

I love this avvy
Surf looks really impressive in Triple Battles or Double Battles.
I love Fusion Bolt as well.