• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Arcade singles team

Mowz

Eh.
Hi everybody.

I have a 36 - win streak at the Battle Arcade in Platinum. I was doing well, but lost to a Water team. This is the team I was using:

Gliscor
Quirky
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Aerial Ace

Single-handedly swept Dahlia, thanks to a bit of luck (yeah, you missed, Medicham!). I used to have U-Turn instead of Aerial Ace, forgetting it after having issues with an Acupressure Dodrio and a bunch of bugs. I usually have time to set up once, and then I'm off. I destroy a lot of foes with this.

-----

Weavile
Jolly
-Night Slash
-Thief
-Ice Punch
-Rock Smash (will forget for Brick Break)

Blistering Speed and high attack make my Weavile very useful. I use it as my revenge killer, and it often ends up finishing what Gliscor started.

-----

Infernape
Bashful
-Close Combat
-Flare Blitz
-Rock Climb
-Shadow Claw

Also a revenge killer, and also a late-game sweeper. I usually use the first two moves.

-----
Planning:
Vileplume
Rash
Planned EVs:100 HP, 80 Def, 252 SpA, 72 SpD
-Sunny Day
-Solarbeam
-Sludge Bomb
-[filler - help?]

Note what I did not list:
-EV's and IV's - I do not know exact EVs and IV's, aside from Vileplume.
-Items - Anyone who plays the Arcade knows you can't use items there.

Surprisingly, I haven't run into much trouble from physical walls.

Is this good? Or am I missing something?

Last edited:
You have a really good team for the battle arcade (battle arcade is fun i've a 49 win streak:D) But for Weavile learn arial ace wich is good against fight types instead of thief. And for Infernape learn stone edge instead of rock climb. Stone edge is great against Dahlias Togekiss and Zapdos that she uses at battle 49.

Mowz

Eh.
I used the Aerial Ace TM on Gliscor, though I have some in Diamond. I'll consider it.

Edited OP, lost to a Water team. Stupid f****** Starmie.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Meh. Natures, knowing exact EVs, and IV breeding will certainly help you a lot. If you feel that your team is fine as it is, then you can ignore this.

Gliscor@X
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Sand Veil

~Swords Dance
~Roost
~Earthquake
~Aerial Ace/Ice Fang

Weavile@Y
Jolly (+Spd, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Pressure

~Swords Dance
~Ice Punch
~Night Slash
~Brick Break/Aerial Ace

Infernape@Z
Naive (+Spd, -Sp. Def)
Trait: Blaze

Nasty Plot
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Close Combat

Vileplume@K (running out of variables here)
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Chlorophyll

~Sleep Powder
~Energy Ball
~Sludge Bomb
~Charm/Synthesis/Moonlight

Mowz

Eh.
The Pokemon I'm already using are okay, but I need help on Vileplume and what to remove for it.

-----

Oddish (now Gloom)'s minimum IVs are:

30/7/25/21/0/28

Decent.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
The zero special defense is a huge turn off :/.

If you're intent on using Vileplume, I would use it over Gliscor to remove one aspect of the water weak while also adding a water resist. You do have two Psychic weak pogeys, but Weavile is immune.