• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Bloopers

Mjalna

Wild Ralts appeared!

*Shiny sparkles*

Me: "Ooh, shiny!"

Marowak used Bonemerang!

Wild Ralts fainted!

Me: "(Curses loudly at the DS.)"
----

I meant to use False Swipe...

abgar

Fufufufu
Wild Ralts appeared!

*Shiny sparkles*

Me: "Ooh, shiny!"

Marowak used Bonemerang!

Wild Ralts fainted!

Me: "(Curses loudly at the DS.)"
----

I meant to use False Swipe...

ahhhhh! that hurts!

pkmnfreak75

fear the emperor!!
I encountered a mantyke and I hadn't caught one yet. I use ice fang and..

DO"H!!!!!

I thought it would do inafecctive damage, but it did normal damage and I killed it 0 o

Last edited:

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
I got Mean Look'd by a level 14 wild Gengar with my Lopunny out. I was intending to Toxic it so I could catch it, completely forgetting that Gengar was immune to Toxic, and then I was stuck in the battle with Return and Drain Punch as my only attacks, neither of which could hit Gengar, Gengar couldn't hurt me either.

I reset after about twenty turns of doing nothing.

EDIT: Oh, hey! Rank up!

abgar

Fufufufu
I got Mean Look'd by a level 14 wild Gengar with my Lopunny out. I was intending to Toxic it so I could catch it, completely forgetting that Gengar was immune to Toxic, and then I was stuck in the battle with Return and Drain Punch as my only attacks, neither of which could hit Gengar, Gengar couldn't hurt me either.

I reset after about twenty turns of doing nothing.

EDIT: Oh, hey! Rank up!

xD how about trowing a pokeball?

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
I was paired up with another trainer I forget the name but she had Arcanine and all it used was Helping Hand so I killed it every time we got in a battle

aquasuicune

I was in the battle tower, and it was first turn. Yanmega against tyranitar. I had a voice in my head telling me to protect to get a speed boost, but I just went ahead and tried to hypnotize tyranitar. It was a CScarf tyranitar...

Shadow Lucario

Lone Vanguard
When I was first playing when I went through the Eterna Forest with Cheryl I killed her Pokemon to find out what other Pokemon she had to find out she didn't have anymore

Princess Reina

lalala....
One my pokemon used Sleep Power on Noctowl
My Lapras used Thunder on Gastrodon. I did it by mystake^^
Loppuny used Return on Gastly XD

Dont laught at me.

Cubed

You best believe it
I was training a Togepi in Gold. I was against a Spearow in the red.

Togepi used Metronome.
Metronome turned into Explosion.
Togepi used Explosion!

Hehe.

Rakurai

I tried using Psycho Cut on a Tyranitar, as I was faster then it, and thought that the player I was up against would switch it out. Unfortunately, he didn't, but oddly enough, I tried hitting it with Close Combat the next turn, and he still didn't switch it out.

Munchlax313

Giratina vs Bronzong
used Earth Power... forgot that Bronzong had levitate.... happened twice!

Wynaut?

Mine's also Metronome-based... Battle Factory, fourth run-through. I had a Chansey, Scyther, and a Weezing I think.

The basic jist is, it was Chansey vs Lickitung, and Chansey's metronome had used Ingrain, so it was stuck there. When I ran out of Metronomes leaving Lickitung with red HP, it turns out Chansey's remaining moves were Refresh, Minimize and Defence Curl.

Lickitung had Brick Break, Wrap, and two non-damaging moves.

One of Chansey's Metronome moves was Ingrain, so it was stuck there. It was also holding Leftovers. Lickitung rarely used Brick Break, and when it did Chansey had restored all it's HP in a few turns thats to Ingrain + Leftovers.

I was left doing all these defenive moves, effectively leaving the match as a stalemate, so I ran out of patience and turned my DS off. >_>

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Whilst roaming the desert I came across Latias. You can bet I was eager to catch it. But one slip of the finger, and...'Got away safely!' *Slaps head*

i was down on two pokemon geodude and magikarp against some trainers ekans.

ekans health was low and geodudes was mid.i used tackle missed, ekans used poison sting. CRITICAL HIT!!!. geodude faint. took out magikarp. magikarp used splash. ekans used poison sting. attack missed. magikarp used splash. ekans used tail whip. magikarp used splash. ekans used leer. ekans somehow get confused. magikarp used splash. ekans is confused and hits himself.magikarp uses splash -.-, ekans hit itself again and faints.