• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Chateau: Options for a parallel arc and/or possible post-league challenge?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, I couldn't let this one slide..

I just watched XY25 with subtitles. Grant tells Ash he wants to rematch him in the Battle Chateau, Ash says yes, Serena says he has to become a Grand Duke first: Ash says he will, because it will complement his goal to become a Pokemon Master.

If this is just a faulty set of subtitles, please delete this thread.

However, what's the possibilities of this? Do you think this will be a parallel arc, or might this end up being something that could be turned into a Post League-arc? Or perhaps something for Serena to prove herself in to Ash?

I just couldn't let this one slide, because I thought the Battle Chateau was done, but this episode suggests otherwise. If Ash and Serena didn't go into this, especially with an extra line saying it will add to his goal, then I would've dismissed it entirely, because as we all know: Ash never goes back to rechallenge anybody that he offered/was offered by to fight against in a rematch.

So very clearly:

- Topic: Battle Chateau
- For whom? Just Ash, or Serena as well?
- When? Parallel arc and/or Post-league?
- Effect? Ash obviously used a strategy in the gym, which he got from being in the Battle Chateau. Grand Duke Ash will end up having lost of strategies at hand. Also, provides more consistent 'official' fights.

If the subtitles were indeed accurate, then I could definitely see this becoming a Post-League arc. The reason I say post-League is because I am sure the writers would want to avoid another DA!-like arc that they had with BW and proved very unsuccessful with a lot of the fans. A parallel arc would be a possibility if this was Serena's goal as it will finally give her a goal while Ash is doing his badge quest.

I don't think this is going to be a Champion League situation where Lucian brings it up in DP and nothing comes out of it (though, that's a different topic as I still think a Champion League WILL happen someday). However, the Battle Chateau is a Kalos exclusive as far as we know (correct me if I'm wrong) so it makes sense to have it here. Maybe that confirms they are staying in Kalos passed the League. I definitely think they added those lines of dialogue in their for a region, though.

My guess with the limited information we have now is that this will be Ash's post-League goal.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Well since XY is following the footsteps of the old-school AG series, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a second saga that is similar to what Battle Frontier was.

XY is the new AG after all, so I can see something similar happening after the league.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well the "Champion League" was mentioned in DP and Ash has yet to participate in it, so I expect the Chateau to be similar in that it probably won't play a role anymore.

Well the "Champion League" was mentioned in DP and Ash has yet to participate in it, so I expect the Chateau to be similar in that it probably won't play a role anymore.

The Champion League seems like it will happen in the last series. Didn't Lucian say that Ash had to win the Kanto League in order to challenge it so even if he did win the Sinnoh League, he couldn't have done the Champion League. Unless that was only said in the dub.

The Battle Chateau is Kalos exclusive so unless they return to Kalos in a future saga, it will likely take place in Gen 6.

jrizza88

Meteorite
I wouldn't be surprised if that Battle Mansion would be the filler arc, meaning almost like the battle frontier of this generation. I think that means that would use the battle Cheatau's as to take the place of those random challenges/tournaments that Ash and co. faced in Unova. I think I would love it if Serena surprised everyone and threw a glove at Ash or someone to battle there.

Yeah, but Serena made a point to show an image and highlight the requirements for Ash. Maybe he won't reface Grant or something, but I do think there will be more of these challenges to come up in the future.

shelldude400

I'm hoping that there's more than one in the anime and they'll drop in and battle every once in a while like the tournaments in BW except preferably done a bit better .-.
Also would be good if all three of them participate so all three of them get battles in :3

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The Battle Chateau is Kalos exclusive so unless they return to Kalos in a future saga, it will likely take place in Gen 6.

The anime hypes and falsely foreshadows stuff all the time, so I'm personally not falling for it again. The Chateau doesn't seem integral to the plot in my opinion. :x

The anime hypes and falsely foreshadows stuff all the time, so I'm personally not falling for it again. The Chateau doesn't seem integral to the plot in my opinion. :x

The fact that the writers went out of their way to make Ash say it will complement is goal as Pokémon Master says otherwise.

And I don't think the Champion League was falsely advertised. They are probably saving it for the final season because Ash needs to win the Kanto League to make it to the Champion League according to Lucian (in the dub anyway).

Squirtle_007

Baron Ash having 2 goals while Serena & Clemont get a big middle finger doesn't seem fair at all and would question the meaning of their journey, but still I don't think will happen, the Chosen One makes empty promises all the time

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
The fact that the writers went out of their way to make Ash say it will complement is goal as Pokémon Master says otherwise.

And I don't think the Champion League was falsely advertised. They are probably saving it for the final season because Ash needs to win the Kanto League to make it to the Champion League according to Lucian (in the dub anyway).

If those subtitles were accurate, which I have no clue of.. Also, the topic is the possibility of the Battle Chateau being a recurring thing parallel to the gym quest, or as a Post-League quest.

The Champion's League is something totally different and is not the topic of this thread.. It has a pretty large prerequisite and Ash isn't going to meet it. Lucian was baiting, while Grant wasn't (entirely), so it has no relevance.

If those subtitles were accurate, which I have no clue of.. Also, the topic is the possibility of the Battle Chateau being a recurring thing parallel to the gym quest, or as a Post-League quest.

The Champion's League is something totally different and is not the topic of this thread.. It has a pretty large prerequisite and Ash isn't going to meet it. Lucian was baiting, while Grant wasn't (entirely), so it has no relevance.

That's true.

I just feel like what would be the point of making Battle Chateau his goal at the end of it. He already beat Grant once. Why would we need to see Ash become Grand Duke to beat him again?

Vernikova

Champion
Let's see what the line says: "Not only so I can battle Zakuro, but for the sake of becoming a Pokemon Master."

The answer is a resounding "maybe." If it does happen, I think it'll probably be for Ash and not Serena. Parallel or post-League are equally valid possibilities. The effect depends on when--if--he decides to go for it.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I rather Ash just win the Kalos League and the filler arc can be Champions League.

While I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon, I hope that Ash just wins the Kalos league and loses to the Elite Four, so that we can see him train and beat them to become Champion. I like Ash, but it's so difficult to root for him if he's going to lose the league each year because of merchandising for the next series.

nuzamaki90

Dephender, Sunain, and Bluesun are among the group that do the [PM] sub so if you watched that sub then yes, it's pretty accurate.
The Chateau was the reason why Ash started coming up with the Rock Tomb Tomb strategy against Grant. Had it not been for Serena suggesting to go there, Ash would have just went to Cyllage Gym and get his *** handed to him for not knowing how to counter the way Grant uses his moves. It's also been constantly referenced since it's debut and I don't think the writers are ptting those there for nothing. Also, unlike the Champion League, Ash doesn't have to win the Pokemon League in order to participate in the Battle Chateau again so I don't know why you're comparing the two when there are completely different requirements for the both of them.

I think Ash will come back to the Chateau, not only for Grant, but to also meet other Gym Leaders/Elite Four/Strong Trainers, and hopefully we get to see the Rap Twins again.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I can see the possibility of Ash continuing to increase his ranking in the 'Battle Chateau', but i doubt that it would be done as a separate arc.

The reason being that unlike the Battle Frontier's were one has to defeat the 'Fronter Brain' in order to get the 'Symbol'; in 'Battle Chateau' you have to win a certain amount of matches against random trainers (of similar or lower rank) in order to rank up (confirmed in the anime as well).

Since there is no chance of collecting something, i believe that 'Battle Chateau' would mostly be used to showcase Ash's training and development, with Ash facing really tough opponents from time to time (which would get there own episodes).

One possibility that the 'Battle Chateau' may present is that Ash may have to end up using even his older gen reserves in order to get to the higher ranks.

I rather Ash just win the Kalos League and the filler arc can be Champions League.

Not gonna happen in XY atleast since the writers painstakingly went and dropped Ash's position from the "Top 4" of 'Sinnoh League' to "Top 8" in 'Unova League'.

Ash has to be in the 2nd place (i.e., Top 2) atleast once, before we can ever hope to see him win a League.

That's because it would look really odd if he went from "Top 8" position in one region to being the "Winner" in the next region (considering that he starts fresh each time).

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I can see the possibility of Ash continuing to increase his ranking in the 'Battle Chateau', but i doubt that it would be done as a separate arc.

The reason being that unlike the Battle Frontier's were one has to defeat the 'Fronter Brain' in order to get the 'Symbol'; in 'Battle Chateau' you have to win a certain amount of matches against random trainers (of similar or lower rank) in order to rank up (confirmed in the anime as well).

Since there is no chance of collecting something, i believe that 'Battle Chateau' would mostly be used to showcase Ash's training and development, with Ash facing really tough opponents from time to time (which would get there own episodes).

One possibility that the 'Battle Chateau' may present is that Ash may have to end up using even his older gen reserves in order to get to the higher ranks.

Basically, this. I can't really see Battle Chateau to be used for anything outside of a more dignified tournament arc... which is not necessarily a bad thing, since otherwise we would get a completely random tournament arc in a completely random place. However, since neither Grant or Viola used any other Pokémon outside of the ones they used against Ash, I don't think there will be any trainers to actually pose a challange enough for Ash to use his reserves, so no, I don't think there is much possibility that this will be a post-league arc. It will be a yet another mid-region tournament arc, at best.

But overall, I don't think this will lead to anything. Everything regarding Battle Chateau is showcased and mentioned, there isn't much else to do there. Our filler arc is probably in another chateau[/pun].

Haunter ゴースト

I personally think we'll just see Ash go back from time to time, or maybe just the once.

Pokemon Z is likely to introduce something more post league/filler arc worthy in my opinion though. There isn't much that can be done with the Battle Chateau alone, unless a tournament was held there.

Hopefully though, whatever happens Ash does fufill what he said to Grant and becomes a high ranking Battle Chateau member.

Teebu

More than likely X Y's battle frontier, something to fill the gap between the league and when the new series is created, i think it'll happen simply because we have already been introduced into the ranks and possible rivals as well as Ash already competing once in it. Will only be Ash competing, IF serena gets a goal (it'll be so stupid if she doesn't) i can't see it being traditional battling, maybe not even battling at all, she doesn't seem decisive enough from what we have seen so far.