• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle-Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! (711)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I used to hate this episode and regard it as the worst the show's ever done but after today's episode of Journeys I figured I misjudge it.

Ash being the way he was here was because he was over-confident finally figuring out he could exploit type advantages for once and Pikachu was telling him like "dude, don't get cocky, it's better we handle this doing our usual thing".

Sorry, Elesa. I give one of your episodes a title it doesn't deserve.

I'll be support you the next time Pokémon Masters gives you a spotlight banner or lets you pick which 5-star you want.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I can still let that slide here because we've seen Ash does tend to forget stuff lol

This gym battle was horrible. Worst gym battle in the whole entire series, and maybe the worst episode in the entire series.
Ash: Electric type attacks don't work on electric types.
Well they aren't immune to it.
Palpitoad becomes a meme.
Ash: NO PALPITOAD I WAS GOING TO WIN EVERY BATTLE WITH YOU facepalm
Iris should have called Ash a kid here.
Attract doesn't work on girls. Use Roggenrola or something.
Tynamo was surprisingly good, and Pikachu snaps at Ash like he deserves.
Even though Ash did mostly keep into character during BW, this was one of the moments where he was super OOC.

RafaSceptile

AH YES, The BEST episode in the series. Such a beautifully written battle isnt it, truly the BEST gym battle -_-
Seriously what did the writers smoke while writing this, ash vs trip unova league and ash vs cameron. Honestly if these 3 things were done better BW wouldnt nearly be hated as much as it is now
TO BE FAIR...Ash VS Trip was just a rushed battle, now Ash VS Elesa and Ash VS Cameron on the other hand...

RafaSceptile

NOPE
Ash vs Trip being the first battle when Trip had a whole ****ing team and was still a big rival is **** writing
Esp how Pikachu basically two shotted Serperior
It doesnt get a pass
I mean, the battle is in the "lost potential" territory but it wasn't terrible writing like Ash VS Ritchie or this battle, or at least not in the same level. If I rank that episode, it probably will be 4/10 vs this episode with a 0/10

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I mean, the battle is in the "lost potential" territory but it wasn't terrible writing like Ash VS Ritchie or this battle, or at least not in the same level. If I rank that episode, it probably will be 4/10 vs this episode with a 0/10
Na for me its terrible
I would say Bianca vs Cameron and Ash vs Stephan were highly enjoyable

RafaSceptile

Na for me its terrible
I would say Bianca vs Cameron and Ash vs Stephan were highly enjoyable
I mean Ash VS Stephan was the best battle in the league. Ash VS Trip was considerably worse but still, the writing was more about the lost opportunity than the battle be atrocius as Ash VS Ritchie or this battle

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Never liked the episode, Ash planning on sweeping Elesa's whole team with just Palpitoad was ridiculous, and using Snivy and not Roggenrola against Emolga made no sense. Tynamo was overpowered, but at least she was terrible at taking hits. Pikachu zapping Ash actually did make sense here.
3/10