• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle-Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! (711)

Grey Wind

I was honestly disappointed with this episode.

Palpitoad battling Zebstrika ws a nice battle, I'm starting to like Palpitoad. I really didn't like the fact that Snivy went down without even hitting Emolga. I woul have rathered Palpitoad was the fall guy, since he got two wins in the Don Tournament.

Then we get to Pikachu. I liked the fact that Ash had actual trouble here, but using Pikachu was awful. It already starred against Burgh, staring again was terrible. Then the fact that it got two OHKO wins was just plain awful.

I was expecting a lot better from this Gym. Hopefully Clay's will be better.

I'm still waiting for Juputoru's comments lol.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who waits for her reviews.

Grey Wind

Oh, I didntmrealize you speak Japanese. Just wait to find out what was being said before *****ing and moaning.
I didn't realise it was illegal to dislike something.

Dman is perfectly entitled to have an opinion on this episode. You don't have any place to complain about his harsh opinions. I admit, he can get slightly irritating at times when he can complain about everything, but pretty much everyone disliked this episode.

takbir10

Banned
elesa was hot

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
It's been a long time since we've had a gym battle. I enjoyed it, but it could have been much better. I was mostly disappointed in Elesa's team and how weak it was. Zebstrika basically got knocked out in a blink of an eye from a water attack. It was made to look so strong in the last episode and all that went out the window. Emolga got knocked out by a single Quick Attack and Tynamo got knocked out by a single Iron Tail. Ash's team wasn't that great either. Palpitoad seems to be overkill strong at times, and Snivy got raped because Ash is a complete idiot. The only good thing in this episode (you're all going to kill me...) was Pikachu. Pikachu was all fired up and wasn't just used randomly to finish it. He wanted to star.

SketchFox7

Is it just me or is Snivy turning into the new Buizel, portrayed as this powerhouse in the beginning and then begins to lose quite often. The same thing happened to Buizel towards the end of DP, and now its starting to happen to Snivy. This Emolga battle reminded me of the Buizel/Steelix battle at the Canalave gym.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I love how Ash finally got his fourth badge. I was so happy to discover Palpitoad's a male, and see it in a gym battle

Haunter ゴースト

Increbible episode, definetly one of the best so far.

Palpitoad's win was portrayed a lot better than in the Don Battles.

I think Snivy could have at least put up a good fight and lose instead of being unable to hit at all.

Finally for Pikachu, his two hit KO were so greatly done with the music, we haven't seen him this strong since his fight against Latios imo, and besides Ash sitting down to after Snivy's KO, showed him as a good trainer when he fought with Pikachu.

Great episode, 9/10.

edit:

I really don't understand the peoples hate towards the writing and gym battle in this episode.

Last edited:

PokeMaster366

I was honestly disappointed with this episode.

Palpitoad battling Zebstrika ws a nice battle, I'm starting to like Palpitoad. I really didn't like the fact that Snivy went down without even hitting Emolga. I woul have rathered Palpitoad was the fall guy, since he got two wins in the Don Tournament.

Then we get to Pikachu. I liked the fact that Ash had actual trouble here, but using Pikachu was awful. It already starred against Burgh, staring again was terrible. Then the fact that it got two OHKO wins was just plain awful.

I was expecting a lot better from this Gym. Hopefully Clay's will be better.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who waits for her reviews.

What do "0HKO" and "1HKO" mean?

And for all people who feel the urge to post that "Elesa is hot.", we already know that for a fact, so there's no need to post something most people already know.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
After reading all the forum discussion, I decided to watch the episode. The episode was a tad disappointing, even though I don’t understand the language.

For one reason or another, this episode implies that Ash thinking things ahead and strategizing is bad for him. Why? His counter shield certainly wasn’t an impulse decision, and it was one of his greatest strategies in DP. We’ve seen him use type advantages in other sagas, isn’t that a strategy? Plus, Palpitoad won his battle; is that a bad thing? Maybe the lesson should have been about balancing strategy and quick thinking, rather than “if Ash makes up things as he goes along, he’ll win!” Plus, didn’t Pikachu lose to Excadrill partially because of Ash not thinking ahead about which of his three Pokémon would be the best against Iris? Condemning strategy just seems wrong, and I hope we don’t see a return of Thunder Armor or something equally ridicules later this saga.

Another thing why are Pikachu and Ash out of character in this episode? Pikachu is acting like a brat because he wasn’t going to battle, and Ash was all worried about his team line up. Is Pikachu scared that all of Ash’s Pokémon switching will lead Pikachu to be dumped at Juniper’s Lab and become Swadloon 2.0? Was Ash so scared of Elsa’s evolved Zebra after seeing it destroy Bianca that he tried to be crazy prepared and failed? Or are Ash and Pikachu only altered to fit the plot? The world may never know.

I find it amusing that for the first time in BW, Ash uses a Pokémon with a type advantage in a gym battle and wins. Palpatoad was such a BA in this episode. I also liked how Elsa used flame charge to boost the evolved Zebra’s speed even though the attack was mostly harmless. Palpitoad did get a beating from the evolved Zebra, so an Attract and a few Aerial Aces from Emolga is an understandable defeat.

After this, Ash runs out of the gym to fetch Snivy. What? Shouldn’t he be disqualified for leaving the gym? Ash could have healed up Palpitoad at the Pokémon Center and told Elsa he had two Palpitoads if he felt like cheating. Elsa must be a pretty trustworthy girl, because I’d never allow a challenger to change Pokémon mid-battle. We certainly can’t do that in the games. I don’t even know why Ash thought Snivy’s Attract would be such a game changer. Since he clearly didn’t know Palpitoad and Emolga’s genders, he only had a 50 / 50 shot of immobilizing Emolga and he knew it had Aerial Ace incase his plan failed, which it did. Poor Snivy; Maybe if Ash trained you like he trains the otter, maybe you could of got in a hit or two. Cilan and Iris’ reactions to Ash’s gender failure were funny, though.

At this point, Pikachu’s desire to battle is making him lose control of his electricity for some odd reason. Is that ever explained? Pikachu has been worried before without zapping his surroundings. Pikachu’s dreams come true in the end as Ash use Pikachu to quickly knock out Emolga. Elsa didn’t even try to attack or announce any command when Emolga was OHKO’d. If Elsa told Emolga to use Attract or to dodge, then at least I could be more accepting of Pikachu’s first win because Pikachu out sped the speeder. Elsa just comes off as stupid for just letting Emolga take that hit.

Finally, we have Pikachu vs Tynamo. Why does a gym leader have a Pokémon with only one attack? Sure, Tynamo is fast and strong enough to ploy Pokémon into the ground, but I’d expect more from a gym leader’s Pokémon. After seeing how the Evolved Zebra boosted its speed with flame charge, I was hoping Tynamo would use Charge Beam to boost its special attack to a point where it could obliterate an Electro Ball. All we got was Tackle. Ash and Pikachu’s plan against its speedy Tackles was to blow up the battlefield so the easiest path between the two electric types was straight enough that Pikachu would know where to aim Iron Tail. Sad that the battle was so short and that it was another OHKO, since I admit it was a good idea.

In short, I set my hopes up for a great battle, but Palpitoad vs. Evolved Zebra was the only good one. Now that Pikachu has stolen more spotlight, perhaps it can let other Pokémon star in battles unless it’s going to be an OOC whiner.

DragonTrainerBigRed

<No wall can stop me
Poor Snivy. Ash's decision to send out Snivy to battle against Emolga was absolutely dumb considering the major type disadvantage as well as the fact that he had already seen Emolga use a flying-type attack by that time. It was funny seeing Emolga and Snivy trying to use Attract on each other, but after that, it was obvious that Snivy would lose easily.

I liked how Pikachu was upset over watching Snivy get beaten up by Emolga.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
the thing is Ash was OVERthinking too much, it caused him alot of pressure(as well as Pikachu explaining why it kept going postal and eventually shocked Ash to make him quit acting like a goofball.) and almost cost him the match until Pikachu got him to realise what his problem was.

Last edited:

DragonTrainerBigRed

<No wall can stop me
the thing is Ash was OVERthinking too much, it caused him alot of pressure(as well as Pikachu explaining why it kept going postal and eventually shocked Ash to make him quit acting like a goofball.) and almost cost him the match until Pikachu got him to realise what his problem was.

That kinda reminded me of Maylene's Lucario when it was angry at Maylene.

dman_dustin

Irony ;108;;108;;108;

Yes because it's illegal to not proofread your post before you post it.

Look I make mistakes, I admit that, most of the time it's because my brain works too fast for my hands to type, so I leave out words because I'm trying to catch up with my train of thought. Or I use the improper word for the situation. Trust me, I saw the mistake I did, and had I saw it glaring at my face, I would've fixed it.

Sadly after thirty minutes, it becomes pointless to fix mistakes you've made.

@~Sapphire Sceptile~

Dman is perfectly entitled to have an opinion on this episode. You don't have any place to complain about his harsh opinions. I admit, he can get slightly irritating at times when he can complain about everything, but pretty much everyone disliked this episode.

Before defending someone, make sure you're defending the right person. I'm sure Pokeballs meant me as well in that post (probably), but he quoted Locormus not me.

But thank you anyway.

And did anyone bother to read my first post, I did say there were some good things in this episode. Like the majority of Palpitoad vs Zebstrika, and although completely out of character I did like how Ash just up and left the gym in the middle of the battle just to get a Pokemon.

And I suppose if I saw it in higher quality, I guess the scene where Ash realized Elesa's Emolga was female, and that Palpitoad was male, would've been okay too, though I disagree with Palpitoad's gender but whatever. <Although to be fair, I didn't mention that Ash realising Emolga and Palpitoad's gender scene in my first post>

Edit: The one thing I am curious is to what Elesa said to Ash that made him want to get Snivy. I thought it was gender confirmation, and they were pulling a "Ash doesn't know the difference between a male and a female" and forgot that attract doesn't work on the same gender or something like that but that would just be insulting to Ash's character. Since he knows for a fact that attract doesn't work on same gender Pokemon.

Last edited:

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
This has to be my least favorite gym battle so far in Unova.

There were some great moments, and funny moments like Ash leaving the gym in the middle of the battle. But everything else was just nauseatingly bad.

- Palpitoad is male. I mean why give it such a feminine voice? I mean it was very feminine in this battle, even more so than it has been in the past few episodes. So yeah, not really cool. But I expected prior to this episode that Palpitoad was male, way to cheapen it here. And I'll get to why this is even worse down the line.
Palpitoad has a feminine voice? Really I mean I know it's nasely but it still seemed pretty masculine to me. Then again I'm a big a NOFX fan and this is purely a matter of opinion.

- Snivy lost. If anyone should've lost it should've been the rat but I'll get to that it an moment.
Snivy lost because it was at an extreme type disadvantage. Not only was Emolga faster but Ash's plan to use attract failed because he didn't put enough thought into his plan. Seems like a good reason to me.

- Ash was completely and utterly out of character. Whomever wrote this, kindly stay the hell away from gyms from now on. Seriously, I don't care what kind of message you're trying to shove down our throats but honestly you did not need to make Ash do horribly that you had to resort to Cheapchu as your last resort.
That was kind of the point. This episode was almost like a message to the fandom. I mean how long have people complaining about Ash not paying enough attention to type match-ups? This episode proves that Ash's strength lies in his ability to think on his feet not his ability to plan ahead.

- Pikachu.

A)Okay so let me get this straight. Elesa's Emolga isn't male and is female, and yet she didn't use ONE attract on Pikachu at all. What the hell. This is what really irritates me. It's like the writer went "Oh we did the attract thing just to confirm Palpitoad and Emolga's gender" but no sense it using it in a way that might actually cost Ash the entire battle by not using it on Pikachu. It doesn't help any that Elesa just let Pikachu use that OHKO quick attack on Emolga.
So not spamming the same attack is bad writing? There's a number of explanations here. As Trip and Stephen both demonstrated using Attract leaves you wide open for a counter attack. Elesa knew that if she wanted to win she couldn't take chances so rather than rely on cheap trick she decided to go for the kill. Luckily Ash also went for the kill.

B). Pikachu being chosen in this. I mean it's bad enough that Ash is completely and utterly out of character. They really had to bring in Pikachu in all this and make it be the one that smacks Ash upside the head. Roggenrola would've been so much better. Sure it takes 1x damage from electric attacks, but honestly all Tynamo ever did (as far as I saw) was tackle. Ooh Roggenrola is going to be knocked out from a tackle.
Pikachu loves to prove it's strength, and it loves to please Ash too. That should be apparent after all these years. When you combine the two, of course Pikachu is more than willing to battle. It saw it's a trainer in a bind and wanted to help, simple as that. The only reason Ash chose to use Palpitoad over Roggenrolla is because Palpitoad had more battle experience recently.

The only decent match which has it's downsides as well is Palpitoad's battle with Zebstrika. And the only reason why I can't praise it for being the best battle, is because of that stupid close call it had, where it looked like it was knocked out.
So you think that Ash not being able to sweep Elesa's strongest Pokemon is bad writing? -___-

In all of Elesa's years of experience do you really think this is first time someone has tried using a member of the Tympole line against her? It would have been bad writing if Elesa didn't have a strategy against this.

I don't know how this episode that revolved primarily around the gym battle, could have so many things wrong with it. And I can't blame the gym being sucky merely just because of Pikachu. Because there were so many other things wrong with this gym that Pikachu is merely icing on the rotten nasty cake.
Opinion =/= fact. Many of us here enjoyed this battle. Besides everything with you is a flaw somehow. Nothing is ever good enough for you.

Now I didn't watch this is perfect quality, so maybe my irritation primarily stems from the fact I was getting annoyed with the quality not being perfect. So I'm going to reserve final judgement until I can actually see it in better quality. But from what I saw and what I expected, least favorite gym of Unova so far.
Wait? This is you holding back? Holy ****! I'd hate to see you at your worst then. :O

Just because it's justifiable doesn't mean it isn't bad writing. Since when has bad writing been solely associated to apparently been written by someone who only has a small grasp of the language their writing.
Wait what? Not to be a dick but I really don't understand the argument you're trying to make. Are you saying the writers are bad because they only know Japanese or what?

The simple fact is, Ash was COMPLETELY out of character, that's why it's bad writing. It's like suddenly Ash gets pissed off at Oshawott for showing up every time and then kicking him (literally) for not waiting to be called.
Again that was the whole point of the episode. I'm glad to hear that didn't go over your head.

Ash shouldn't have been strategizing at all in the freaking first place. I don't know if this was really screw with Ash's character but I'm not buying it. I don't care how he badly he saw Bianca losing, or how bad he lost to Bianca's dad, he still should not have been so indecisive in a way that nearly cost him the match.
In the past you've complained when Ash hasn't been strategizing. And now that he is you have a problem too? I really don't understand you. The message here is to basically play to your strengths and to stop trying to be something you're not. In case you didn't pick up on that.

And we certainly did not need Pikachu to send that message to him, when he should've just done with what he's used to.
And after all these years he's used to using Pikachu. It's his oldest Pokemon and the one with the most training. It even has a type advantage over Emolga so there really was no reason for him not to use Pikachu.

Now had there been any sort of build up to this, sure I would be fine with it. Like Yugioh GX for a moment for a reference. Jaden lost badly to Zane, although he was seemingly close to winning. The next time Jaden battled Zane, he wasn't battling like he usually does and it nearly cost him, since he was "over thinking it" and wasn't playing the game to his best. When he realized this, sure the match ended in a tie, but he was back to himself, and realized he could do it his way just fine, and was the better duelist because of it.

But how does that apply to Ash? He didn't badly lose to Elesa. As far as I can tell there was no reason for him to doubt his own battling method, so much that he had to over think the situation and have it nearly cost him the badge.

But there were plenty of catalysts for Ash's gear shift. Being berated by Trip, Being intimidated after watching Bianca's gym battle, losing to Bianca's Dad, Cilan and Iris putting pressure on him the night before. After all that you'd have to be an idiot not to step back and ask yourself what you're doing wrong in those situations. Unfortunately Ash over thought it. But he managed to pull a win in the end.

So it comes down to, who honestly believes that some of us didn't like this episode just because we "didn't understand it?" Honestly that sounds like a petty counterargument for my opinion. Who says "I didn't understand the meaning" and even if I didn't understand it, what makes it less bad writing, when this episode should not have been written this way in the first place.
Seems like a pretty strong argument to me. You can't appreciate writing if you can't understand it. That's like Helen Keller telling you you're favorite band sucks. What does she know, she can't understand it?

Ash should've went in there with what he wanted to use and won the usual way he does things. He chose Palpitoad because it's a ground type, Ash has instinctively chosen Pokemon that were super effective against the Pokemon in question prior to this so it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could've just had Palpitoad and used it merely because he knew it was a ground type.
And in the end he did that with Pikachu. It works out. So what were you expecting exactly? You just wanted Ash to sweep every single one of Elesa's Pokemon? Not only would that be boring it would be a repeat of his first battle with Wattson. Now THAT would be bad writing.

So it doesn't matter if Ash's indecisiveness is justifiable, it doesn't suddenly change my opinion of the gym, just because the writers apparently wanted to try something new and make Ash look completely out of character. And mostly to make this gym battle last an entire episode, because apparently, they could not fill the entire episode with Ash being normal Ash so they had to throw in some B.S. out of character stuff just to fill out the time.
Yeah but you're too stubborn to listen to reason. Ash OOC behavior was the whole point of the episode. I'm pretty sure this wasn't an attempt to fill out an entire episode. I mean really we've had plenty of those. Hell Ash's last gym battle was like that. I'm all for some variety.

I'm still not sure how this lasted twenty two minutes, when it really did come off as incredibly rushed and the battles didn't seem that long at all. I mean I usually underestimate how much content can be shoved in the span of a single episode, but for this episode it seems I overestimated how much content can be in an episode, because this episode felt really empty. Edit: Though the quality of the way I saw the episode might have something to do with why it felt so empty.
This episode wasn't rushed, you're just impossible to please.

Oh so because originally some people didn't know Japanese suddenly they should initially be okay with Ash's match with Liza and Tate, or they should accept the battle Pikachu's against Regice.
Some people enjoyed those episodes. Just because you hated it dosen't mean everyone else did.

Even people who speak Japanese said those matches suck, so what in the hell does knowing the language have anything to do with how one perceives an episode based on what you can. A person with an angry face visually beating the crap out of someone, pretty much says that person is pissed and hates the person he is beating. You really do not do understand the Russian words coming out of his mouth saying "I hate you, I hate you" when it's pretty damn obvious that there is no love between the two.
Now that's a bit of a fallacy. At the time of writing this the only Japanese poster I've seen here is Elekible-Kid and their seemed pretty adamant about enjoying the episode. So...yeah.

Understanding what a character is doing in an episode is only half of the experience. In order to really enjoy the episode you need to understand the character's motivations that's the other half of the experience. That's the basic rule of writing.

You're argument only works when people are bored of dialogue heavy episodes. There was enough visual clues to know exactly what was happening. It's pretty damn clear cut obvious what's happening. You know maybe I could've initially missed the "Pikachu made Ash realize he shouldn't be overthinking things" possibly, but it was pretty clear cut that Ash was strategizing, and it wasn't exactly working for him. But it's pretty obvious that Pikachu snapped Ash out of his indecisiveness.
See the above point.

But you still seem to think that your explanation is somehow going to make the episode better for me, why would it? It's still completely out of character for Ash to sit down, think of way to beat a gym leader, and then be so indecisive or messed up during the battle.
But being OOC was IC. It's natural for someone like to Ash to question his usual methods given the aforementioned pre-cursors.

I'm sorry but I don't recall Ash ever pausing in the middle of a battle to get a Pokemon he thinks that can actually defeat the opponent like what just happened. Ash has ALWAYS stuck with the Pokemon he had chosen prior to the match.
Again that was the point.

So it is mind boggling that you think that not liking what happened had anything to with understanding the language being spoke. It's pretty damn clear what happened.
It's mind boggling the way you do your mental gymnastics to convince yourself that your opinion = fact.

What is there something specific you want to point out to me, that I'm apparently wrong about?
Quite a few things actually.

I didn't like it because, I'm sure people will claim that Palpitoad's win against Zebstrika was purely just to give it a win, and it's sudden endurance being DEM or something to that effect.
Well even in game Palpitoad are pretty bulky (that dosen't apply to grass attacks). Plus it took two attacks that it was double resistant to and two weak attacks that did neutral damage. Nothing unusual about that.

We already know Pikachu's gender, so that's not a good argument.
...And that's relevant why?

If you hate everything about this show, then why do you bother watching? In all my years, honestly I can't ever remember seeing you post about something you like. It makes no sense honestly. And it only serves to annoy the people here. Honestly you're starting to make me miss Teshub.

Last edited:

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Good episode, that makes 4 badges in 1 year with barely any bull aside from the don battle and the Plasma eps.

Finally Pikachu is performing up to standards. I was getting sick of seeing it lose battle after battle against Pokemon it should easily be able to walk all over. 2 wins and a OHKO is the kind of Pikachu I want to see more often, not the one that gets beat by some rookie's newly acquired Snivy.

As for Snivy, she'll get her share of wins, because unlike Tepig and Oshawott, she seems okay with losing. She doesn't get all depressed or acts like a child who didn't get what she wants. She just knows she'll just have to do better next time and will work to do that along with Ash.

And as for Ash, I'm just happy he got the win. The sooner we get to the League the better, as for training, I hope he just pays attention to what moves his Pokemon. Flamethrower with Tepig is a start. How about working with the others? Hopefully more evolutions that aren't starters.

This is exactly how I feel about it, glad someone else agrees.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
If i'd have been in Pikachu's shoes, i'd have been the same.. He wasn't *****ing about not being used, since he'd actually stood smiling and cheering whilst Palpitoad was being a badass. He was annoyed that Ash was being a total moron throughout the entire battle.

Again, if I was Pikachu and saw Ash bombing in an important battle because he wasn't in the right state of mind, but knew that I had the power and moves to swing things in his favour, i'd have also got pretty angry and been like 'Woah wtf man! What are you doing out there? Send me in, I can do it!'

I loved that Pikachu was used and I loved the reason.. but now I hope that's it for him when it comes to starring in gyms. Snivy, Tranquill, Roggenrola and Scraggy at least need some gym wins, if not stardom in said gym.

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
Almighty Zard said:

That sounds more reasonable. Thank you for explaining as that changes my veiw on a few things.

That was kind of the point. This episode was almost like a message to the fandom. I mean how long have people complaining about Ash not paying enough attention to type match-ups? This episode proves that Ash's strength lies in his ability to think on his feet not his ability to plan ahead.

That's the moral? Ash can't think ahead at all? What about the counter sheild? He knew he had a problem (hypnosis), he figured out a strategy, he practiced it, and it was awesome. Yes, it is important to be flexible in battle, but to say that a person should only focus on their strengths and not to try to improve there faults is wrong. The fact that he used a type advantage in BW for the first time and won should say something about planning ahead.

In the past you've complained when Ash hasn't been strategizing. And now that he is you have a problem too? I really don't understand you. The message here is to basically play to your strengths and to stop trying to be something your not. In case you didn't pick up on that.
Is it wrong that Ash tried something new? Should a person just stick to what they know? Even if Ash lost he could have realized what he did wrong and corrected it.

But there were plenty of catalysts for Ash's gear shift. Being berated by Trip, Being intimidated after watching Bianca's gym battle, losing to Bianca's Dad, Cilan and Iris putting pressure on him the night before. After all that you'd have to be an idiot not to step back and ask yourself what you're doing wrong in those situations. Unfortunately Ash over thought it. But he managed to pull a win in the end.

Honest question since I can't understand japanese: was any of this actually mentioned when explaining why Ash was overthinking things? If not, then I agree that he was OOC for the sake of the plot.

...And that's relevant why?

Another user thought that the reason Emolga didn't use attract on Pikachu was that the writers didn't want to reveal Pikachu's gender, but others told the person that Pikachu's gender was already revealed.

If you hate everything about this show, then why do you bother watching? In all my years, honestly I can't ever remember seeing you post about something you like. It makes no sense honestly. And it only serves to annoy the people here. Honestly you're starting to make me miss Teshub.

I'm not easy to please either, and I sometimes feel that I watch BW out of habit only. When the target audience stays the same as you grow up, it can become harder to enjoy the show for some people. Just let the dman have his oppinion; he isn't forcing us to kill the writters because of this episode or anything. And he said he liked Palpitoad's battle for the most part.

thunderblade12

The real battle was Palpitoad vs Zebstrika here IMO. Tynamo only having one attack is ridiculous. It could have had Thunder Wave, Charge Beam, and Spark as well. Thunder Wave would have been nice to see...