• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle-Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym! (711)

jmk3190

If you remember during the last gym with Burgh Ash did say he was going to use Oshawott. And for those of you who said Ash was using the same Pokemon he was using in the Don Battle tournament he wouldn't have told Pikachu to sit this one out and he was have to get Snivy from Professor Juniper's lab.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
If you remember during the last gym with Burgh Ash did say he was going to use Oshawott. And for those of you who said Ash was using the same Pokemon he was using in the Don Battle tournament he wouldn't have told Pikachu to sit this one out and he was have to get Snivy from Professor Juniper's lab.

He never said he would use Oshawott in the next Gym battle. He only said "next time"

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Love the lesson that this ep give out. "Hey kids, don't think things through or strategize, just be a typical idiot hero!"

Atleast Ash tried to strategize for this gym. Unlike before when he never wrote down a single note. And if you didn't like this match, then get ready for more disappointment because people don't seem to understand that this is a clone version for Kanto and yes, the battles will not please people. But atleast he's battling all the way through and not given a badge without finishing it.

And once again, we see another pokemon use attract.

It's not like it spammed it or anything. I really liked Elesa's Emolga because it showcased its Flying Type side. Something that Iris' doesn't do. I also liked seeing Acrobatics. Is it so hard for me to like a character's Pokemon?

Charizard-Fan

Star Wars fan
Only good part in this match was Palpitoad vs Zebstrika. I don't understand why Pikachu had to star again. He already starred against Burgh, which is already more than he got in Sinnoh.
I hope that Driftveil Gym Battle will be much better.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Only good part in this match was Palpitoad vs Zebstrika. I don't understand why Pikachu had to star again. He already starred against Burgh, which is already more than he got in Sinnoh.
I hope that Driftveil Gym Battle will be much better.

It probably was to redeem itself against the claw mole.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Something that i was wondering... what pokemon did Ash have on hand before he got Snivy?

I'm guessing

Pikachu, Palpitoad [duh], Tranquill, Oshawott, Tepig and Scraggy.

Because he freaked out when Palpitoad got knocked out and Tranquill and Oshawott are at a disadavntage and Tepig and Scraggy did not resist electricity. Besides he always has at least two starters on hand.

It probably was to redeem itself against the claw mole.

I don't see why Pikachu needs to be redeemed just because it lost to a pokemon who's stronger than him. (and at a disadvantage)

Writers, guys. Blame it on the writers, not Ash. Don't know why they screw around with him so much, I like Ash. Meh.
The writers made the character, so they can do anything they want to him. They could replace him with a talking cactus if they ever felt the need.

RWB

Dragon busted by Her
... I think I'm gonna count how many shots Snivy took on-screen. I mean, Elesa even made a note of it's durability.

3 Acrobatics, 4 Aerial Ace. Pretty impressive, I would say.

Last edited:

firestar319

The Marauder
Its time for me to put my two cents into this episode.

First off, I don't understand why most people are hating on the fact that Pikachu was even used. Let's flashback to every Electric Gym he's been to. In that case, when fighting Surge, Wattson, and Volkner, Pikachu has been used, and in 2 of those instances, has starred in those Gyms. So why are we expecting anything less at this point?

Secondly, the fact that Pikachu scored two KOs. It's obvious that the point of this episode was to show that Ash isn't a strategist. Ash is at his best when he improvises rather than planning ahead, and clear evidence was shown of that, such as admitting he overuses Pikachu, Oshawoot, and Tepig, as well as when he ran to the pokemon center to exchange for Snivy. Pikachu was simply used because Pikachu is the best representation of Ash's 'outside the box' battle style, hence the reason Pikachu wound up winning Ash the badge.

I'm just tired of all the complainin about Pikachu being the glory hog for this gym, especially when Ash has a certain Pokemon who glory hogged near half of the gyms in Sinnoh (how quickly we all forget about Infernape) =3

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Its time for me to put my two cents into this episode.

First off, I don't understand why most people are hating on the fact that Pikachu was even used. Let's flashback to every Electric Gym he's been to. In that case, when fighting Surge, Wattson, and Volkner, Pikachu has been used, and in 2 of those instances, has starred in those Gyms. So why are we expecting anything less at this point?

This one is quite easy to answer...The Freaking Spoilers told us Pikachu wasn't gonna be used. Besides, we all remember Pikachu starring/participating in Burgh's gym...had he not been used there, I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any complaints about Pikachu here

Secondly, the fact that Pikachu scored two KOs. It's obvious that the point of this episode was to show that Ash isn't a strategist. Ash is at his best when he improvises rather than planning ahead, and clear evidence was shown of that, such as admitting he overuses Pikachu, Oshawoot, and Tepig, as well as when he ran to the pokemon center to exchange for Snivy. Pikachu was simply used because Pikachu is the best representation of Ash's 'outside the box' battle style, hence the reason Pikachu wound up winning Ash the badge.

Well, as disappointed as I was about Snivy flunking her Gym debut, Pikachu winning two matches wasn't impossible, though one shoting Emolga with Quick Attack was a stupid idea from the writers, but Iron Tail can realistically take out Tynamo in one hit(I know, because I did it in game, my Pikachu was the same level as the Tynamo) Though Pikachu being the best representation isn't true, any Pokemon Ash uses can be the best representation...it's the fact that Pikachu always gets his way that it was used and because he's Ash starter is why it ended up winning the badge(as a side note, Pikachu didn't star once in the DP series, possibly why he's getting used a lot here)

I'm just tired of all the complainin about Pikachu being the glory hog for this gym, especially when Ash has a certain Pokemon who glory hogged near half of the gyms in Sinnoh (how quickly we all forget about Infernape) =3
No one forgets Infernape, but the fact that Pikachu complaints exists is because he will always be here, always be used...the Pokemon Ash catches in a region...they're a different story. Tranquil clearly was the better choice for Burgh's gym then Pikachu, but the mouse had to show off it's new Electro Ball attack...just like Pikachu needed to apparently be used in every Electric gym...

I wish Iris would have let Emolga out during the battle so it could have watched Elesa's Emolga battle and picked up on how to use Acrobatics.

Haunter ゴースト

I loved this episode the gym battle was brilliant and the bg music brought so much tension.

I never realised how much people hated it but this is definetly my favourite gym battle of Best Wishes.

10/10!

Other than Snivy losing and the 1HKO's against Emolga and Tynamo, I liked this episode a lot. 7/10

Zebstrika looked hillarious when it was Hydro Pumped into that wall. It looked like it really had to use the bathroom. :)

But then Elesa had to say "Zebstrika, you're beautiful even when you're covered in mud" I threw up inside my mouth.

It also proves that Bianca is really one of the weakest trainers in existance. The pokemon that swept her entire team got destroyed so quickly. xD That was pretty funny. :)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Way to go Pikachu! This is why there shouldn't be so many electro gyms. If this was another type of gym, someone else probably would have won but what can we do.

There's really nothing wrong with Pikachu winning this one battle. It really wasn't that great anyway. And what does the type of gym have to do with Pikachu winning?

MegaFanAMG

Darmanitan Lover!
Ash is scared of Tynamo! LOL! xd!

Janovy

Banned