• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Dimensions Opening - "We Will Be Heroes"

raz1337

Miju Miju!
I'm going to try to state my opinion of this without coming off as a flame or flame-worthy.

I don't like this song as a Pokemon theme. The song is pretty decent, and it'll probably grow on me over time. I'm fighting the urge to actually like it as a song. I'll admit that.

I can probably count the amount of Japanese anime episodes I've watched on my fingers. For the first 3 seconds of this song, I instantly thought Japanese television. I didn't think ten seasons of action filled American Pokemon that has a deeper intention. I'm plenty aware that this show is an adaptation of the Japanese original, though.

I have all 10 of the American openings on my iPod, and I listen to them quite often, even when I'm jogging. Why? Listen to them all. They're fast-paced songs about striving to be the best, taking on new challenges, learning new things, and ignoring distractions. For that intent in a theme, aside from Battle Dimension, my least favorite is season 1. It goes the furthest from fitting that criteria. Next would be season 2, then Johto Journeys is where it starts getting interesting.

I wasn't here for the discussion on the earlier themes, and I'm well aware that a lot of people are probably reading this and thinking, "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about." This is what I've taken from the series. I mean, why else would we have themes that start out "No time to question my moves", "Ohhh I'm unbeatable", "It's all about the challenges", or have lyrics "my whole life has led to this" or "it's the friends you make, it's the road you choose"?

The deeper meaning of this show, from what I understood is about fulfilling your dreams. I read an English paper someone wrote on Dragonball Z, and they stated that the main theme behind the show was pride. They were right. You can watch the show for the fights, for the story, or to dissect a plot device, but if you look deeper, it's there. It's the same here.

Honestly, I watch the openings, and they make me love the show. It makes me want to watch it. Take for example, Johto League Champions and Battle Frontier. Those openings make me want to watch the respective seasons. It makes the episodes look exciting to me. Yet, I watch the episodes, and probably 20% of the time, I'm impressed by a story and/or battle. I'm watching Hoenn from the beginning on Netflix, and really, some of the episodes are a letdown after listening to the theme. That's impressive in itself for a show to not live up to it's theme.

The song just doesn't mesh well with me. It's a great song, like I said. I like the singing. It sounded familiar. I think it sounded like Amy Grant. I know it wasn't her. The song is less than energizing, unlike the other themes.

Last edited:

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
I don't think anyone would disagree with you on the message; we all know Pokemon's recurring themes(Generic shonen stuff; never give up, fight for your friends, believe in yourself, use rainclouds to create golden armor, etc.)

Cobalt_Latios

You need to put in a word to make me an Anime Mod.

I've already got a full list of people I'm banning on the spot. :mad:
I can only imagine the size...

No. They aren't willing to spend more money on an OP animation.
Course, they did do that with the BF opening, and look how that turned out.

I have all 10 of the American openings on my iPod, and I listen to them quite often, even when I'm jogging. Why? Listen to them all. They're fast-paced songs about striving to be the best, taking on new challenges, learning new things, and ignoring distractions. For that intent in a theme, aside from Battle Dimension, my least favorite is season 1. It goes the furthest from fitting that criteria. Next would be season 2, then Johto Journeys is where it starts getting interesting.
My least favorite is season 2. Season one, actually isn't that bad. It's rather nostalgic too. The only difference with me being, I listen to them in French. Yeah, and I intend to wait the time it'll take so that I can acquire this one in French. Granted, I could potentially translate it to what I'd think would work well.

Honestly, I watch the openings, and they make me love the show. It makes me want to watch it. Take for example, Johto League Champions and Battle Frontier. Those openings make me want to watch the respective seasons. It makes the episodes look exciting to me. Yet, I watch the episodes, and probably 20% of the time, I'm impressed by a story and/or battle. I'm watching Hoenn from the beginning on Netflix, and really, some of the episodes are a letdown after listening to the theme. That's impressive in itself for a show to not live up to it's theme.
The funny thing is, when I watch the show on tv, I actually take the time to watch it as if it were an anime and not "Pokémon". (for some odd reason, I don't necessarily consider Pokémon an anime, despite the fact that it is. I'll tend to just consider it a "show". Don't ask me why I do this, it's one of the things that makes me a complicated person.) For some reason, it feels... cooler to do it in that sense.

This intro is a very different intro, in that it feels litely out of place, yet in a good way. It's a change of pace. Personally, I can somehow see a lot of "kids" being a bit confused with the use of the intro credits, therefore season 12 might not necessarily have it. Though, the "non-rap" style will probably regain it's popularity and reclaim itself as the proper intro main.

Oddly enough, my only gripe is the fact that it uses lyrics from the 10th movie. IMO, last time I checked movies used the theme from the show corresponding to their appropriate season, not the other way around.

~C_L~

BCVM22

Oddly enough, my only gripe is the fact that it uses lyrics from the 10th movie. IMO, last time I checked movies used the theme from the show corresponding to their appropriate season, not the other way around.

No, the movie theme used lyrics from the TV theme, not the other way around. It's all about production seasons and airdates and nothing more; if this episode had premiered a month ago, only two weeks after the movie aired, you wouldn't have this gripe.

Rave

Banned

Thriller

Its almost time
These days, I hardly wake up in time to watch the dub but I managed today just to see the new opening (and I nealry failed at that :p).

All I can remember is no new footage was in it, there were a few credits in it and *gasp* it was recorded by a woman! Now I can't remember any lyrics, after all, I was only awake for 5 minutes at the most, but already my opinion is its better than what we've already listened too.

Women almost always do the intro's in the Japanese version so it was great hearing this.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
It would be nice if they just used Together instead, but too bad Japanese is the language of the devil. :<

Thriller

Its almost time
It would be nice if they just used Together instead, but too bad Japanese is the language of the devil. :<

The problem really isn't PUSA. The problem is those lunatic Network Presidents and Programers who think title sequences and credits are the devil. Ever watch Futurama on Comedy Central? Their credits are played at light speed and are only given 1/8 of the screen but I digress.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
The problem really isn't PUSA. The problem is those lunatic Network Presidents and Programers who think title sequences and credits are the devil. Ever watch Futurama on Comedy Central? Their credits are played at light speed and are only given 1/8 of the screen but I digress.
But credits are helpful! If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be able to ignore the list of all the hard-working people that helped get the show ready to air!

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I'm 80% sure that this is the same Kirsten Price that sung "freedom" (one of her own songs on war and stuff).

It's hard to tell because these lyrics and tune in the Pokemon theme are different from what she normally sings......
So it's probably why I'm having a little trouble being 100% sure but it does sound like her to me.

I think the credits in the theme tune make it look better for some reason.=/
Looks like I have very different taste to some people here.

I wish it was longer.=(

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
But credits are helpful! If it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be able to ignore the list of all the hard-working people that helped get the show ready to air!

Preach on, preach on.

As an aspiring producer, its not a suprise that I dislike "credit crunching," whether they're necessary or not.

Cobalt_Latios

Can't remember if they did that or not.
No, they didn't. My comment was just worded incorrectly. I meant it to go in a literal sense to the quote. I probably should have said didn't, but in my mind, it didn't make sense there. Yeah, I sometimes hate the English language for it.

These days, I hardly wake up in time to watch the dub but I managed today just to see the new opening (and I nealry failed at that :p).
I used to, but eversince the discovery of .torrents and the acquisition of the PVR, well that's taken another turn.

All I can remember is no new footage was in it, there were a few credits in it and *gasp* it was recorded by a woman! Now I can't remember any lyrics, after all, I was only awake for 5 minutes at the most, but already my opinion is its better than what we've already listened too.
I have posted the lyrics in this topic. It should be on one of the pages. At or somewhere after page 4.

edit:
Though, sometimes it's just there for the sake of being there. Like what some "superstations" do.

Preach on, preach on.

As an aspiring producer, its not a suprise that I dislike "credit crunching," whether they're necessary or not.
I really hate it when they do that. That's the only problem with dling episodes when their source is from CN. Because of it's "policies", they feel they have to speed up the end credits, otherwise they won't have time to air "other things".

~C_L~

Last edited:

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Lawl, the episode is on right now, but I'm not watching it so I could start the topic first. =P

CUDDLE BUDDY, it WAS the same thing from The Rise of Darkrai. Except, it had some chick singing it with HORRIBLY decided clips and a horrible remixed tune. And "Battle Dimension" was horribly tacked on at the end; seriously, the lead singer said "Battle Dimension" really fast in order to fit "Pokemon" at the end.

These keep getting worse and worse and I'm losing hope for anything worthwhile next season. DP Rap >>> this HAPPY FUNTIME OOEY GOOEY ISHY MISHY GOO.
I can't believe you are that mad at the opening, there are children here...

I dunno why are you guys complaining so much. This opening is trillion times better than that car accident sound we had last season which they call a song.

Actually its good not comparing to that rap. I like it, no I love it. I like the fact they used a female singer who was not that bad as you are saying. I like the fact how they how they fit Battle Dimension at the end saying it very first, it sounds cool. I like the fact they used the word 'Together' in the lyrics. I like everything of it. But I think they always could have given us something better but still the one which we have now is really good.

This opening kinda reminds me of Advanced Challenge opening. They seem kinda similar to me.

I think all the 10 openings including this one is well-done, counting that steel smashing sound out.

Guys, try to be satisfied, atleast sometimes.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
^Comparing it to the BF theme, and the DP rap, this theme was a lot better than the other two. Only the mashed 'Battle Dimension Pokemon!' at the end I didn't like as much, but meh.

IMO those 2 were much better than this opening in fact, i prefer any opening we've had over this

...i mean "Battle dimention, pokemon" horrible

Venusaur Master

ProtoPrimeX
did anyone else notice that the intro featured alot of scenes from the actual episode. Could this mean that each episode will have its own unique intro with secens from that episode?

Frontier Brain B

I'm that good.
Guys, try to be satisfied, atleast sometimes.

I was satisfied with everything until Battle Frontier, then DP satisified me again.

I like 9 out of the 11 English openings. That's a pretty good ratio.

Also, I could say the same thing to everyone about DP Rap. "COME ON GUYS TRY 2 /B/ SATIFIY'D"

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
did anyone else notice that the intro featured alot of scenes from the actual episode. Could this mean that each episode will have its own unique intro with secens from that episode?
Yeah, I did.

......Are you serious?
Also, I could say the same thing to everyone about DP Rap. "COME ON GUY S TRY 2 /B/ SATIFIY'D"
Yes you can, if you find that (c)rap worthy to be satisfied with. But I don't think in general sense it is worhy of even listening.