• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle For The Frontier - a fanfic by Spallding!

D

.Dan.S.2006.

BATTLE FOR THE FRONTIER

Anyways this is yet another attempt at an all powerful fic so I thought I'd post it on more than one forum :D As my fics usually turn out rubbish please don't be too hard on my grammer and spelling etc, I get enough of that rom my english teacher.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Prologue

The Battle Frontier, in the Hoenn Region, was the place to be. Whether day or night, summer or winter, weak or strong, there was no other place like it. Pokemon trainers would come from all over just to compete in one of the seven challenges and claim the infamous battle points. This place was a dream, amazing, and fantastic. That is ‘was.’

Pokemon legend finder Scott died in a tragic accident. During a Battle Pyramid challenge a wild Electabuzz went crazy and electrocuted the man until his heart gave in. His body was dragged from the pyramid and the event was permanently closed to the public. The frontier went on without Scott, for about a year.

The Frontier Brains were getting restless. Without Scott they didn’t have the authority they used to have. People wouldn’t take them as seriously and, as a result, they were losing more and more battles until almost everyone in the Battle Frontier had a gold symbol in every event, that is, except for the pyramid. Pyramid King Brandon was out of a job. Without his event he was nothing but an old trainer with nowhere to go and nothing to do. The Frontier eventually drifted off as less and less people visited and eventually, closed.

As the years went by the various brains soon died out. Palace Maven Spencer, being the oldest, died first, with lack of exercise to keep him fit. Next was Pike Queen Lucy. Her Seviper was not used to sunlight and after many venomous Poison Fang attacks on her owner, the Queen died. Arena Captain Greta did not die, but went into training on a faraway island, rumoured to be either Oore or Kiyota, neither likely. Salan Maiden Annabel died a tragic suicide after jumping off the Battle Tower just after the closure announcement and Dome Superstar Tucker received a one hit head injury that put him in a coma for 4 months before finally dying. Factory Head Noland survived, living in Slateport City and becoming the head of the Battle Tent there.

The legend of the Battle Frontier lives on to this day, 2035. Many people of Hoenn remember the fantastic theme park that was the Battle Frontier before Scott died. One person, a 40-year-old called Valerie, remembers the Frontier vividly, having once been a unique member there. She was a Picnicker trainer and was also very talented, winning more battles than she had lost. Her eldest son, Joe, has heard the legend many times and believed the place to be one of many mysteries.

Joe is 15 years old and had started his Pokemon journey 4 years previously. He had taken the gym challenge, losing spectacularly to Norman and retired back home for training, in Mossdeep City. He is much taller than his mother, 5’8”, with blue hair and blue eyes. He always seemed to wear shades, nobody but his family had ever seen him without them. They were like his trademark.

With the characters introduced and the history explained, let the story begin. Welcome to the Battle Frontier.

Chapter 1: Beginning

Joe had never really thought about schooling. He had always thought that the best way to learn is through experience. He had learned everything a trainer did, needed to have and needed to do off by heart before he had even reached the age of 7. This was mainly due to educational Pokemon programs, and partly to do with his mum. She would teach him everything that was required of a world class Pokemon trainer, having once been one herself.

Living in Mossdeep City was no easy task. It’s not like food is hard to come-by, it’s just not very easy to get any really decent stuff. And it wasn’t like the island was cut-off from the rest of the world, it just had poor communications. However the island was renowned to having brought up some of the greatest Pokemon trainers in the history of Hoenn. Steven, no one really knew his last name, once lived here, and then went off to another region to supposedly save the citizens from the wrath of Team Magma, trying to resurrect Groudon a second time. Also the gym leaders, Liza and Tate, had a huge reputation in Hoenn until they finally retired two years ago and were succeeded by a new psychic pair, Cameron and Jacki.

In all Joe enjoyed living on this small secluded island, it gave him space to think and plenty of space to train his Pokemon.

“Get ‘im Dodrio, use Quick Attack!” Came the shout of a man who sounded as if his voice had only broken a year before. The caller was in his early 20s, facing Joe from a distance of about 30 metres. They were on the large stretch of shallow water that lined the coast of Mossdeep City. The opposing trainer had introduced himself as Dylan, a triathlete at heart. The usual way for two trainers to get to know each other was through a battle, and Joe held the greatest battle reputation on the island.

The Dodrio rocketed in a straight line towards it’s opponent, Joe’s Charizard. The fire Pokemon roared loudly and rampaged in the Dodrio’s direction. Both Pokemon collided with each other and stumbled. Five seconds later Charizard was up in the air and the Dodrio stood in the water, staring fixedly in the sky at it’s prey, or so it thought.

“Your Pokemon can’t fly forever, when it gets the chance my Dodrio will knock him out the sky!” Dylan shouted over the wind as the Charizard narrowly avoided collision with him. The two Pokemon were both back on the ground now, staring at each other with the utmost concentration imprinted in their eyes. A vein pulsed in Charizard’s forehead. It was time.

“Charizard, give that bird a taste of your Blast Burn attack!” Commanded Joe. Immediately the Pokemon’s eyes turned red and his entire body glowed a magnificent orange. The Dodrio tried to escape the following blast but was unsuccessful. It was hit with a 5000-degree fireball and knocked to the ground, with only the smallest of cries. The Pokemon laid still and Charizard’s eyes returned to clear blue again. Dylan ran up to his friend and checked for any serious life-threatening injuries. There wouldn’t be anyway. Joe may be ruthlessly strong but he knew where to draw the line.

“You’d better take your Pokemon to the medical centre straight away.” Joe called from closer now. He had returned his Pokemon to its ball that was now silently clipped to his belt. Close up he looked a lot older than his a fifteen years, but time can be cruel to some people.

“I guess you’re right. This is the first battle I’ve lost in ages, you’re really strong.” Returned Dylan. He had been friendly towards him since the battle had first begun. “Hey why don’t we register each other? Then I can call you for a rematch whenever.”

“Sure, okay.” Said Joe. He unclipped his PokeNav from his bag and placed it in front of him. The triathlete did the same. Through infrared scanners the two mini PDAs registered each other. Looking down his list now Joe had one more contact, Triathlete Dylan.

“Thanks man. Well I’d better get going and heal my Dodrio. Then I’m moving on to Sootopolis City, I have to meet someone there.” Dylan exclaimed. He got back onto his bike and raced in the direction of the beach stairs up to the main city.

Joe stood where he had been when Dylan had left, for a few minutes, playing the battle over in his head. It had been a bad one. He had made a few mistakes that could have meant life or death in a major league battle. Letting Dodrio get an early attack in, not reflecting enough moves.

He would have to train some more. He clipped his Navigator onto his bag once more and set off in the direction of the sea.

The man looked out at the sea. He saw a whale Pokemon ferry someone in the cities direction. A trainer for the gym, no doubt. He turned back to the person opposite his desk.

“So you’re telling me that you want the Pokemon freed after 30 years of imprisonment?” the man behind the desk asked. He was an old man with greying hair and beard. He had worked in this sanctuary for years and knew every Pokemon by sight. The man he was talking to was around mid 30s and well built. He had stormed into his office about 5 minutes ago and had demanded he release the only Pokemon in his fields that had been here longer than he had. When he had first become manager here he had been told that this Pokemon was never to leave.

“This Pokemon has amazing potential!” the other man said. A red glint had appeared in his eyes, “Once released I can capture it. I will be a good trainer for it.”

But by looking at the man Hawker, the manager’s name, could tell that he was lying. He was one of those Pokemon extremist groups who were bent on getting powerful Pokemon and using them to dominate towns and cities, the most recent one being a storm of Oldale Town by Team Vice.

“Tell me,” Hawker said, “Which team do you work for?” He had hit a nerve; he could see a vein pulsating in the man’s arm. He wrenched the man from behind the desk and held an automatic pistol, 9mm, to Hawker’s head.

“No, you tell me where the Pokemon is, and you live.” spat the man. He had the gun pointed directly at Hawker’s brain. One wrong move, and he would die instantly.

A crash sounded in the distance. An electric surge passed over the window of the small office. The two men turned their heads in its direction. There was a cloud of smoke coming from about 200 metres away and part of the electric fence had been broken down. A small group of Breloom were crouched around the space. A lightning yellow streak was speeding off in the direction of Route 128s Ocean, with an ear-splitting war cry like a thousand thunders.

Electabuzz had escaped.

The sea is my friend.

Joe treaded water and headed for the house on a small sand dune in the middle of the route. He had no intention of entering; he just needed to sit on the dunes for a while to think tactics. Tactics. It was all he ever thought of.

He reached the small embankment and sat on the warm sand. He sat and watched some trainers swim together, laughing and splashing at each other. To be a child again … ever since the abrupt end of his journey Joe had completely grown out of childhood, that was why he got on so well with older people. The feeling was weird, being around someone who should be running around and playing and instead sitting, thinking. He placed his hands down on the warm surface.

He received an electric shock. He yelped and pulled his hands back in the air and stared at it. No damage. It hadn’t been a life threatening shock, but significant enough to cause pain. Suddenly the shock was playing through his whole body. He leaped up and stood on the wooden porch of the house. The sun was shining brighter than usual. Was that the sun? Or is it …

Instinctively Joe grabbed a Pokeball off his belt and launched it into the air. The ball cracked open and a brilliant red light resumed the form of his Charizard. The ball returned to his belt automatically, a new added homing device invented by Devon Corporation. He looked again at the blazing light. It was getting closer at an alarming rate. The light ball was still 1000 metres away, getting closer …

“Charizard …” shouted Joe but he was in trouble. He didn’t know what to tell his partner to do. The light was 500 metres away, 400, 300 …

“Brick Break!” commanded the trainer. The Charizard thrust his arm into the direction of the light. The ball hit the deadly claws and fell backwards, into the water, about 15 metres away.

Joe crept slowly forwards towards the ball. It turned out to be an Electabuzz. One of the biggest ones he had ever seen. It was lying on its back face down in the water and he thought it best it didn’t drown. He heaved the Pokemon out onto the bank and examined it. It had deep cuts along his arms and legs, as if it had been trying to break through something. He pulled off some dark red seaweed and noticed a small black mark on it’s back. Something with 3 circles around the outside and a Pokeball in the center. He recognized it but did not ponder on it. He pulled out a Great Ball from his bag and tapped the Electabuzz’s fur with it. The Pokemon was sucked into the compartment of the tool and then there was silence, sound had suddenly returned to the afternoon.

He left the Mossdeep City Pokemon Center half an hour later. He had sprinted back to shore and confronted the nurse there. The Pokemon was fully healed within a few minutes and he left silently. He made a beeline towards his house, a path only obstructed by a few rocks. A Shuckle stuck its head out a rock, and retreated again.

Joe continued walking. He knew the first person he should talk to would be his mother. She knew all about this kind of thing. But she was working at the moment. She was a warden at the Safari Zone and had to travel to there every day and make the same journey home. The only other person he could turn to was Ethan, his dad. Ethan was a camper when Valerie was a picnicker trainer. They joined together in the Battle Frontier and fought side-by-side. The Battle Frontier. For he now knew where he had seen the mark before. It was the old battle frontier logo. He had to see someone who had been there.

Suddenly he realised he was facing his front door. He pulled out his key and the infrared beams hit the door and opened it with a unique code. He pushed the door and walked into his small house. From the door he walked straight for the kitchen and from there, the cellar. He walked down in pitch darkness for about 3 minutes before he reached light and the bottom. He walked in the direction of the light and saw the back of his dad, leaning against a table. He was hunched over something making clicking noises.

“Uh … Dad?” Joe questioned and as Ethan turned he could see what he had been leaning over. It was a Pokegear that had somehow been modified and looked more futuristic than usual.

“What is it? I thought you were out training?” he asked. He was always strict on the training. He wanted Joe to be successful. He placed the gear on the table as Joe unclipped the ball from his waist. He took a few steps backwards and released the Pokemon. Electabuzz took one look at Ethan and backed away into Joe. He was frightened of people! Except for his trainer, of course.

“Is that an Electabuzz?” he asked, “Where’d you get it? You can’t catch them in Hoenn let alone here. Why’s he so timid anyway?”

The Pokemon took a step closer to Ethan and stood still. He stood between the two people, father and son, watching. “Look at the symbol on this Pokemons back.” Said Joe. Ethan moved towards the Pokemon and turned him to look at its back. He looked for a few seconds and eventually his gaze locked onto something. His eyes widened and he moved backwards.

“This is … how could it … where did you get this?” stuttered Ethan. Joe told him all about how the light ball had come his way and how he had recognized it for what it was. “So you’re saying that this is THE Electabuzz?”

“Exactly what I was saying.” Joe replied. He returned the Pokemon to its ball and sat down in a chair. “Dad I want to go and find a certain trainer. His name is Dylan and he’s gone to Sootopolis City. I think I may need his help.”

“Help in what?” Ethan asked, although he need not have. He knew the answer just by looking into Joe’s eyes.

“I’m going to bring back the Battle Frontier.”

Chapter 2: The Iceberg Town

Dylan placed his hand on the handle and the door creaked open. He took one step inside and felt a wave of nostalgia fly over him. He had arrived. Not knowing where he was going in the pitch darkness, he took another few steps into the building. That was when he knew something was wrong. He took a diving leap to one side and hit the wall. Less than a second later a huge bang and pulsing shock wave rumbled through the walls.

The lights flashed on, blindingly. Dylan shielded his eyes from the glare. He pulled himself to his feet and focused his vision. There, in front of him, was a Tauros, nostrils flaring uncontrollably and behind the bison there was a man. He looked young but probably wasn’t, Dylan thought. He was well built with shockingly green eyes to match his jacket. It was the hide of a Sceptile, with a dark red symbol on the breast. It represented the silhouette of the legendary Pokemon Zapdos.

The Tauros started stamping its feet impatiently and Dylan was relieved when the man returned the Pokemon to its ball. The man stepped closer to Dylan and revealed a pistol from his back pocket. He unclipped the magazine and checked his ammunition; 5 out of 6. Not bad. The man pointed the gun directly at Dylan’s heart. It was then, when the man inched slowly to the left that he noticed a pair of feet sticking out from behind a wide, oak desk.

But why was this man in a Pokemon sanctuary? His Pokemon, Sharpedo, had been taken into care a few months back because it had been really badly injured in a rough battle and Dylan had thought it best to live there. He had come to retrieve it today, only to find this.

The man spoke “What are you doing here?” he asked. Dylan recognized an accent, a Johto one. He thought of a reply while the man slowly brought down his index finger on the trigger.

“I came here to pick up my Pokemon. Where is my Sharpedo? Where’s the manager?” He asked all this very quickly, trying not to give the man time to retaliate. He knew what he was doing; he had done it before. That was what 3 years in the HAC (Hoenn Air Cadets) got you.

“The manager is dead. Your Sharpedo is also. I took the liberty of personally eliminating every single witness, including Pokemon. Dylan was hit hard. His Pokemon was dead. It wasn’t coming back. A hot surge of rage flew through him like lava. He wanted to hurt the man, do whatever he could …

“And,” the man continued “seeing as you decided to make yourself a witness then, I’m afraid there is nothing left for me to do but eliminate you as well …

The ball of light smashed through the window and landed with a crack on the floor. The Tauros, once again released, leapt into action immediately and tried to Take Down the foe but it was too slow. The Electabuzz charged out the way and hit the thug with electrifying force. The man fell to the ground, his mouth set into a silent scream, paralysed. Tauros was up again. It plunged its horns into Electabuzz and it keeled over. A flame ball hit the bull Pokemon in the back and it was propelled forward through the wall, and into the sea outside.

Dylan stood up. All this had happened within thirty seconds and he was in a daze about the whole thing. Plus that Charizard looked familiar …

“You all right?” came an all too familiar voice. Dylan whirled round to face Joe. He looked exactly as he had the time when they had battled in Mossdeep City, except he had a fixed expression on his face. He looked as if he had been set a task and had just completed the first objective.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were going to train in Mossdeep?” Dylan asked.

“Change of plan” Joe replied. He returned his Pokemon to their balls and clipped them back onto his belt. “You saw that Electabuzz back there? That is the one that killed Scott.”

Dylan looked at Joe hard. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “You caught a potentially life threatening Pokemon? Why?”

“Not potentially, but physically. But this Pokemon does has amazing potential.” He said, “It could have killed or paralysed you and then come back for me but it didn’t. The Pokemon trusts and most importantly obeys me. I came here because I need your help!” he finished with.

Dylan thought for a few moments. He paced up and down the room thinking. “Okay I’m in. So what do you want me to do exactly?” he asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool. I'll keep an eye on this. Tucker's a he, that's what I think. It's hard to tell with his pixie costume

Beco

Beware...
Cool intro
Must be the first fanfic I read :p
To bad all the guys die...
Anyway, waiting to see more...

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Thanks for the feedback. I just realised Tucker is a he, I thought it was a bit of a weird name for a girl but he looked so much like one . . . I'll change that. Expect a section of the first chapter in the next hour or so *is halfway through writing*

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Well I'll reveil the first 2 of 5 parts of chapter 1. Enjoy :D

Chapter 1: Beginning

Joe had never really thought about schooling. He had always thought that the best way to learn is through experience. He had learned everything a trainer did, needed to have and needed to do off by heart before he had even reached the age of 7. This was mainly due to educational Pokemon programs, and partly to do with his mum. She would teach him everything that was required of a world class Pokemon trainer, having once been one herself.

Living in Mossdeep City was no easy task. It’s not like food is hard to come-by, it’s just not very easy to get any really decent stuff. And it wasn’t like the island was cut-off from the rest of the world, it just had poor communications. However the island was renowned to having brought up some of the greatest Pokemon trainers in the history of Hoenn. Steven, no one really knew his last name, once lived here, and then went off to another region to supposedly save the citizens from the wrath of Team Magma, trying to resurrect Groudon a second time. Also the gym leaders, Liza and Tate, had a huge reputation in Hoenn until they finally retired two years ago and were succeeded by a new psychic pair, Cameron and Jacki.

In all Joe enjoyed living on this small secluded island, it gave him space to think and plenty of space to train his Pokemon.

“Get ‘im Dodrio, use Quick Attack!” Came the shout of a man who sounded as if his voice had only broken a year before. The caller was in his early 20s, facing Joe from a distance of about 30 metres. They were on the large stretch of shallow water that lined the coast of Mossdeep City. The opposing trainer had introduced himself as Dylan, a triathlete at heart. The usual way for two trainers to get to know each other was through a battle, and Joe held the greatest battle reputation on the island.

The Dodrio rocketed in a straight line towards it’s opponent, Joe’s Charizard. The fire Pokemon roared loudly and rampaged in the Dodrio’s direction. Both Pokemon collided with each other and stumbled. Five seconds later Charizard was up in the air and the Dodrio stood in the water, staring fixedly in the sky at it’s prey, or so it thought.

“Your Pokemon can’t fly forever, when it gets the chance my Dodrio will knock him out the sky!” Dylan shouted over the wind as the Charizard narrowly avoided collision with him. The two Pokemon were both back on the ground now, staring at each other with the utmost concentration imprinted in their eyes. A vein pulsed in Charizard’s forehead. It was time.

“Charizard, give that bird a taste of your Blast Burn attack!” Commanded Joe. Immediately the Pokemon’s eyes turned red and his entire body glowed a magnificent orange. The Dodrio tried to escape the following blast but was unsuccessful. It was hit with a 5000-degree fireball and knocked to the ground, with only the smallest of cries. The Pokemon laid still and Charizard’s eyes returned to clear blue again. Dylan ran up to his friend and checked for any serious life-threatening injuries. There wouldn’t be anyway. Joe may be ruthlessly strong but he knew where to draw the line.

“You’d better take your Pokemon to the medical centre straight away.” Joe called from closer now. He had returned his Pokemon to its ball that was now silently clipped to his belt. Close up he looked a lot older than his a fifteen years, but time can be cruel to some people.

“I guess you’re right. This is the first battle I’ve lost in ages, you’re really strong.” Returned Dylan. He had been friendly towards him since the battle had first begun. “Hey why don’t we register each other? Then I can call you for a rematch whenever.”

“Sure, okay.” Said Joe. He unclipped his PokeNav from his bag and placed it in front of him. The triathlete did the same. Through infrared scanners the two mini PDAs registered each other. Looking down his list now Joe had one more contact, Triathlete Dylan.

“Thanks man. Well I’d better get going and heal my Dodrio. Then I’m moving on to Sootopolis City, I have to meet someone there.” Dylan exclaimed. He got back onto his bike and raced in the direction of the beach stairs up to the main city.

Joe stood where he had been when Dylan had left, for a few minutes, playing the battle over in his head. It had been a bad one. He had made a few mistakes that could have meant life or death in a major league battle. Letting Dodrio get an early attack in, not reflecting enough moves.

He would have to train some more. He clipped his Navigator onto his bag once more and set off in the direction of the sea.

Beco

Beware...
Very good chap. Congrats.
This story's good. The main character has my favorite pokemon :p

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Lol in a national vote 30% of people said Charizard was their favourite (I don't know when or where I read this but I swear I did) The other parts will be up tomorrow probably.

S

Shynki

I really liked the prologue, and chapter one's pretty good. Will definately keep reading, it's in my interest. I like it that Noland is still alive, he's my favorite. OOOH, Dylan has to meet someone in Slateport. I have to keep reading, I must!

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Well here is the third part of chapter three I hope you enjoy it:

The man looked out at the sea. He saw a whale Pokemon ferry someone in the cities direction. A trainer for the gym, no doubt. He turned back to the person opposite his desk.

“So you’re telling me that you want the Pokemon freed after 30 years of imprisonment?” the man behind the desk asked. He was an old man with greying hair and beard. He had worked in this sanctuary for years and knew every Pokemon by sight. The man he was talking to was around mid 30s and well built. He had stormed into his office about 5 minutes ago and had demanded he release the only Pokemon in his fields that had been here longer than he had. When he had first become manager here he had been told that this Pokemon was never to leave.

“This Pokemon has amazing potential!” the other man said. A red glint had appeared in his eyes, “Once released I can capture it. I will be a good trainer for it.”

But by looking at the man Hawker, the manager’s name, could tell that he was lying. He was one of those Pokemon extremist groups who were bent on getting powerful Pokemon and using them to dominate towns and cities, the most recent one being a storm of Oldale Town by Team Vice.

“Tell me,” Hawker said, “Which team do you work for?” He had hit a nerve; he could see a vein pulsating in the man’s arm. He wrenched the man from behind the desk and held an automatic pistol, 9mm, to Hawker’s head.

“No, you tell me where the Pokemon is, and you live.” spat the man. He had the gun pointed directly at Hawker’s brain. One wrong move, and he would die instantly.

A crash sounded in the distance. An electric surge passed over the window of the small office. The two men turned their heads in its direction. There was a cloud of smoke coming from about 200 metres away and part of the electric fence had been broken down. A small group of Breloom were crouched around the space. A lightning yellow streak was speeding off in the direction of Route 128s Ocean, with an ear-splitting war cry like a thousand thunders.

Electabuzz had escaped.

Beco

Beware...
Cool chap, so the powerfull pokemon is Electabuzz :p
Hope to see more soon

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Sorry for the double post but I finally have enough time to finish off chapter 1. Will do that within the hour.

Beco

Beware...
And Joe's going to catch that Electabuzz...
Can't wait for the update.

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Final part

The sea is my friend.

Joe treaded water and headed for the house on a small sand dune in the middle of the route. He had no intention of entering; he just needed to sit on the dunes for a while to think tactics. Tactics. It was all he ever thought of.

He reached the small embankment and sat on the warm sand. He sat and watched some trainers swim together, laughing and splashing at each other. To be a child again … ever since the abrupt end of his journey Joe had completely grown out of childhood, that was why he got on so well with older people. The feeling was weird, being around someone who should be running around and playing and instead sitting, thinking. He placed his hands down on the warm surface.

He received an electric shock. He yelped and pulled his hands back in the air and stared at it. No damage. It hadn’t been a life threatening shock, but significant enough to cause pain. Suddenly the shock was playing through his whole body. He leaped up and stood on the wooden porch of the house. The sun was shining brighter than usual. Was that the sun? Or is it …

Instinctively Joe grabbed a Pokeball off his belt and launched it into the air. The ball cracked open and a brilliant red light resumed the form of his Charizard. The ball returned to his belt automatically, a new added homing device invented by Devon Corporation. He looked again at the blazing light. It was getting closer at an alarming rate. The light ball was still 1000 metres away, getting closer …

“Charizard …” shouted Joe but he was in trouble. He didn’t know what to tell his partner to do. The light was 500 metres away, 400, 300 …

“Brick Break!” commanded the trainer. The Charizard thrust his arm into the direction of the light. The ball hit the deadly claws and fell backwards, into the water, about 15 metres away.

Joe crept slowly forwards towards the ball. It turned out to be an Electabuzz. One of the biggest ones he had ever seen. It was lying on its back face down in the water and he thought it best it didn’t drown. He heaved the Pokemon out onto the bank and examined it. It had deep cuts along his arms and legs, as if it had been trying to break through something. He pulled off some dark red seaweed and noticed a small black mark on it’s back. Something with 3 circles around the outside and a Pokeball in the center. He recognized it but did not ponder on it. He pulled out a Great Ball from his bag and tapped the Electabuzz’s fur with it. The Pokemon was sucked into the compartment of the tool and then there was silence, sound had suddenly returned to the afternoon.

He left the Mossdeep City Pokemon Center half an hour later. He had sprinted back to shore and confronted the nurse there. The Pokemon was fully healed within a few minutes and he left silently. He made a beeline towards his house, a path only obstructed by a few rocks. A Shuckle stuck its head out a rock, and retreated again.

Joe continued walking. He knew the first person he should talk to would be his mother. She knew all about this kind of thing. But she was working at the moment. She was a warden at the Safari Zone and had to travel to there every day and make the same journey home. The only other person he could turn to was Ethan, his dad. Ethan was a camper when Valerie was a picnicker trainer. They joined together in the Battle Frontier and fought side-by-side. The Battle Frontier. For he now knew where he had seen the mark before. It was the old battle frontier logo. He had to see someone who had been there.

Suddenly he realised he was facing his front door. He pulled out his key and the infrared beams hit the door and opened it with a unique code. He pushed the door and walked into his small house. From the door he walked straight for the kitchen and from there, the cellar. He walked down in pitch darkness for about 3 minutes before he reached light and the bottom. He walked in the direction of the light and saw the back of his dad, leaning against a table. He was hunched over something making clicking noises.

“Uh … Dad?” Joe questioned and as Ethan turned he could see what he had been leaning over. It was a Pokegear that had somehow been modified and looked more futuristic than usual.

“What is it? I thought you were out training?” he asked. He was always strict on the training. He wanted Joe to be successful. He placed the gear on the table as Joe unclipped the ball from his waist. He took a few steps backwards and released the Pokemon. Electabuzz took one look at Ethan and backed away into Joe. He was frightened of people! Except for his trainer, of course.

“Is that an Electabuzz?” he asked, “Where’d you get it? You can’t catch them in Hoenn let alone here. Why’s he so timid anyway?”

The Pokemon took a step closer to Ethan and stood still. He stood between the two people, father and son, watching. “Look at the symbol on this Pokemons back.” Said Joe. Ethan moved towards the Pokemon and turned him to look at its back. He looked for a few seconds and eventually his gaze locked onto something. His eyes widened and he moved backwards.

“This is … how could it … where did you get this?” stuttered Ethan. Joe told him all about how the light ball had come his way and how he had recognized it for what it was. “So you’re saying that this is THE Electabuzz?”

“Exactly what I was saying.” Joe replied. He returned the Pokemon to its ball and sat down in a chair. “Dad I want to go and find a certain trainer. His name is Dylan and he’s gone to Sootopolis City. I think I may need his help.”

“Help in what?” Ethan asked, although he need not have. He knew the answer just by looking into Joe’s eyes.

“I’m going to bring back the Battle Frontier.”

Guitar dude bill

It's here, it's near
good story, by the way i want to show you somthing "I’m going to bring back the Battle Frontier" change it to I'm going to bring him back to the battle frontier. and if you read the sticky for aspiring authors is sais not to do stuff like "tryathlete dylan and camper joe" don't do their title. here are the ratings
grammar: good but a few mistakes, please do more full stops.
description: try describing places and areas more often
originality: very original, a good point
length: this has a good length, but try to make them longer every chapter
entertainment: it is pretty entertaining, do more details in battle though
try to improve your description and battle details okay. it was good though

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Thanks for the tips bling. I'll bear them in mind when I write the next chapter.

Beco

Beware...
I really like the update. Good work seems like I was right about Joe catching the Electabuzz...

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Sorry about the lack of updates but that's what coursework gets you *beats teacher* I'm working on chapter 2.

D

.Dan.S.2006.

Anyways here is part one of Chapter 2:

Chapter 2: The Iceberg Town

Dylan placed his hand on the handle and the door creaked open. He took one step inside and felt a wave of nostalgia fly over him. He had arrived. Not knowing where he was going in the pitch darkness, he took another few steps into the building. That was when he knew something was wrong. He took a diving leap to one side and hit the wall. Less than a second later a huge bang and pulsing shock wave rumbled through the walls.

The lights flashed on, blindingly. Dylan shielded his eyes from the glare. He pulled himself to his feet and focused his vision. There, in front of him, was a Tauros, nostrils flaring uncontrollably and behind the bison there was a man. He looked young but probably wasn’t, Dylan thought. He was well built with shockingly green eyes to match his jacket. It was the hide of a Sceptile, with a dark red symbol on the breast. It represented the silhouette of the legendary Pokemon Zapdos.

The Tauros started stamping its feet impatiently and Dylan was relieved when the man returned the Pokemon to its ball. The man stepped closer to Dylan and revealed a pistol from his back pocket. He unclipped the magazine and checked his ammunition; 5 out of 6. Not bad. The man pointed the gun directly at Dylan’s heart. It was then, when the man inched slowly to the left that he noticed a pair of feet sticking out from behind a wide, oak desk.

But why was this man in a Pokemon sanctuary? His Pokemon, Sharpedo, had been taken into care a few months back because it had been really badly injured in a rough battle and Dylan had thought it best to live there. He had come to retrieve it today, only to find this.

The man spoke “What are you doing here?” he asked. Dylan recognized an accent, a Johto one. He thought of a reply while the man slowly brought down his index finger on the trigger.

“I came here to pick up my Pokemon. Where is my Sharpedo? Where’s the manager?” He asked all this very quickly, trying not to give the man time to retaliate. He knew what he was doing; he had done it before. That was what 3 years in the HAC (Hoenn Air Cadets) got you.

“The manager is dead. Your Sharpedo is also. I took the liberty of personally eliminating every single witness, including Pokemon." Dylan was hit hard. His Pokemon was dead. It wasn’t coming back. A hot surge of rage flew through him like lava. He wanted to hurt the man, do whatever he could …

“And,” the man continued “seeing as you decided to make yourself a witness then, I’m afraid there is nothing left for me to do but eliminate you as well …"

The ball of light smashed through the window and landed with a crack on the floor. The Tauros, once again released, leapt into action immediately and tried to Take Down the foe but it was too slow. The Electabuzz charged out the way and hit the thug with electrifying force. The man fell to the ground, his mouth set into a silent scream, paralysed. Tauros was up again. It plunged its horns into Electabuzz and it keeled over. A flame ball hit the bull Pokemon in the back and it was propelled forward through the wall, and into the sea outside.

Dylan stood up. All this had happened within thirty seconds and he was in a daze about the whole thing. Plus that Charizard looked familiar …

“You all right?” came an all too familiar voice. Dylan whirled round to face Joe. He looked exactly as he had the time when they had battled in Mossdeep City, except he had a fixed expression on his face. He looked as if he had been set a task and had just completed the first objective.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were going to train in Mossdeep?” Dylan asked.

“Change of plan” Joe replied. He returned his Pokemon to their balls and clipped them back onto his belt. “You saw that Electabuzz back there? That is the one that killed Scott.”

Dylan looked at Joe hard. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “You caught a potentially life threatening Pokemon? Why?”

“Not potentially, but physically. But this Pokemon does has amazing potential.” He said, “It could have killed or paralysed you and then come back for me but it didn’t. The Pokemon trusts and most importantly obeys me. I came here because I need your help!” he finished with.

Dylan thought for a few moments. He paced up and down the room thinking. “Okay I’m in. So what do you want me to do exactly?” he asked.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beco

Beware...
A lot of people die in this fic, but still, great update :p

Last edited: