• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle For The Underground (709)

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the first part better. It had more drama to it.

This episode did not go as I predicted it would. It was allright I guess, but episodes that do not go as I predict are the ones I don't care for.

This episode gets a 6/10.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
The whole train chase just seemed to go on forever but it was still cool. By the way does anyone know if that was Anville Town at the end of the episode because it sure looked like it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I like how the pokemon know which one of their friends are in their pokeball. Pikachu being a natural leader was awesome to see again, even Excadrill listened to him lol.

Pikachu felt very betrayed by Meowth, anyone know the little conversation between Ash and Meowth and why Ash smiled when Mewoth flew away?

LaymanX

Some people were hoping to see Meowth feel bad about betraying Ash.

All we got was a 3 second scene of Meowth a "Why'd it have to be this way?" face and Meowth shaking his head when Ash told Meowth that traveling with him was a lot of fun.
That might be enough to recycle this plot line several episodes down the road though. Maybe. I wouldn't count on it, and more likely than not this will never be mentioned again.

It looks like Team Rocket won't be appearing for many many episodes though.

Last edited:

G50

No longer posting
This episode was much better than the 1st to me. It was great to see Shibirudon and Shandera for the 1st time. Shandera had a much cooler voice in the Anime, and it doesn't hurt the ears. Pikachu was very bright in this episode. He was able to free Tsutarja, Doryuzu, Ishizumai, Yanappu, Pokabu, Roggenrola, and was able to calm Kibago down. Pikachu came up with a great plan to break down the door, and it worked. It was funny when Pikachu was coming up with the plan, and the thought bubble was crossing out and circling his ideas until he came up with the right plan. TR was very clever sending out several decoys to fool people. It was sad to see Kibago crying for Iris. Pokabu finally learned Flamethrower! ^__^. It was very smart for Tsutarja to use Vine Whip to change the tracks twice. Pikachu had a very mean and angry look on his face when he confronted Meowth. Dent was funny at the end going crazy over the Battle Subways... Shandera's Pshychic power looked really cool.

78/100

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
This episode was much better than the 1st to me. It was great to see Shibirudon and Shandera for the 1st time. Shandera had a much cooler voice in the Anime, and it doesn't hurt the ears. Pikachu was very bright in this episode. He was able to free Tsutarja, Doryuzu, Ishizumai, Yanappu, Pokabu, Roggenrola, and was able to calm Kibago down. Pikachu came up with a great plan to break down the door, and it worked. It was funny when Pikachu was coming up with the plan, and the thought bubble was crossing out and circling his ideas until he came up with the right plan. TR was very clever sending out several decoys to fool people. It was sad to see Kibago crying for Iris. Pokabu finally learned Flamethrower! ^__^. It was very smart for Tsutarja to use Vine Whip to change the tracks twice. Pikachu had a very mean and angry look on his face when he confronted Meowth. Dent was funny at the end going crazy over the Battle Subways... Shandera's Pshychic power looked really cool, I believe it was the move Telekinesis instead of the usual Psychic.

78/100

Nope it was Psychic. Psychic makes a blue aura, Telekinesis makes a green aura.

Notice int he Audino episode with Solosis and his Psychic compared to Gothita and her Telekinesis. Also, professor Icarus' Elgyem used Telekinesis.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I was really rooting for Team Rocket to be successful. Of course, I knew they wouldn't, but they're elaborate plan was so close, even if it was as mundane as stealing Pokemon.

gliscor&yanmega

I enjoyed part 2 just as much as part 1.

I like how Pikachu kind of took charge and was telling everyone what to do. I kind of feel bad for it, it seems pretty hurt when it learned Meowth wasn't really their friend.

Tepig learning Flamethrower is nice, while it's not that interesting of a move it's still more power for the thing which I'm fine with.

I wish we could have seen everyone's Pokemon helping out, but at less we got some Pokemon from Ash, Cilan, and Iris working together, it could have just been Pikachu and Axew(And maybe Pansage).

Eelektross and Chandelure were cool, the latter sounded kind of feminine to me...I wish Pokemon would just have their gender placed on them(As weird as it may look).

I really enjoyed this special, even more so that there's no break following it so we get yet another episode next week.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Tepig learned Flamethrower? I didn't even notice. It looked like a stronger Ember.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Does anyone know what was said between Zager and the trio at the end? A hint to the future may have been there.

I'm very disappointed that the Nyagotiator arc, which had so much potential, worked out in an anticlimactic way that threw out most potential character development. They wasted all that potential on four poor fillers and "LOL I was lying" almost feels like a complete cop-out. What was the point of it all, to get him into the Poké Ball storage room? They've done that so effortlessly before that there was no need for it to be so complicated this time. I sincerely hope Ash is not stupid enough to ever fall for this again and the Nyagotiator thing becomes a bad memory.

Jessie and James were pretty impressive, on the other hand. While they still could use their personalities and black uniforms back, this level of competence is what we should be seeing from them. Zager flying in and attempting to pick up the train right off the tracks with his helicopter was the exact moment he established himself as a truly threatening villain, and also provided an excellent climax to the episode. We need more like this, so I hope the Kami Trio plot ends up as exciting. I wouldn't mind a direct confrontation with Zager if Giovanni never returns.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Tepig has learned Flamethrower =)
Praise the lord!I don't care how "unoriginal" or "boring" it is, I just wanted to see Tepig with a strong move. I was sick of Ember being spammed.

Pepsi, I can see you using my censor bypass! Why can't people get their own instead of taking my treasured fock?

You're Irish, say 'Feck' :p

I can't believe people are surprised Meowth was a traitor... Joe told as as soon as it was mentioned that Meowth said "leave it to me" or whatever it was, in that episode, and it should have been completely obvious really.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Does anyone know what was said between Zager and the trio at the end? A hint to the future may have been there.

I'm very disappointed that the Nyagotiator arc, which had so much potential, worked out in an anticlimactic way that threw out most potential character development. They wasted all that potential on four poor fillers and "LOL I was lying" almost feels like a complete cop-out. What was the point of it all, to get him into the Poké Ball storage room? They've done that so effortlessly before that there was no need for it to be so complicated this time. I sincerely hope Ash is not stupid enough to ever fall for this again and the Nyagotiator thing becomes a bad memory.

Jessie and James were pretty impressive, on the other hand. While they still could use their personalities and black uniforms back, this level of competence is what we should be seeing from them. Zager flying in and attempting to pick up the train right off the tracks with his helicopter was the exact moment he established himself as a truly threatening villain, and also provided an excellent climax to the episode. We need more like this, so I hope the Kami Trio plot ends up as exciting. I wouldn't mind a direct confrontation with Zager if Giovanni never returns.
Yea and you want to know what the worst thing is? All of the Nyagotiator episodes were complete filler aside from the first. In each of those episodes, Meowth's role could have been filled with either a COD or POD and the end result would have been exactly the same. This entire thing just seems like it only existed to troll the new viewers who don't already know that any form of a TR splitting up plot goes nowhere. Heck we could have just skipped those episodes and we'd have reached Nimbasa City 4 weeks earlier. So in other words, this whole mini arc was entirely pointless because Ash will never learn that Meowth will never actually change no matter how nice they are to him.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
What was the point of it all, to get him into the Poké Ball storage room? They've done that so effortlessly before that there was no need for it to be so complicated this time.

No, it was to get Pikachu and the other of Ash's Pokemon into the room. It was all to capture them.

Zager flying in and attempting to pick up the train right off the tracks with his helicopter was the exact moment he established himself as a truly threatening villain, and also provided an excellent climax to the episode.

Yeah, I really loved how directly involved with the action Dr. Zager became. I expected him to just be sitting it out, controlling the event from behind the scenes, but no, he actually flew his damn helicopter in to partake in the chase. Very impressive.

Last edited:

Pokefan 2000

i would love for pikachu rage and hurt over meowth betrayal to be adressed later on in a future episode having pikachu snap next time he see him and ruthlessly attacking him over and over again but then again this is pokemon and the writers never allow the characters to keep any negative emotions for long look at ash he never stays angry nor was he outraged like pikachu was.

look at castorm debut episode at an example team magma petty much won in that episode but instead of it ending dramatially like the did with the team galatic episode orb episode it ends with another stupid brock gang.

Raynecat

Rabid Fangirl
@Pokefan_2000 - I'm moderately sure Ash wasn't outraged because he either saw it coming or was amused by the whole thing. =p It is very typical Team Rocket.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
What was Ash saying to Meowth at the end? And why was he smiling?

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Somehow, something in the back of my head told me Nyarsu was not really a good guy. It spoke even louder when I saw that he was trying to get alone in the telephone booth...

WHY????!!!!

I've never felt more betrayed by the writers than in these episodes! They are very good, though, to build the suspense up in a way that your mind isn't focused on the thought that Nyarsu is a double-crosser. He played his part well, and the writers did an excellent job.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Somehow, something in the back of my head told me Nyarsu was not really a good guy. It spoke even louder when I saw that he was trying to get alone in the telephone booth...

WHY????!!!!

I've never felt more betrayed by the writers than in these episodes! They are very good, though, to build the suspense up in a way that your mind isn't focused on the thought that Nyarsu is a double-crosser. He played his part well, and the writers did an excellent job.

How? He was with them for four episodes.

That was an extremely short time of traveling with them...

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
How? He was with them for four episodes.

That was an extremely short time of traveling with them...

4 episodes = 4 weeks = one month = long time to think of Nyarsu as a good guy, and the fact that they never showed even a hint as to Nyarsu's true intentions really made it feel like he was sincere. I was the last person to believe he was a double agent, because he sold himself very well.