• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle For The Underground (709)

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Meowth's betrayal was something I already knew was going to happen, but it was still kinda sad. Nice to see that he actually felt a bit sorry for it. Pikachu getting super angry was great, I bet he's so annoyed no one listened to him about Meowth! Something I've really enjoyed about this series so far is Team Rocket's much more complicated plans that actually have a chance to succeed. It definitely leaves me wondering what the grand scheme of this is with Dr. Zager involved. Cilan constantly calling himself a metro connoisseur really made me laugh too. Another great pair of episodes.

You know, it's surprising how the Pokemon themselves are able to tell which Pokeballs their friends were in. I mean, it seems that they see less of the Pokeball than the trainers do, so you would think they don't see them enough to be able to say "Hey! I know that Pokeball, that's _______'s!"

The best part of this episode was all of the Pokemon working together without their trainers to escape the car. It was really nice to see.

JudySpell

Banned
Even though Meowth was the evil one who betrayed Ash's friends I blame them partially for what happened since they should've had the foresight to expect it. 5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I loved how Snivy and Excadrill helped free Axew and Pikachu from the cages here and how they broke through the wall of the train car. Dr Zager appearing was neat as well and I wish Ash had been angrier at Meowth.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I was pleased that Dent's knowledge of Raimon City's subway came in handy. Pikachu's plan for escaping the subway train was excellent, and I liked seeing Seger-hakase show up on his helicopter. And finally, I thought that Nyasu must've felt slight remorse for betraying Satoshi and the others.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This was one of Team Rocket's most complex plans to date. They've come a long way from digging pitfalls. My only complaint were the voices of Eelektross and Chandelure. Nice that Pikachu thought about which Pokemon could break through the door.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I love how Team Rocket is so incompetent that their prisoners were basically able to rescue themselves before help arrived. Or how Dr. Seger's helicopter went down just as easily as one of the trio's pre-BW balloons.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
And finally, I thought that Nyasu must've felt slight remorse for betraying Satoshi and the others.

I wonder if he did feel bad about his betrayal cuz knowing how cruel Meowth can be, part of me has doubts. He seemed surprised at the end when Ash told him how he liked traveling with him, but then Meowth just claimed that Ash was naive.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I wonder if he did feel bad about his betrayal cuz knowing how cruel Meowth can be, part of me has doubts. He seemed surprised at the end when Ash told him how he liked traveling with him, but then Meowth just claimed that Ash was naive.

IMO, as messed up as Meowth was when he backstabbed Ash, Iris, and Cilan, I think he did enjoy his time with them and felt bad for betraying them. He likely just said that naive line to hide his true feelings.

Shayuin

Banned
Ingo and Emmet were awesome in this episode even if they didn't do as much as I expected. Ash's Tepig learning Flamethrower was great and Meowth's betrayal stung, but I saw it coming.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Even with all the focus on the cast's Pokemon escaping the Rocket-dan's grasp on their own, I was somewhat vexed by how little Nobori and Kudari did here. They may as well have not even appeared.

DatsRight

I loved seeing a full 'not so harmless' scheme where the twerps were the underdog and had to pull out all the stops to fight off TR for once (even if there were the usual bits of help here and there like TR's arrogance and a Pokemon conveniently learning a new move, even if these weren't to make an automatic win like they usually do in action). They even admitted spooked that Team Rocket had almost got them this time.

I do always appreciate when shows have occasional episodes they rob the heroes of their invincibility to remind you that, sure the villains can be kinda pitiful at times, but you're supposed to be rooting for the hero.

I'm still split down the middle whether Ash was being earnest towards Meowth or getting in a bit of subtle mockery towards him, especially since he'd spent the past few episodes doing more good than harm and ironically being as much the twerps' butt monkey as he is as their enemy, and it was all for nothing.

Vulpicks

I enjoyed this episode. It was neat watching the Pokemon form their own escape plan.

Also it was really interesting seeing such rage displayed from Pikachu. We don't see such raw genuine emotion from him that often. Even Ash had to tell him to chill.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Vulpicks said:
Also it was really interesting seeing such rage displayed from Pikachu. We don't see such raw genuine emotion from him that often. Even Ash had to tell him to chill.

Pikachu actually seeming hurt by Nyasu's betrayal was great though since Satoshi seemed too passive, and we needed raw emotion from someone.

Scorbunnie

Ash saying that he had fun when Meowth was with them made me think that Meowth would feel bad about the stunt that he pulled but he seemed just as loyal to Jessie and James as always so I think it showed how irredeemable Meowth is.

This was a good finisher to the whole Meowth turns good plot either way.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Scorbunnie said:
Ash saying that he had fun when Meowth was with them made me think that Meowth would feel bad about the stunt that he pulled but he seemed just as loyal to Jessie and James as always so I think it showed how irredeemable Meowth is.

I like to think that Nyasu did feel some regret for tricking Satoshi's group, although his loyalty to his companions [Musashi and Kojirou] and his dedication to Sakaki overruled his feelings of guilt.

CHANDELURE!
The best episodes of Season 14 (let's see which is better between it and season 15 because season 16 sucks):
BW021
BW026
BW032
BW033
BW047
BW048
Next up, Nimbasa Gym oh god.... NO