• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier, Emerald or Platinum, which is best?

Tyridium

COD fan
I've never had Pokemon platinum, but i had emerald, when i heard that the platinum frontier was going into HGSS aswell i wondered if it were a mistake or a good choice? please say which is better?

Both are horrible. Battle Frontier has no real point and getting the stupid BP takes much more time than it is worth. By the time you get the 16BP for a Power item to EV train that lovable Gengar of yours, you could have had him up 5 levels already.

Visual

Nine one six ~
I can't compare between them since I don't have Emerald but the Battle Frontier in Platinum is fun and...quite addictive.

Riano Ostergarro

Hi I'm Brüno!
I can compare both and I say that Emerald's facility's were a lot more fun and it was more of a challenge than Platinum's. So Emerald hand's down for me.

I say Emeralds. It had the Pyramid and Pike, and they were SO FUN, but Plat's aint bad. But for me, Emeralds is best.

shamwowsavedme

chek dis ancient ***
platinum beacause ur pokemon dnt hav to be at a certain lvl so the computer doesnt always have a massive lvl 70 while im 58...(sad face)

Xerudic

Pokemon addict [:
The original is always better. Emerald <3 :D

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I prefer Platinum. I may be biased on that because I have 3 Silver prints in one day from Platinum and only 2 Silver Symbols in +400 hours of play. Also I have a lot more EV trained pokemon in Platinum than Emerald. I liked the Emerald, but I love the Platinum, especially the Battle Arcade.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
i'd say emerald, even though it is close. in emerald i like the battle pyramid, because i use the evolved 3 starters and it could on the frontier brain there. and in platinum, i like the battle hall, when you use 1 pokemon, because i got a winstreak of 100, then lost against a lickilicky, with thunderpunch, i used my bully gyrados, with a different, more offensive moveset.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
.....Neither..I don't understand them much

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
I haven't made it to Emerald's Battle Frontier, but I think it'll be funner. I haven't had TOO much fun on Platinum.

Sohashi

emerald is better. the places are more fun, but platinum is probably easier for most due to levels usually being lowered to 50

Narshen

Rocket Grunt
Emerald has the better facilities, but I really appreciate Platinum's auto-leveling system. Even so, leveling wasn't much of a problem for me when I played Emerald, so I'll have to go with that.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Both are horrible. Battle Frontier has no real point and getting the stupid BP takes much more time than it is worth. By the time you get the 16BP for a Power item to EV train that lovable Gengar of yours, you could have had him up 5 levels already.

You're calling things like Choice Band, Focus Sash, and TM Earthquake useless?

And it's not like power items are one use only. Plus, getting 16 BP is a piece of cake should you assemble even a half-arsed team.

Anyway, I think Emerald's was better because of more facilities and more interesting facilities. Also, Meowth, Sudowoodo, and Smeargle. ~<3

They're both quite awesome though.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I prefer Emerald's BF just because it is huge, I always circle around it to hatch eggs :p
While in D/P/Pt such huge place to hatch egg is nonexistant.....

Tyridium

COD fan
well it looks like Emerald is more popular, however if they mixed Emeralds facilities with platinum's new ones, and made it lower the pokemon to level fifty, (with exception to the battle factory, open level is fun) they would have an awesome frontier for HGSS. however they were not very imaginative so the frontier is going to be identical to Platinums one, BORING!!!