1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Frontier - Favourite Facility

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by SuicuneMei, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuicuneMei

SuicuneMei hiii

What was your favorite place to battle in? mine was Battle Pike!

2. Alexander18

Alexander18 Banned

Battle Factory is my favorite.

3. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

Changed the thread title slightly to better reflect the topic.

Anyway, I like most of the facilities at the Battle Frontier in Emerald, though the Battle Dome is probably my favourite. I like battling there as the tournaments are only 4 battles long and I love viewing the tourney tree to see everyone's teams. Plus, Tucker's always been a favourite of mine.

4. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

My favourites were the Battle Factory and Pike. I loved the random Pokémon in the Factory and the random events in the Pike whenever I got extremely lucky.

5. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I'll go with Battle Dome because you get to learn about your opponent's team before the battle and because each challenge is quite short compared to the rest of the facilities. Factory was also fun, but the rental Pokemon often tended to have really lame movesets, such as Dragonite that only had Hyper Beam as an attack move, Gyarados with only special-based attacks, the list goes on.

6. Quilava42

Quilava42 Blazing Flowers

The Battle Factory would have to be my favorite due to the variety of Pokemon I could choose, even with the increasing difficulty.

7. Kalosian

Kalosian Never Say Forever

I like them all in some way, but my two top favorites are the Battle Dome and the Battle Pyramid. I liked the Dome because it allowed for a bit of extra strategy, you could see your opponent's Pokemon before the battle and pick your Pokemon in order to counter them. Going through it also went rather fast for the most part since you only had to face four trainers and each battle involved two Pokemon from each side. The Pyramid was also fun because it involved a bit of exploring with different wild Pokemon every round. Looking for the teleporter to the next level while finding items and avoiding trainers and wild Pokemon was really fun but a bit challenging at times too. I loved how Black Tower/White Treehollow in B2/W2 had a somewhat similar concept which reminded me of the Battle Pyramid.

I like the other five facilities too but I don't feel like writing anything about them right now.

8. SuicuneMei

SuicuneMei hiii

Battle Dome would be my second favorite!! ah and ty! ^^

This was also my brothers favorite haha, i always watched him play on that one!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
  9. Mrs. Oreo

Mrs. Oreo Banned

Well I've always been fond of Hoenn's Battle Frontier cuz of my childhood memories of reaching the island in Emerald. I just love the music that plays there and the facilities added a cool new element to the game. My favourite facility would have to be the Battle Pike cuz I'm always very lucky there hee hee. :]

10. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

Battle Pike, because its the only one I ever got far enough in to face the Frontier Brain (Lucy)

Never actually beat her though. :(

11. Moonstardust

Moonstardust Banned

I preferred the Battle Dome myself because the tournament setting was great and Tucker as the Frontier Brain was awesome. I thought he was easy to beat.

12. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

As much as I liked Emerald, I'll admit that I never got a chance to conquer the Battle Frontier due to restarting my game often. I've only ever gotten the silver Guts Symbol at the Battle Arena, which was my favorite area.

13. Kennith

Kennith Banned

Battle Factory is pretty fun due to using rental pokemon and not your own.

14. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Well-Known Member Staff Member

This reminded me of how I've really grown to like the Battle Pyramid over the years. I wasn't a big fan of it for the first several years after Emerald's release, but I really grew to like it around five years ago. At that time, I was using a good team of Pokemon I had bred and trained specifically for the Battle Frontier, plus I was better at item management. For those reasons, I had an easier time getting through the pyramid and was finally able to get the gold symbol.

I too found the exploration & changing wild Pokemon aspects of the Battle Pyramid to be fun. Exploring new areas is always one of my favourite parts of the Pokemon games, so I really liked exploring the floors of the pyramid. The fact that the wild Pokemon changed every round allowed me to try out slightly different teams each time (and also meant that if there was a certain wild Pokemon I didn't like, I wouldn't have to encounter it every round).

The place still frustrated me at times, though, like when I found a shiny Octillery there. >_>
    Also, looking for that one tiny blue square in a dark room drove me insane on many occasions.

But still, I've had lots of fun at the pyramid and it has probably been my most successful Battle Frontier facility on Emerald. My best streak of over 100 floors cleared is still active (probably should continue it some time...)

15. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Happy Minun

I loved the Pyramid the most. As opposed to the other facilities, you really had to carefully craft and adapt your team for each run individually. I remember breeding and training a Miltank specifically for the Pyramid, simply because good HP, Milk Drink, and Heal Bell make her an excellent doctor to have around in there. I think I got well over a 100 floors on my best run. Factory I never really liked despite me spending huge amounts of time there. The pokémon you could rent were generally awful in their movesets and it was often very difficult to make a good team out of them, too reliant on luck.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  16. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I liked the Battle Dome the most. The whole set up featuring the tournament was different, and it was the place where I won the most BP. ;)

17. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Battle Pike, mostly cause it is the first Frontier symbol I received

18. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Pokemon Arcade, because it's fun to play roulette and, if you pay attention, you can actually use it to your advantage.

19. Bananarama

Bananarama The light is coming

I love the Battle Pike the most, because of how unique the concept is. It was my closest ever attempt at getting a symbol, but Lucy crushed me :/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  20. mamuciuciu

mamuciuciu Member

Battle Pike and Battle Arena.

Battle Pike because you get to avoid battles often if you spoke to the maid, which is the best part
    "I heard someone whispering..."
    ......and it was the only one I ever managed to get a Gold Symbol

and Battle Arena because finally a part where tanks and walls go down after 3 turns (sigh)

Battle Dome was quite fun too but i liked the two above the most.
    *Looks at Battle Palace*
    *Run*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.