• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier Help/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
IB on TTar is for flygon, who resists EQ/RS and is double-weak to ice. it's also a bit useful for claydol/breloom, though loom is better covered by AA.

focus punch on amphy is for blissey/snorlax/regice, who are all weak to fighting, and are the game's only good special walls.

Wing Attack? o.0 God knows why you listed a move like that.
for someone who can't get Extrasensory, that is all there is.
What's wrong with Bulk Up? That's like saying Calm Mind is "meh," which it isn't.
Choice Band > Bulk Up.
no Special CB ftw.
Special T-tar sucks. Like I said, leave the special attacking to special based pokemon. Aerial Ace is for the grass pokemon. After a couple Dragon Dances he's not gonna need Ice Beam for anything.
a) is that special tar?
b) have you even used Special Tar? - It is actually good.
c) You probably don't even know what Special Tar is.
d) Ice Beam > most of it's counters.
e) Cloy, Flygon and Breloom love swapping into DD Tar - Ice Beam > them.
hat's all preference. I like Magical Leaf over Razor Leaf because it's a little stronger (When not counting RL's critical hits) and it's always reliable.
saying Razor Leaf is better still.
5 Power in it, with a higher chance of a CH... :rolleyes:
Dragon Breath is for other water pokemon and Kingdras.
So is toxic.
They can't do **** to you, and Toxic wears them down.
Meh, I'm not one for mixed sets. The only mixed set I like is on Blaziken, Venasaur, and Over Heat Flareon.
why?
you were all for variance...

btw, your text is annoying.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
seconded on the irritating text. if you have to select it to read it, it'd be better off changed.

aerial ace > wing attack for DTers, F_M.

Mystic Gardevoir

Desperate Milotic, do you still recommend that I use these attacks for Tyranitar? Outrage, Dragon Dance, Rock Slide and Mega Kick. If so, how am I supposed to teach them attacks to it? There is no TM for Outrage, Dragon Dance and Mega Kick. Also, is it neccassery that my Machamp has Rock Slide?

Salamance

Banned
I'm having trouble with battle frontier so I'm raising a new team. How effective do think it will be.

Salamence@Adament
Item:
Moves:
-DD
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Aerial Ace
What item should I give to Salamence.

Alakazam@Timid
Item:Lum berry
Moves:
-Calm mind
-Recover
-Psychic
-Fire punch

Blastoise@Calm
Item:Leftovers
Moves:
-Surf
-Icebeam
-Rest
-Mirror coat

.Vaati.

.:Guilty Love
I'm having trouble with battle frontier so I'm raising a new team. How effective do think it will be.

Salamence@Adament
Item:Choice Band
Moves:
-DDFire Blast
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Aerial Ace
What item should I give to Salamence.

Blastoise@Calm
Item:Leftovers
Moves:
-Surf
-Icebeam
-RestCounter
-Mirror coat

Good team. Good luck in the Frontier.

Sceptile95

yesterday i realized that i messed up my EV training, so i hatched another chansey, bold nature with natural cure. so i need the ev's for it. it also has outstanding defense.

.Vaati.

.:Guilty Love
yesterday i realized that i messed up my EV training, so i hatched another chansey, bold nature with natural cure. so i need the ev's for it. it also has outstanding defense.

EVs in Defense and HP, I think.

i have been ev training my latios in sp. attack and speed and it is now at lvl 60 and the speed and special attack is at 204 is that good?

What Nature is it? We don't know the IVs of it either. o-o

Then why don't you just use Hyper Beam? ._.
Loving the stupidity of this post.

also, the fact that you probably didn't read the rest of the conversation, but you will butt in anyway, saddens me.

Aerial Ace vs Wing Attack.
Wing Attack is cooler, imo, and it had absolutely nothing to do with Hyper Beam.

pooheadkid

Psychic Trainer
i was thinking a different tyranitar movset besides the traditional dragondance and boah. cursetar?

Tyranitar@ lefties
careful
curse
eq
rs
rest

snorlax may be able to do this better but the sandstorm hurts ur opponent while ur charging and stuff. so wat do u think?

Warri0r

Frontier Trainer
So far I've finished frontier training 2 Pokes.

Milotic - Surf, Ice Beam, Toxic, Recover

Salamence - DD, AA, EQ, RS

can anyone suggest 4 more Pokes that would be useful for the frontier? I'm going to resume my Frontier breeding/training as soon as possible.

Mystic Gardevoir

I'm still stuck on battle frontier. What lvl pokémon do you recommend that I use in Battle Factory? Lvl 50 or Lvl 100?

Also, can people please stop useing abreviates because it's very confusing and I don't understand. Thank you.

Sceptile95

my chansey already has outstanding defense so what should the EV's be? Note: the nature is bold

Mystic Gardevoir

I'm still stuck on battle frontier. What lvl pokemon do you recommend that I use in Battle Factory? Lvl 50 or Lvl 100?

On Battle Pyramid do you:
1. Hunt around for trainers and items.
2. Battle pokemon in the wild to see better.
3. Or just look for the way out straight away.

Which one do you do and which one do you recommend I do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.