• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier Help/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
ok so ill use dusclops to toxic them...but shuckle has rest. so he can just heal up. and yeah i meant that i used my ludicolo to take down the E4's milotic so i think he can take down hers too

you chould be happy when shuckle rests.you get 2 free turns of surf for ludiculo which should KO shuckle.just try your best not to get toxiced by shuckle(by equipping a lum berry or something).

^^^Thank you crazymoose for keeping this thread alive! Going for gold lucy, starting over from the first round now after losing to a heracross' megahorn... Gosh, I HATE fighting that thing...
same goes for me...though my reason is its endure-reversal combo.

still attempting the arena gold symbol...was koed by pinsir's endure/flail combo in the recent attempt...

Fres <3

what will be a good piramide team?

Swampert
Metagross
Camurupt

Is this ok?

Champion Jared 14

For silver, you should just take a strong fighting type for the burn round (round 3) and a pokemon with the pickup ability to stock up on items in the first two rounds.

EDIT: PLEASE, post in here for any important BF updates, come one, come all!

Last edited:
Since this thread is dying, I thought I'd post a team I'm thinking of making.

I'll definately need to check it for holes more thouroughly, and since Smogon is down I can't check the max stats DB, which means no Hariyama EVs for now.

Anyway, enjoy:

Starmie @ Lum Berry
Trait: Natural Cure
Modest Nature
252 spatk, 252 spd, 4 hp
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Very standard. Too standard if you ask me, but I like winning.

Hariyama @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Thick Fat
Impish nature
- Cross Chop
- Counter
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

I haven't been too sure about this one. Hariyama is good but the question is if it's useful in the Frontier. With a defensive nature and a defensive EV spread it'll be able to take many physical hits. I'll make some calculations later to see if it's actually worth using.
Can take on Blissey/Lax any day of the week, which is nice. Really nice.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
252 hp, 252 def, 4 spatk
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Softboiled

I'm wasn't too sure about whether to max out its hp or spatk, or put some evs into both. I'm still not sure, and I'm going to have to think about it.

I hope you took notes, bye.

crazymoose

Tailow!
i still can;t do anything except the battle factory since my team is level 56 now thats why i havent been asking ?'s lol. i think i will have an easy time with that milotic of lucy's since my ludicolo can now three hit KO the E4's milotic. but does it use toxic? will leftovers(for recovering after the ice beams) or peach berry be a better item for it?

Champion Jared 14

Lucy's milotic knows surf, ice beam, mirror coat, and recover. Her shuckle uses toxic, as well as sandstorm and rest and protect, so watch out for that too. If you pair up ludicolo with a metagross, then you'll have a pretty simple match to win.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
i still can;t do anything except the battle factory since my team is level 56 now thats why i havent been asking ?'s lol. i think i will have an easy time with that milotic of lucy's since my ludicolo can now three hit KO the E4's milotic. but does it use toxic? will leftovers(for recovering after the ice beams) or peach berry be a better item for it?

firstly get your team to lv 60 if you are competing in the open level since thats their minimum pokemon level in open level.never compare E4 milotic to lucy's milotic, they are very different.
as suggested above metagross can not only take down shuckle but can also take down seviper and stand a chance against milotic if your metagross is properly EV trained. another option for beating milotic is using a toxistaller like blissey or dusclops and milotic will fall even if she spams her recover. when shuckle rests for the second time(since she have chesto berry), you could kill her with 2 powerful surfs from ludiculo.

Champion Jared 14

Yes, that will work wonders with her team. And, if you use Ludicolo, leech seed is a must on him, so you'll have to breed that on him. You may also want to give metagross earthquake. I kinda like agiligross, but I've never raised or used one, and I give mine's too many speed ev's, so you may wanna try that out if you can.

Hey kids, want to know a secret to earning battle points quickly that I discovered? Well check this out then:

Shedinja RULES in the Battle Palace.

Shedinja
Adamant nature
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Secret Power
-Fury Cutter
is the set I use. It may not look good right now, but it's surprisingly useful. Had I known that it would've been useful, I would've bred for Silver Wind, since Fury Cutter is absolutely useless and Secret Power isn't all that helpful, but it needs something stronger to hit Normal types. Luckily it doesn't use Fury Cutter very often though.

Anyway, the reason it's so helpful is because if your opponent's first pokemon is something that would be screwed against Shedinja, they'll switch it out to something else, something that's likely to have a move that'll defeat Shedinja. If you decide to keep it out for a while, it can actually work because the opponent's pokemon doesn't necessarily know what move to use, although it is usually a better idea to switch out. Then, when the opponent has no choice but to put their first pokemon back into battle, you know you'll be able to defeat it with Shedinja!

As for the pokemon to switch out to... I don't have that many Lv50 bred EV trained pokemon, but I do have these guys which I find useful:
Electabuzz
Quirky nature
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Brick Break
Its stats aren't great, but it has a great movepool for an electric type. It is helpful at knocking out pokemon such as Swellow and other flying types that would normally kill Shedinja.

Slowbro
Quirky nature
-Surf
-Psychic
-Yawn
-Amnesia
Unfortunately I find it using Amnesia a lot despite its nature, so I will be replacing it with Ice Beam soon and getting rid of Electabuzz for something a little stronger. Generally, any relatively defensive water types should do the job just as well, and the ability to survive Shadow Ball and Crunch/Bite/Pursuit would be helpful too.

So, going over Shedinja's movepool, I'd say that this would be the best set to use:
Shedinja
Adamant nature
-Shadow Ball
-Confuse Ray
-Silver Wind
-Return/Aerial Ace
Be aware that you need to breed with a male Butterfree to get Silver Wind.

The reasons that I didn't breed for the above moveset are 1: I didn't know that Silver Wind would be helpful, and 2: I'm not trying to beat the leaders right now, I'm only trying to earn extra battle points quickly to use the move tutors and get the other prizes.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
do anyone have a good team for battle arena gold symbol? my team has never reach the 56th battle even after shuffling/replacing some members.
starmie@lumberry
modest
252 sp atk and speed 6 hp
surf
psychic
thunderbolt
ice beam
totally standard...so i dont think it need any changes...

regirock@leftovers
careful
EV:252 hp 129 sp def 129 atk
curse
explosion
EQ
rock slide

sceptile@scope lens
modest
EV:252 sp atk 252 speed 6 hp
leaf blade
thunderpunch
dragon claw
crunch

salamence@king's rock
adamant
EV:252 atk 252 speed 6 hp
rock slide
earthquake
aerial ace
brick break
too lazy to level up my altaria and breed dragon dance in mence

metagross@leftovers
adamant
EV:dont quite remember but it should have the right EV of 252 atk
meteor mash
earthquake
rock slide
sludge bomb(to be replaced with explosion)

i usually pick my team from the few here with starmie as a fixed starter. please post any suggestion of better pokemon, changes to my moveset and/or the arrangement of my team. i also seem to have problems with endure-salac-flail pinsir as it either KO my team or bring me down to my last pokemon(which is usually metagross).thanks in advance

Champion Jared 14

The battle arena is hard for me, I can't even win on round 6 because of hax, and I think my teams are great. The problem is that everyone says that the order of your team is key, and I try to do that, but I get haxxored to death after round 5.

I have an adamant shedinja, but I has no silver wind, and how did you get confuse ray on it? Does it learn that move?

My shedinja DID help me win the gold symbol against Tucker with my metagross and Starmie. FYI people! The battle dome is the EASIEST and shortest path to a gold symbol at the battle frontier. I mean, think about it, all battles are one 2V2, and there's a first round, quarter final, semi final, and final match, and the tourney is DONE> 20 Battle for silver Tucker, and only 40 for gold Tucker, it doesn't get much quicker and easier than that...

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
speaking of hax...my regirock got confused in round 4 and hurt itself for all 3 turns and lost in judging my metagross got OHKO by walrein's sheer cold in round 4 or 5, both in arena...many more stories in other facilities but i think i would stop here. i still need help with arena...

yeah shedinja learns confuse ray at lv31

considering that battle dome i took 3-4 days to get the gold symbol from battle dome and beaten tucker the first time i see him...yeah battle dome is the easiest but pike is not hard too as you can just barge into any status room with aroma blissey and avoid as many battle as you can and 140 rooms will be done very swiftly.personally battle pike took me 4-5 days due to my "lucky" encounter with several tough trainers.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
ok no problem
blissey@leftovers
nature:bold
EV:252 hp 252 def 6 sp def
aromatherapy
softboiled
seismic toss
toxic/double team

metagross@shell bell
nature:bashful
EV:random EV distribution
substitute
double team
meteor mash
psychic

latias@lum berry
nature:naive
EV:random Ev distribution
psychic
surf
thunderbolt
ice beam

as you can see i gotten my gold pike symbol only when i started EV training pokemon so the last 2 were not properly EV trained. latios and metagross were randomly EV trained. latios was first in line to run from wild pokemon and deal with trainers.metagross was there to help out in double battles and used for its resistance to poison. blissey will only appear in battles to heal status conditions or when one of the other 2 members fainted. softboiled can heal others out of battle and then used in battle to regenerate the lost hp for blissey during battles. always go for the status room(when the woman says something about nostalgia) as it is a guarantee that the room will not require you to battle. in that room you will either get inflicted by status condition or get healed. lum berry can cure latias and blissey's aromatherapy can heal the others. if the lady says something about whispering, go into that room too as there is a 75% chance that it wont be a battle. if the lady says anything else then do not go into that room she described about. thats basically the way i play in battle pike

Champion Jared 14

Hm, lum berry? It's good for a place like the pyramid, and you can get plenty there, but in the pike, once it's used, it's gone, I'd use lefties for Lati@s, even though status affliction are lethal there, but if you've got that gold symbol, I may change my mind...

I ev train my best pokemon, and I've got a good metagross. My starmie is not fit for later rounds at all, since it gets pwned by avid earthquake users...

You've got the gold symbol there, right?

EDIT: I HATE THE STATUS rooms, is it good to go in them?

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
yeah i got the gold symbol. those are just the pokemon i used on the way to the gold symbol but you can replace lati@s and metagross with something else that have resistance to at least 1 status condition and/or is fast. yeah status rooms are great since you dont have to battle at all and aromatherapy of blissey can heal all status condition. by going to the room that the woman described as something nostalgic, there is a 100% chance that you dont have to battle and a 45-50% chance that at least 1 of your pokemon will get full healed. pike is pretty much like pyramid only shorter. if i am not wrong you can switch your party's arrangement in the pike at any point in time so just switch accordingly(like when everyone is afflicted with status put blissey first for aromatherapy etc.). your job in pike is to avoid as many battle as possible to maximise your chance of survival, much like pyramid too so you may want to consider tankers in your team but you need at least 1 fast pokemon to run from wild pokemon in the wild pokemon room.

Champion Jared 14

I was 2 challenges away from battle pyramid gold, and I lost on the ice pokemon round, number 8. The most rooms I've done in the pike is 109 in open level, and that was all luck, no skill. I guess no battling is good, cause I don't like status afflictions, but at the pike, I HATE to battle more. So, as soon as I get my Blissey, we'll see what happens...

My metagross doesn't really need the extra speed EV's that I gave it, it needs the defenses because later in the challenges, whenever I have to battle, there will be plenty of bulky waters with surf and rain dance, and MANY avid earthquake users. My metagross won't outspeed them, unless I use an agiligross...

Midnight Pulse

This is the third time I've lost to Spenser in the Battle Palace. My team is:

Solrock @ Hard Stone
Hardy
-Cosmic Power
-Rock Slide
-Solarbeam
-Explosion

Gardevoir @ Lax Incense
Calm
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis

Swampert @ Soft Sand
Impish
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

The first time I battled him my Swampert was unable to attack 4 times in a row, and I eventually lost. The second time my Gardevoir wouldn't stop using Calm Mind (which I took away), and lost to Lapras. The third time Crobat spammed Double Team, so I gave up. Is there anything I should do to my Pokemon to help?

DarkSwampert19

The poke' master
This is the third time I've lost to Spenser in the Battle Palace. My team is:

Solrock @ Hard Stone
Hardy
-Cosmic Power
-Rock Slide
-Solarbeam
-Explosion

Gardevoir @ Lax Incense
Calm
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Hypnosis

Swampert @ Soft Sand
Impish
-Waterfall
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

The first time I battled him my Swampert was unable to attack 4 times in a row, and I eventually lost. The second time my Gardevoir wouldn't stop using Calm Mind (which I took away), and lost to Lapras. The third time Crobat spammed Double Team, so I gave up. Is there anything I should do to my Pokemon to help?
Try to get your pokemon to learn super effective attack moves, that's what I did

Status
Not open for further replies.