• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier Help/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do I have to do to earn a symbol?

Mystic Gardevoir

You need to get a good team and do certain things for each battle stadiums.

For silver:

Battle Tower- 35 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Dome- 19 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pike- 28 rooms in a row (2 lots of rooms)
Battle Arena- 27 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle factory- 21 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Palace- 21 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pyramid- 21 floors in a row

For gold:

Battle Tower- 70 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Dome- 39 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pike- 140 rooms in a row (10 lots of rooms)
Battle Arena- 56 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle factory- 42 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Palace- 42 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pyramid- 70 floors in a row

I need help with choosing good pokémon for Battle frontier.

I have already got the Silver Luck Symbol and the Silver Spirits Symbol.

I need to know what would be a good team for the other Stadiums and what moves and items they should have. Please help me.

Last edited:

milotic111

<-- Solves any case!
starmie is overall good. and blissey is bst for pike and pyramid. i use muk heracross salamence blissey starmie and latios.

Tempest

Lord of The Storm
Hi guys, I was wondering, what's the best set for a CBmence? I'm thinking this:

Salamence@ Choice Band
Adamant
Intimidate
252 Atk/Spd, 6 HP
BB
RS
EQ
AA

Would this be good? TY and TTFN!

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Moltres- Flamethrower, Heatwave, Fly and Sky Attack.
Moltres is a bit iffy because he's only really effective with XD moves- I.E Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, and Extra Sensory. Unless you have XD I suggest you use a different fire pokemon like Blaziken, Houndoom, or Arcanine.

Machamp- Earth Quake, Bulk Up/Return(If choice band), Rock Slide, Cross Chop/Brick Break
You NEED variety. If you put two attacking moves of the same type on a pokemon you're just asking for trouble. Give Machamp ONE fighting move for STAB and then let him attack a broader range of opponents with Earth Quake and Rock Slide. Give him Return if you put Choice Band on him, otherwise give him Bulk Up.

Tyranitar- Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Dragon Dance (Gyarados>Dratini>Larvitar) Hyper Beam is crap. Don't use it. Tyranitar will make much better use of STABed Rock Slide then Crunch so Aerial Ace is better on him over Crunch. He's much better at attacking physically. Leave the special attacking to pokemon like Houndoom, Starmie, Sceptile, Espeon, etc.

Also, I'll tell you the Battle Dome Team I have too.

Venusaur- Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Magical Leaf (Roselia>Bulbasaur), Sludge Bomb
(Never Frenzy Plant for the same reason as Hyper Beam. It's crap and it'll screw you over more then help you.)

Kingdra- Ice Beam, Surf, Dragon Breath (Bagon>Horsea) and Rain Dance ALWAYS!

Ampharos- Thunder Bolt, Fire Punch, Thunder Wave, Light Screen/Safe Guard (Vulpix>Mareep)
ALWAYS have variety!

My corrections in this font.

You need to get a good team and do certain things for each battle stadiums.

For silver:

Battle Factory- 35 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Dome- 19 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pike- 28 rooms in a row (2 lots of rooms)
Battle Arena- 27 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle factory- 21 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Palace- 21 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pyramid- 21 floors in a row

For gold:

Battle Factory- 70 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Dome- 39 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pike- 140 rooms in a row (10 lots of rooms)
Battle Arena- 56 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle factory- 42 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Palace- 42 battles in a row (on single battle)
Battle Pyramid- 70 floors in a row

I need help with choosing good pokémon for Battle frontier.

I have already got the Silver Luck Symbol and the Silver Spirits Symbol.

I need to know what would be a good team for the other Stadiums and what moves and items they should have. Please help me.

You listed Battle Factory twice instead of Battle Tower.^^

-Judai

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
good noticing, judai.

change the first one in each list from factory to tower.

Moltres- Flamethrower, Heatwave, Fly and Sky Attack.
Moltres is a bit iffy because he's only really effective with XD moves- I.E Will-O-Wisp, Morning Sun, and Extra Sensory. Unless you have XD I suggest you use a different fire pokemon like Blaziken, Houndoom, or Arcanine.
Substitute / Sunny Day / Flamethrower / Wing Attack.

god knows why you mentioned Arcanine as a good fire type - it plain isn't.
Machamp- Earth Quake, Bulk Up/Return(If choice band), Rock Slide, Cross Chop/Brick Break
You NEED variety. If you put two attacking moves of the same type on a pokemon you're just asking for trouble. Give Machamp ONE fighting move for STAB and then let him attack a broader range of opponents with Earth Quake and Rock Slide. Give him Return if you put Choice Band on him, otherwise give him Bulk Up.
Rest / Sleep Talk / Cross Chop / Rock Slide.

or

Cross Chop / Rock Slide / Earthquake / Facade.

Bulk Up is meh.
Tyranitar- Aerial Ace, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Dragon Dance (Gyarados>Dratini>Larvitar) Hyper Beam is crap. Don't use it. Tyranitar will make much better use of STABed Rock Slide then Crunch so Aerial Ace is better on him over Crunch. He's much better at attacking physically. Leave the special attacking to pokemon like Houndoom, Starmie, Sceptile, Espeon, etc.
lol Aerial Ace.

Rock Slide / Earthquake / Dragon Dance / Ice Beam.
Venusaur- Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Magical Leaf (Roselia>Bulbasaur), Sludge Bomb
(Never Frenzy Plant for the same reason as Hyper Beam. It's crap and it'll screw you over more then help you.)
Razor Leaf is better and easier to get.
CH ftw.
Kingdra- Ice Beam, Surf, Dragon Breath (Bagon>Horsea) and Rain Dance ALWAYS!
Ice Beam + Dragonbreath on the same set?!
lol
Ice Beam's Power - 95.
Dragon Breath's Power - 60. After STAB - 90.
They both hit dragons as hard as each other, but Ice Beam is likely to OHKO them rather than 2HKO and paralyse.
Use;

Ice Beam / Surf / Rain Dance / Rest or Toxic.
Ampharos- Thunder Bolt, Fire Punch, Thunder Wave, Light Screen/Safe Guard (Vulpix>Mareep)
ALWAYS have variety!
Thunderbolt / Fire Punch / Substitute / Focus Punch.
variety =/

Mystic Gardevoir

I'm still a little confused. It would take far too long to get new pokémon of the same type but just change there attacks. I would much rather just get new pokémon altogether with good attacks.

So, can somone please tell me three new pokémon with good attacks that will be suitable for Battle Arena. Thank you.

When I say new, I don't meen from Heonn (Although they can be from Heonn) I meen new by ones I havn't mentioned.

Also, sorry for writing Factory twice. I have corrected it now.

.Vaati.

.:Guilty Love
These are the Teams I may use for the Battle Frontier's Battle Pyramid. So far, I have beaten the Battle Tower, Arena, Pike, and Dome with Latios/Swampert/Salamence.

Maze 1-7

Swampert @ Leftovers
-Earthquake
-Curse
-Rest
-Ice Beam

Claydol @ Scope Lens
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Ice Beam
-Explosion

Latios @ Focus Band
-Dragon Claw
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

The reason I choose to include two Ground-type Pokemon is because it prevents them from being Paralyzed by the Electric Pokemon there.

Maze 8-14

Metagross @ Choice Band
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide
-Explosion

Latios @ Scope Lens
-Dragon Claw
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

Blissey @ Leftovers
-Softboiled
-Aeromatherapy
-Toxic
-Ice Beam

Since the Second Round uses moves like Toxic, I decided to put Metagross in front to negate Poison type moves.

Maze 15-21

Metagross @ Choice Band
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Rock Slide
-Explosion

Lapras @ Leftovers
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Horn Drill
-Sheer Cold

Latios @ Scope Lens
-Dragon Claw
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Recover

I don't really know why I chose this team for the last round. The Lapras is a really interesting Pokemon, and can take advantage of being put to sleep.

Mystic Gardevoir

After using those 9 pokémon (3 rounds) did you get the symbol? How did you beat the regi's?

This is to Desperate Milotic.

I have just tought my Moltres the attacks that you recommended. My Machamp has Earthquake, Vital Throw, Cross Chop and Low Kick but not Rock Slide. Is there a TM that is Rock Slide? I have tried Heart Scales but he can't relearn it as he has never had it before. My Tyranitar doesn't have any of the moves that you recommended except Rock Slide. I have also tried Heart Scale with it but it can't learn them. Is there a TM for Outrage, Dragon Dance and Mega Kick? If so please tell me. Is it really essential that it has Dragon Dance? And could I teach it Dragon Claw instead of Outrage?

Last edited:

Jirachibow

#1 Munchlax Fan
I need some help on the pike queen's Milotic, I need to know what a good pokemon would be to use on it.I'm currently using Suicune on it, but I can't beat it.

Mystic Gardevoir

I used an Ampharos lvl 50 with thunderpunch, thundershock, thunderwave and thunder. I mainly used thunder and thunder punch.

Last edited:

Dark Sage Trevelyan

Vileplume & Tangela
To Mystic Gardevoir: "My Machamp has Earthquake, Vital Throw, Cross Chop and Low Kick but not Rock Slide. Is there a TM that is Rock Slide?"

If you have 48 BP, you can use them to buy Rock Slide in one of the Frontier buildings, I can't remember where exactly but it's out there.

Jirachibow

#1 Munchlax Fan
Rate my battle pike team:Dragonite Lv100, Outrage,Blizzard,Rain Dance,and thunderbolt-Suicune Lv100, Hydro Pump,Rain Dance,Mirror Coat,and Auroroa Beam-Metagross Lv100,Iron Defence,Psychic,Meteor Mash, and Rock Smash.

Grass Guardian

Rags to Riches
Substitute / Sunny Day / Flamethrower / Wing Attack.

god knows why you mentioned Arcanine as a good fire type - it plain isn't.
Wing Attack? o.0 God knows why you listed a move like that.

Rest / Sleep Talk / Cross Chop / Rock Slide.

or

Cross Chop / Rock Slide / Earthquake / Facade.

Bulk Up is meh.
What's wrong with Bulk Up? That's like saying Calm Mind is "meh," which it isn't.
lol Aerial Ace.

Rock Slide / Earthquake / Dragon Dance / Ice Beam.

Special T-tar sucks. Like I said, leave the special attacking to special based pokemon. Aerial Ace is for the grass pokemon. After a couple Dragon Dances he's not gonna need Ice Beam for anything.

Razor Leaf is better and easier to get.
CH ftw.
That's all preference. I like Magical Leaf over Razor Leaf because it's a little stronger (When not counting RL's critical hits) and it's always reliable.

Ice Beam + Dragonbreath on the same set?!
lol
Ice Beam's Power - 95.
Dragon Breath's Power - 60. After STAB - 90.
They both hit dragons as hard as each other, but Ice Beam is likely to OHKO them rather than 2HKO and paralyse.
Use;

Ice Beam / Surf / Rain Dance / Rest or Toxic.

Dragon Breath is for other water pokemon and Kingdras.

Thunderbolt / Fire Punch / Substitute / Focus Punch.
variety =/

Meh, I'm not one for mixed sets. The only mixed set I like is on Blaziken, Venasaur, and Over Heat Flareon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.