• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier Help/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champion Jared 14

Sure, if you could be lucky enough to get there. The team assemblage isn't that hard, it's the hax, and the extreme bad luck. Try going up against a powerful trainer with a team of all frozen pokemon.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I think for the very first challenges of Battle Frontier a nice Belly Drum Linoone is good =D

Linoone@Chesto Berry
Adamant
252 Atk/252 Speed/6 HP or Def
Return
Shadow Ball
Belly Drum
Rest

Belly drum and sweep. Goes insanely fast through the first 3-5 challenges, then replace with Salamence or something. If you're lucky like me, then this thing OHKO's Frontier brains' pokemon =D

Then again, who has little prediction skills shouldn't bother, because sometimes just weakening the foe is much better than Belly Drumming and then losing a poke.

Hi,

I'm trying to get those awesome berries at the battle frontier. I've made some EV trained 'super pokemon', but somehow I don't always succeed in getting to the leader. Beating the leaders is easy, but getting there...

note: most of my pokemon were cloned at lvl50 after ev training and rare candy elevating for the lvl100 that I use in the battle frontier.

Currently I'm fighting with this team:

Heracross, -Salac berry
EQ
Rock Slide
Megahorn
Brick Break
Admant nature, fully ev-trained on speed and attack

Latios, -Soul Dew (when allowed)/Shell bell/Leftovers
Psychic
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover
Timid nature, no ev-training so it's a bit mixed up

Tyranitar, -Focus band
Crunch
EQ
Rock Slide
Protect
Hasty nature, same story as Latios

strategy:

Well I mostly start with Heracross. His speed and attack and his moveset make sure most enemies will die without losing any hitpoints. However, when those ennoying faster pokemon with Aerial Ace come in I'll have to switch him. Also the boosted Special Attack pokemon with the many hitpoints are a big pain in the *** for this fellow.

This is when Latios or Tyranitar comes in. The type circulation of Dark, Psychic, Fighting and the missing ghost works pretty good. Latios has a deadly special attack and speed, his spec.def. and def. are good enough to lose little life which can be easily restored with Recover against a week oponent. Tyranitars 'Sand Stream' ability is a perfect match with heracross' power. This powerfull beetle will usually leave the oponent with a lack of Hitpoints before fainting and than Sand Stream + Protect handle the remaining hitpoints without losing them yourself.

I also have some other lvl100 instock that I could use:

Metagross, Timid nature - mixed ev's
Salamence, Quiet nature - mixed ev's
Latias, Quiet nature - mixed ev's
Lapras, Modest nature - max hitpoints and spec.attack
Gyarados, Adamant nature - Max speed and attack
and some weak ones I'm not gonna post.

Next/upcoming projects:

Snorlax
Weezing
Zangoose
Swampert - not sure about this one yet
Salamence (The one I have has the wrong nature and EV training)
Smeargle (with the Spore, Endure, Endeavor, QA/Extremespeed -strategy)
Skarmory
Shedinja
Starmy!!!
(Gengar and Dugtrio, but I'll have to trade them from a friend and XD)

I'd like to hear some tips for my team. New strategies with my upcoming pokemon are welcome too.

For Afwasmiddel:

Heracross shouldn't have Salac, if he isn't substituter/reversaler. I would recommend Reversal-Heracross, because tricks like SubPunching and such work well for BF. Reversal, Endure/Substitute, Megahorn, Swords Dance, Salac Berry equiped.

Standard Latios would be this: Calm Mind, Dragon Claw, Safeguard/Refresh, Recover, with Soul Dew. Though, variety is good in BT (because you only have 3 Pokémon), so you could use some other offensive moves, like the ones that are in our moveset now.

Tyranitar just can't wait for the Sandstorm to do it's job. You can look up many sets from Smogon.

I'm too tired to say something about the Pokémon you're going to use in the future. Anyways, this is my new, improved team for Battle Frontier. It works best in Battle Tower Singles.

Breloom (male) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Spore Effect
Adamant nature
6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
~ Spore
~ Focus Punch
~ Swords Dance
~ Mach Punch

Kingdra (male) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SpA, 6 Spe
~ Rain Dance
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Toxic

Blissey (female) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold nature
EVs: 152 HP, 252 Def, 106 SpA
~ Softboiled
~ Seismic Toss
~ Toxic
~ Ice Beam

Breloom starts the fight. He uses Spore, might use Swords Dance (depending on the situation) and uses Focus Punch. Spore again, if the opponent wakes up. If I'm sure he'll beat the opponent with Mach Punch (after a couple of SDs), I'll use it. If the opponent is faster than Breloom and has a move, that's super effective, I'll switch to Kingdra or Blissey to wall it off. Lum Berry, because I'm afraid paralyze will cut Breloom's speed and burn will slice his attack.

Kingdra probably starts with Rain Dance (especially if the opponent is faster), Swift Swim will turn on and then I will sweep with Surf (power is x1.5, thanks to Rain Dance) or Ice Beam. Toxic is a filler. Shell Bell to take advantage of the big hits Kingdra does.

Blissey is the wall. I switch to her, if Kingdra or Breloom is going to get hit by a special super effective -move. She also takes physical hits well and restores the damage she has taken with Softboiled. In a hard situation I use Toxic and continue using Sofboiled, until the opponent faints. I don't need to explain, why Leftovers is there.

Last edited:
I think one Salamence should be able to wipe out you whole team :S
And if the enemy also uses a snorlax or heracross in her team they would easily beat Blissy's wall of hitpoints.

I don't like toxic in the bf, but your Blissey could use Protect instead of using softboiled all the time. Just switch between the two when the foe is poisoned. Softboiled is better when the enemy's attack is weaker than softboiled heals you, but protect makes sure you won't face a critical hit which can wipe out Blissey in one hit. Actually I think Blissey's suck anyway

Sorry about this double post but I wanna be noticed: I just Nabbed the ol' Entei, Brave Nature (lvl50). What do you guys reckon of this movelist: Body Slam/Return, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solarbeam. Body Slam because of its nature, FT for STAB, Sunny Day as a Defensive and power-up for FT and Solarbeam because of the no Power-up before attacking (due to S.D.) The Evs, 100 in everything except speed, 10. That way, its wicked, no EV train, and it brings out the best of this beast. This is what is gonna be used to Battle Brandon. I wanna use Solarbeam on Regirock for a OHKO, Flamethrower for OHKO Registeel, Flamethrower for Regiice, any HP left for that fat ice cube will be brick breaked by my Heracross.

I hate to tell you this but Entei WILL NOT WORK!
Brandon was smart enough to teach his regirock earthquake and ancientpower

I faced Brandon so I know

Blissey OHKOes Salamence, while it probably won't and if Salamence doesn't have Dragon Claw, I can sweep with Kingdra.

Seriously, no Protect. Usually Blissey restores more than the opponent gives and I'm ready to take the chance of critical hit. Protect would take an important spot in the moveset.

Blissey doesn't suck, whatever you think doesn't change it. I don't like either, but she seems to be the best option here.

I'll play with this team more and then analyse, what I should change (if anything).

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
Hiya. :)

I just wanted to now if this team will get creamed or not at the BF.

Houndoom @ Petaya Berry (I have XD, I can get one)
Mild
Planned EVs: 170 Spd 20 ATK 220 SA (the ATK EVs were on accident -_-; )
Planned moves:
Flamethrower
Smog (No, I will not replace with Willow-wisp)
Crunch
Endure/Protect (Filler)
(Working on this one now)

Blissey @ Leftovers
??? (Un bred for)
Planned EVs: 255 SD 255 HP
Moves:
Seismic Toss
Toxic/ThunderWave
Softboiled
Refresh/Metronome

Sableye@King's Rock
???
Planned EVs: 170 HP 170 SD 170 DEF
Fake Out
Detect
Recover
Taunt

I might replace Sableye with something else, though I haven't decided what.
I might except the Regi's and the birds. I have acess to a completed FR, so yeah.
Tips are very welcomed. :)

Ammako

I would use Flygon with Earthquake for Seviper, Zapdos/Raikou for Milotic (Use Charge if you feel the need to) and anything that can take out Shuckle (THat one is really hard, high defences)

A pokémon with the ability immunity is quite handfull too, like Snorlax or Zangoose. I would schoose Zangoose for Shuckle, but Snorlax could take him down too.

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
Hiya. :)

I just wanted to now if this team will get creamed or not at the BF.

Houndoom @ Petaya Berry (I have XD, I can get one)
Mild
Planned EVs: 170 Spd 20 ATK 220 SA (the ATK EVs were on accident -_-; )
Planned moves:
Flamethrower
Smog (No, I will not replace with Willow-wisp)
Crunch
Endure/Protect (Filler)
(Working on this one now)

Blissey @ Leftovers
??? (Un bred for)
Planned EVs: 255 SD 255 HP
Moves:
Seismic Toss
Toxic/ThunderWave
Softboiled
Refresh/Metronome

Sableye@King's Rock
???
Planned EVs: 170 HP 170 SD 170 DEF
Fake Out
Detect
Recover
Taunt

I might replace Sableye with something else, though I haven't decided what.
I might except the Regi's and the birds. I have acess to a completed FR, so yeah.
Tips are very welcomed. :)

for houndoom: you may want to rebreed it to get a more beneficial nature and perfect EVs of max SA and speed but if you don't, max out your speed EV and replace smog with solar beam and the last slot with sunny day.Petaya berry is ok for houndoom

for blissey(1 of my fav annoyer in emerald):i personally like double team instead of refresh/metronome for total annoyance but if you don't want that maybe aromatherapy will do for support in battle pike and pyramid.get a calm natured blissey

sableye is actually quite a weak pokemon so dont use it even though he dont have any weakness. try starmie, my personal fav as a sweeper.

Starmie@Scope Lens
Modest
EV:252SA 252 Speed 6Hp
Moves:
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
for houndoom: you may want to rebreed it to get a more beneficial nature and perfect EVs of max SA and speed but if you don't, max out your speed EV and replace smog with solar beam and the last slot with sunny day.Petaya berry is ok for houndoom

for blissey(1 of my fav annoyer in emerald):i personally like double team instead of refresh/metronome for total annoyance but if you don't want that maybe aromatherapy will do for support in battle pike and pyramid.get a calm natured blissey

sableye is actually quite a weak pokemon so dont use it even though he dont have any weakness. try starmie, my personal fav as a sweeper.

Starmie@Scope Lens
Modest
EV:252SA 252 Speed 6Hp
Moves:
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Calm Natured Blissey, got it.

Thanks for the tip on Starmie, but I already have a SpecialSweeper, Houndoom.

For Sableye, I might replace it with a Skarmory or:
Salamence@QuickClaw/FocusBand/SalacBerry/LiechiBerry
EVs: 250 ATK 252 SPD 8 HP
Jolly/Lonely
Aerial Ace
EarthQuake
Iron Tail
FILLER!!!

Or another Physical Sweeper

ccooldduecool

Wi-Fi W16 L5 Res: 9
Okay i need help with my team:
1. Who should i drop in which battle frontier area.
2. Are the builds good enough?
3. all pkmn are lvl 76 for now.
4. The Items to hold

Blaziken
Bulk Up
Sky Uppercut
Aerial Ace
Fire Blast

Wobbuffet~!
Mirror Coat
Destiny Bond
Encore
Counter

Swampert
Protect
Ice beam
Earth-Quake
Surf

Secptile
Leaf Blade
Brick Break
Earthquake
False Swipe ( Not used in Battle frontier though what should i replace it with? )

Champion Jared 14

Um, I'm lazy but I think the Endure/revving combo works nicely with blaze, and I throw in Rock slide and overheat for support against flyers and STAB for overheat.

Wobbufet is uber, and I don't like using him at all. Besides, they are NO help for victory at the battle arena, or imagine using one at the palace... gasps...

Swampy is okay, for a mixed sweeper set, I'd replace proect with rock slide.

Sceptile can work wonders in the BF if it's trained well. I like mine's modest, 252/252 sp atk spd and 4 hp with the all out special sweeper set, Crunch, leaf blade, thunderpunch, and dragon claw.

crazymoose

Tailow!
in the battle palace a lot of times when i am fighting it says that my pokemon (especially my relaxed ludicolo) are incapable of using their moves. why and how can i stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.