• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier Help/Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemanyak

Little VoltTackler
He tries to use a defensive move but he doesn't have one. You can train another Ludicolo with proper nature. (Natures decide what your pokemon will use)

Champion Jared 14

yes, natures influence how capable your pokes will be there.

crazymoose

Tailow!
so two of my six pokemon are level 51 and the rst are level fifty. i can't use those two unless i go in open level for the battle frontier but everybody else in open level in lvl 60. my question is should i raise my whole team to level 60 or just not use those two?

by the way the 2 lvl 51's are hairyama and dusclops, 2 pokemon that would really help me beat the salon maiden (duslops for alakazam and hariyama for the other 2)

Champion Jared 14

No matter what, it's up to you, but any team you use should all have identical levels. I prefer using salamence, blissey, and starmie for Anabel going silver, but that's just me.

PsychicNinetales

Pokemon Breeder
For Bradons PKMN i jus used my Blaziken..... Flamethrower, Earthquake, Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick.... Holding Stirus Berry.... Used Sky Uppercut on Regirock, Flamethrower on Regice and Earthquake on Registeel... Registeel stayed alive and use Earthquake to KO Blaziken, so i use Swampert's Mud Shot and i won..... My Frontier PKMN are Blaziken: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Sky Uppercut, Blaze Kick..... Swampert knowing Mud Shot, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Surf,..... and Sceptile knowing Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Toxic and Arieal Ace

PsychicNinetales

Pokemon Breeder
Hitmonchan works well, or Hitmontop if your up for the risk and if your really wanting a fighting PKMN I use Medicham just cause Psychic is helpful beating the crap out of other fighting types

PsychicNinetales

Pokemon Breeder
Cheating in the Battle Tower

Ok so you know those morons who want you to help them and you become their mentor.... Do all of them.... as many as you can..... you meet them in the singles so rather than make them strong opponents, make them weak..... really weak.... then remember what PKMN they have and choose a team to beat them all..... after 21 rounds you'll face the Salon Maiden and beating her is easy, just watch out for Snorlax ;munchlax;

Champion Jared 14

Yes, but up to silver anabel, I've almost never seen my apprentice, I've had to rely on great strategy, and the appearance of a trainer with a weak team, so... PEOPLE! Please keep this thread alive!! Some people still need help here!

I don't want to be an ***hole and screw over my fictional apprentices. I try to help them as much as possible, but they usually still turn out pretty bad, so no worries there.

I have updated my team (again)!

Marowak (f) @ Thick Club
Trait: Rock Head
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 SpD
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Double-Edge
- Rock Slide

Kingdra (m) @ Shell Bell
Trait: Swift Swim
Modest nature
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 SpA, 6 Spd
- Rain Dance
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Toxic

Venusaur (m) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 130 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Marowak starts because of the variety. He can harm anything and won't probably get killed in the first turn. I'll switch her to something else to sponge it, if she's in a dangerous situation (water, ice, grass, etc). No speed-EVs, because she needs to take as much hits as possible, not outspeed others and load up with Swords Dance (she doesn't even have it).

This is copied from my previous post: Kingdra probably starts with Rain Dance (especially if the opponent is faster), Swift Swim will turn on and then I will sweep with Surf (power is x1.5, thanks to Rain Dance) or Ice Beam. Toxic is a filler. Shell Bell to take advantage of the big hits Kingdra does.

Venusaur puts things to sleep, uses Leech Seed, continues stalling with Sleep Powder and Synthesis and if there's some time for it, Sludge Bomb will do some extra damage. The main thing is to wait for Leech Seed to sap the opponents HP slowly. I haven't played with him much yet, but I hope he does good job.

PsychicNinetales, please, don't douple- or triplepost. You can put it all in one message or edit new stuff to your last message, if nobody else has posted after you.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

that actually looks like a good team though. But I know that there are two rooms that most experts of the battle pike choose, but I'd like to know what those are. Does anybody know?

crazymoose

Tailow!
i keep coming back here sorry lol. but i just beat the factory leader and now have 51 bp, enough for one of the elemental punches. now it took me forever to get this many bp's, so i need to choose carefully. which do you think i should do now, teach fire punch to ludicolo (who has ice beam, surf, giga drain and waterfall[will be replaced]) or teach thunder punch to sceptile (who ahs leaf blade, dragon claw, aerial ace and screech [will be replaced])? so fire or thunder punch first???

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
that actually looks like a good team though. But I know that there are two rooms that most experts of the battle pike choose, but I'd like to know what those are. Does anybody know?
i dont think im an expert at pike but i choose the status condition room since i bring pokemon that resists some status conditions and an aromatherapy blissey

i keep coming back here sorry lol. but i just beat the factory leader and now have 51 bp, enough for one of the elemental punches. now it took me forever to get this many bp's, so i need to choose carefully. which do you think i should do now, teach fire punch to ludicolo (who has ice beam, surf, giga drain and waterfall[will be replaced]) or teach thunder punch to sceptile (who ahs leaf blade, dragon claw, aerial ace and screech [will be replaced])? so fire or thunder punch first???
its ok to ask questions if you are in doubt thats the only way to improve...

IMO get thunderpunch for sceptile since sceptile is better at sweeping than ludicolo

by the way, if you need battle points desperately you could go to battle pyramid which gives you 5 bp every round

Last edited:

Escheria

Ray Tracer
But I know that there are two rooms that most experts of the battle pike choose, but I'd like to know what those are. Does anybody know?

Haha, experts of Battle Pike...
Imo, the best bets in the Battle Pike are the rooms, where there's either a trainer(80%)/the full healing (20%) or the wild pokemon(80%)/double battle(20%)... also, the room with trainer who's not battling or a tough trainer is often worth going in aswell.

I use my standard team and stay away from the status room, no matter what >.<.

Champion Jared 14

Hmm, no matter what huh? I go in that room only if all my team is afflicted with problems, but I just wanna avoid as many battles as possible. My starmie doesn't have the best defense of bulky waters, but I helped me as my last pokemon clear the last 3-5 floors of the trapper round in the pyramid.

crazymoose

Tailow!
im going up against the battle pike leader for the silver symbol and i was wondering who i should use. i am for sure using hariyama (eq for seviper) and ludicolo (always beats the e4 milotic for me). but im not sure else. i was hoping that ludicolo could so some surf damage on shuckle before dying but then switch to who?

and should i give hariyama focus band or persim berry, since seviper always uses swagger i thought i could work it to my advantage

MAGAX

Symbol Hunter
E4 milotic??*lucy milotic...keep in mind that BF pokemon are like semi-competitive pokemon just that they are controlled by AI.

anyway,with hariyama's attack you should be able to OHKO sevy.save ludiculo for shuckle unless milo has killed your other 2.maybe you should consider a pokemon with toxic against milo.your best bet would be blissey as she could out tank milo easily with her sp def and insane hp.if you do not have access to FR/LG then dusclops would be the next best.just toxic milo, seismic toss(for blissey) and tank until milo goes down and shuckle would be a piece of cake.

crazymoose

Tailow!
ok so ill use dusclops to toxic them...but shuckle has rest. so he can just heal up. and yeah i meant that i used my ludicolo to take down the E4's milotic so i think he can take down hers too

Champion Jared 14

^^^Thank you crazymoose for keeping this thread alive! Going for gold lucy, starting over from the first round now after losing to a heracross' megahorn... Gosh, I HATE fighting that thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.