• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier RMT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody,

I recently decided to pick up Platinum after a two-year hiatus. I guess it got a little too easy after I sicced the Creation Trio and Arceus on those poor Elite 4 members...

Anyhow, I've had a change of heart regarding my team for the Battle Tower, etc. I was wondering if my team of choice could get a quick rating.

1. Electivire (Thunder; Giga Impact; Thunderbolt; Focus Blast).
2. Tyranitar (Earthquake; Stone Edge; Hyper Beam; Dark Pulse).
3. Metagross (Meteor Mash; Hammer Arm; Hyper Beam; Psychic).
4. Gyarados (Blizzard; Hyper Beam; Hydro Pump; Surf).
5. Garchomp (Draco Meteor; Dragon Rush; Take Down; Dig).

6. Here is the big one - I'm stuck between Magmortar and Arcanine! (They're equally easy to acquire, for me--for Arcanine, I can use the dual slot with FireRed; for Magmortar, I can download the Heated Gift from PBR).

I've seen arguments for both sides, and I personally don't think the difference in their Base Stat Totals is that significant. My main question is whether the other Pokemon on my team would help cushion any major differences, between the two.

I just want to make sure I get the best advice before putting time into training them, as I intend to raise everyone to Level 100. Please note that this is a tentative Attacks list, as well--I'm open to suggestions. I'm sure there are too many Hyper Beams--for now, I'm just using them as easy "place holders" until better suggestions are given.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.