• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier Team Help

Sceptile0111

Hi there everyone!

I have been off-and-on attempting the Battle Frontier since, well...pretty much '05 when the game was released, and have yet to earn myself a gold symbol. Right now I'm tackling the Battle Tower, but my record thus far is only 46.

Starmie, Shell Bell
Modest
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Typhlosion, Leftovers
Quirky
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Double Team
-Toxic
-Thunderpunch
-Flamethrower

Regice, Chesto Berry
Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 112 Def, 64 SpA, 60 SpD, 20 Speed
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rest
-Double Team

Usually Starmie takes out whatever it can, for Electric-types I switch in to Regice. Typhlosion will Toxic any heal-stallers (or Flamethrower to burn those pesky Immunity Snorlax) and then DT to out-stall. Otherwise, it can usually sweep whatever Starmie doesn't. Thanks in advance for any comments/criticism!

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm going to move this to the Ingame Rate My Team section for you, as that's where this stuff belongs.

I'm not too sure on the apparent overreliance on Double Team, btw. That's a bit gimmicky and two Pokemon having it is also odd. It makes more sense if you were using a bulkier Pokemon that Typhlosion to Toxic-stall; as it is Fire is not very good defensively, and Typhlosion doesn't have much in the way of defence either (it's not bad, but nor is it great).

Sceptile0111

Thanks for the input, bobandbill! Yeah, Typhlosion is a bit of a wild-card for me; I wanted a Fire-type to take care of any pesky Grass and Steel-types but also a Toxic staller for the inevitable walls Regice can't deal with, but to be honest I'm definitely looking for better suggestions to replace him. Any ideas for a good complement to Starmie and Regice? Maybe one of them should be changed around/switched out as well?

Murt

Arcanine isn't a bad choice, base stats are speed and special attack. Also has a pretty damn good amount of hp.

If you really want to replace Typhlosion. Your team looks pretty solid, nice choices by the way.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I don't think you really need a fire type at the frontier. Typhlosion deals with Metagross and Scizor and that's basically it. There aren't really any threatening grass types out there, and Typhlosion is also not built in terms of raw stats to actually get away with stalling (especially not against walls like Calm Mind + Rest Suicune). I think it would be wise to swap Typhlosion with a physical pokémon. Try something like Salamence, Tyranitar, or Metagross.

Last edited: