1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battle frontier team.

Discussion in '3rd Gen RMT' started by Diyesy, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Diyesy

Diyesy Member

I need help with my battle frontier team, I have two Pokemon that I worked really hard to get, all are level 100.

Tyranitar
    nature: Lonely
    Ivs: all are 31
    Evs: 252 HP,252 atk, 6 spe

Stats:
    HP: 404
    Atk: 403
    Def: 230
    Sp atk: 226
    Sp def: 236
    Spe: 159

Moves:
    Earthquake
    Dragon dance
    Rock slide
    Aerial ace.

Blissey
    nature: sassy
    Ivs: 31 all
    Evs: 252 HP, 252 sp def, 6 def

Stats:
    HP: 714
    Atk: 56
    Def: 57
    Sp atk: 186
    sp def: 405
    Spe: 131

Moves:
    Aromatherapy
    Soft boil
    Icebeam
    Seismic toss

Really need a third Pokemon or if any if mine don't suit then please say and give suggestions. In patient so I can take the time to raise new Pokemon if need be and I also own fire red, leaf green, ruby and sapphire so getting the Pokemon is easy. Thanks

2. Sceptile Leaf Blade

Sceptile Leaf Blade Nighttime Guardian

I don't think it is wise to run Blissey and Tyranitar on the same team, you create a massive fighting weakness as well as a weakness to Metagross, Scizor, Claydol, Donphan, Swampert, and others. You can't counter them all with a single pokémon. Especially Dome Ace Tucker will walk all over you. Go with Blissey in the Pyramid to heal the rest of the team (Max HP Softboiled rocks there, curing 142 HP to the rest of the team), but I'd recommend going with sweepers on the other facilities.

To accompany Tyranitar, I'd recommend a special sweeper. Latios does a good job getting rid of fighting types with STAB Psychic and can also deal with water types using Thunderbolt. It has some trouble with Ice Beam Swampert though. Calm Mind Latias also works well, taking Ice Beams better and is able to deal with Fighting types as well as water types.

Latias
    Bold nature
    252 Speed, 252 HP, 4 Def
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover
    Beware of opposing Lati-twins and Outrage Dragonite though. Latios generally takes better care of those with powerful Dragon Claws.

Latios
    Modest nature
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Psychic
    -Dragon Claw
    -Thunderbolt
    -Surf

All-out-attacker Latios wreaks havoc. With a lot of resistances, a ground immunity, high speed, high special attack, and good coverage it is a good attacker. Psychic is STAB and destroys Heracross and Gengar, Dragon Claw is there to cover Lati-twins, Flygon, Salamence, and Dragonite. It OHKO's Flygon and Salamence, and 2KO's Lati-twins and Dragonite. Thunderbolt kills water types, 2KOing most bulky ones like Milotic, and Surf is there to cover Tyranitar, Steelix, Houndoom, Donphan, and Claydol.

Alternatively, go with Gengar:

Gengar
    Modest nature
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
    -Psychic
    -Thunderbolt
    -Fire Punch
    -Ice Punch / Giga Drain

Giga Drain deals with Swampert, I think it's a OHKO. Thunderbolt deals with Waters, Fire Punch deals with Metagross, and Psychic is there to destroy fighting types like Heracross (I think it's a 2KO against Heracross, Machamp, and Hariyama due to lack of STAB). Gengar has the advantage of getting Fire Punch and immunity to Normal, Fighting, and Ground moves, but it lacks a power move because it doesn't get any STAB, and it is very fragile. Thunderbolt 2KO's most water types like Tentacruel, Milotic, and Blastoise and I think it is a 3KO at worst against Suicune.