• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Frontier

CRUSH10055

サイダーを飲んでる人
Battle Frontier Team (First)

I've recently made a Battle Tower team. I would like some suggestions to make my team better.

154.png

Meganium
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 HP / 80 Defense / 176 Sp. Defense
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Energy Ball
- Toxic

This guy is most annoying in my team. Reflect and Light Screen decreases opponent's attack and Toxic poisons opponent's Pokemon.

157.png

Typhlosion
Item: Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Extrasensory [HGSS Egg Move]
- Substitute

My Special Sweeper. This guy has Hidden Power Electric to deal with Water type Pokemon.

160.png

Feraligatr
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

My Physical Sweeper. Dragon Dance increases his Attack and Speed.

AlCario

Banned
Put Light Clay on Meganium; it increases the duration of its dual screens

Try this on Typhlosion:

Typhlosion
Item: Wise Glasses/Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
- Eruption
- Hidden Power Grass
- Focus Blast
- Flamethrower

Eruption when HP's on full, Flamethrower after it takes a hit. HP Grass takes care of those nasty Water/Rock/Ground types, while Focus Blast gets some nice coverage.

Feraligatr looks fine. Just consider Leftovers over Life Orb.

I agree with Light Clay on Meganium, it's the better option here since Typhlosion needs the Leftovers. Keep Life Orb on Feraligatr.

As for Typhlosion... Hm. The MixScarf set is better on it that the SpecialScarf set, since Earthquake > Focus Blast. However, since I like the idea of using Substitute to protect it in the frontier from OHKO spammers, this set would be best I feel.

Typhlosion @Leftovers
Naive
- Substitute
- Fire Blast/Flamethrower
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Electric/Grass/Ice

The only thing I'm unsure about is the EVs, but I'm sure someone else can help there.