• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Haxway

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesRaynor

If I recall the odds change a bit when in the battle subway, the better you're doing the more the game 'compensates' for it. In addition to stronger opponents it also seems to change the odds that moves will hit or not. Let's also not forget that the frontier leaders have infinite PP too.

Personally I don't see why they bother to put in 'random' change mechanics, I mean if a move is not overpowered simply because you have to be 'lucky' with it is not good design.

Last edited:
Why is this thread actually called

Battle haxway? i dont understand its meaning really.

Hax in this case is super good luck in the opponent's favor.

Mr. pokedude

Shadow the Ghost-Hog
I got up to Ingo or whoever it is on the single train first try. Tried again and got flogged.

When I first tried to beat the Subway Boos on the non-super single train, my problem wasn't hax. Just for some stupid reason, I used a physical move to take the last one HP out of his Sturdy Crustle...even though I already had reason to suspect he held a Rocky Helmet! That was why I lost the match. The next time, I won because his Klinklang kept on using Gear Shift and didn't attack me!

Soot-Fox

I use focus blast alot and it seems to hit more often most off the time and its supposed to
be 70 whereas my night daze missis alomost as often at 95 ?

I was on a subway run and out of nowhere an Archen destroys my Sigilyph and my Servine.

Then my Throh defeats it the following Herier and loses to a darn Yamask

...WHY COULD I FACCE A POKEMON THROH WOULD OF BEEN ABLE TO HURT!!!

I'll try it again later tonight...

My team is tougher for teh results might be better

Doomdoom

I made it to 28win streak so far with a trick room team in the super double.
My team is Porygon2, Conkledurr with Guts and flame orb, ferrethorn and darmanitan

yeminied

I somehow managed to beat Emmet and Ingo in that double battle line with Hilda.

She used an offensive team, her Haxorus took out three out of their four Pokémon. It was funny seeing the AI partner doing something for a change and not screwing me over.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
I think what gets me the most about the Battle Subway or any Battle Frontier-style area is that you can't just casually beat it. You HAVE to EV-train and all this stuff to even stay in the higher standings. I like a good challenge, but not if it takes forever to prepare for it.

On that note, I have at least beat the Normal Single Train with my team of casually-raised Pokemon after only 3 attempts. Even then, I mainly only do the easier fights in that same train so I can garner BP for items. I tried the Super Single Train, and I didn't even make it past the first Trainer's Cradily with that same team.

Furthermore, I too have had some accounts where the computer just gets so much luck hax it's stupid. I recall one battle where the enemy used Protect 5 times in a row without failing...all the while my Pokemon died to Toxic. It's one reason I carry a Steel type with me at all times now (thank you, Scizor).

I got grumpy the other day and decided to make a singles team to farm bp off the single line. I'm using a Hasty Mixmence, an Impish skarmory, and a conkledurr. they seem to get the job done, though I'm thinking of using a haxorus so I can attempt to 1 shot most opponents. I need an opinion; should I go with a choice band or a life orb?

Final

I Submit to No One
I got grumpy the other day and decided to make a singles team to farm bp off the single line. I'm using a Hasty Mixmence, an Impish skarmory, and a conkledurr. they seem to get the job done, though I'm thinking of using a haxorus so I can attempt to 1 shot most opponents. I need an opinion; should I go with a choice band or a life orb?

Just make sure Haxorus has Mold Breaker as his ability (because Rivalry is unreliable and if you don't get the boost from it, Haxorus won't hit hard since it'll get weakened), an Adamant nature and is using Dragon Dance with Life Orb. Salamence can do sort of the same set but with a Fire move for stuff like Skarmory but being able to Earthquake Levitators thanks to Mold Breaker is very nice. It also blasts annoying Study Pokemons. Also make sure you have something that can get past Skarmory because Haxorus won't be getting past it with anything barring a +2 Life Orb or +3 Outrage.

May I suggest type diversity?

I think I was refering to Sigilyph, Throh and Servine.

I tihnk I'll try again but this time with my Sigilyph, Scolipede and Throh

Bariosu

I've lost so far to a Leavanny, Sawsbuck and iirc a Garchomp.
I think the first 2 losses annoyed me alot since they shouldn't be have been too hard to take down.

I;ve yet to fight something that induces sleep. I have a feeling a Musharna would ruin my day.

I think I was refering to Sigilyph, Throh and Servine.

I tihnk I'll try again but this time with my Sigilyph, Scolipede and Throh

Those aren't exactly strong Pokémon ... Servine ? Didn't you mean Serperior ? I'm assuming they aren't EV trained, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.