• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Island Finale - The Discussion Thread

Teebird

I don't know if you saw Jay, but I changed my Monferno to a Poliwhirl, so I don't need the Poliwag reserve anymore. :p

Also, this weeks good for me, not sure about anyone other than Double-Oh.

Jay star

Coordinator Lover

Double-oh-Platypus

I feel kind of dumb with only one Pokemon but I figure that Alice will be so bada** that she totally blew the competition away with just Pikachu but now she needs a few more Pokemon for her party :p Haha.

EDIT: My 1,300 post :D

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
Just to say, I've decided to switch my Chikorita for a Mantyke. I'll also be keeping up with what I had done last time, where only one of my Pokémon actually evolves, and that'll be Kirlia who evolves. None of the others will.

Jay star

Coordinator Lover
Ok everyone, just to let you know I have posted the first post in the rpg.

Oh Jacob, could you edit the first post to say the rule that everyone must wait for 2 people to posts between each of their posts.

Example: Red = good blue = BAD
Jay Star
alteredegox
Double-oh-Platypus
Jay Star
Skeith

Jay Star

EDIT:

So..... Whats going on guys :p Anyone gonna post in RPG? lol

Heres the link or theres also a link in my signature ^^

treespyro

Vintage much?
I'll post soon, don't worry.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Reposting a previous idea because it got lost in the page turn. Still looking for thoughts:

Here's an idea that popped into my head recently: we could do many of these ideas put together (scavenger hunt, catching contest, contests, Pokéathlon, etc.) as one round, but with multiple events within the round. You would earn points based on how well you did in the events and/or the quality of your posts (determined by Jay/lieutenants), with however many of the bottom-ranked competitors being eliminated.

Also, Skillfulness, your TC request is in the referenced post, if you missed it.

As a third thing, I hate to potentially take away a team member from MM, but I'm going to lay claim to catching an Munchlax right here and now.

Another question: I was thinking of eventually picking up a fossil Pokémon. What would be the best way to handle that? The best I can come up with would be to find the fossil, then transfer it to a lab elsewhere for revival, with the revived Pokémon being sent back the next RP day or something. The alternative is, would it be alright to assume that a few were released onto the island for the competition's sake, or is there potentially a fossil-growth lab on the island? Ideas?

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Another question: I was thinking of eventually picking up a fossil Pokémon. What would be the best way to handle that? The best I can come up with would be to find the fossil, then transfer it to a lab elsewhere for revival, with the revived Pokémon being sent back the next RP day or something. The alternative is, would it be alright to assume that a few were released onto the island for the competition's sake, or is there potentially a fossil-growth lab on the island? Ideas?

It is entirely up to you. For an overall rule I'm going to say that Fossil Pokemon have been released onto the island however you can find and revive fossils if you so wish.

As for the event, as I've said before, I'm all for something different beyond battles however as for whether it'll take place in the tournament I believe only Jay can say however I would really like to see a mixed event round (if nothing else it could be Byrants way of attracting people back to the island).

Skillfulness said:
I'll have a post soon. Started working yesterday, but got distracted by SPORE :3

Quit playing God and post :D. Heh like I'm one to talk, I'll likely post tomorrow but it depends on whether I can get some uni stuff sorted. UCAS has once again failed me D:<

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Okay, posted a couple of times. I'll be warming up with a few NPCs and catching that Munchlax before I do any interaction with other RPers. Should take only a couple of posts/days.

I was thinking/hoping that would be the case. I'll still probably have Kyle stumble across the fossil on his way through the desert to train. I'll assume that it has to be transferred out to a lab somewhere, then transferred back after revival.

Lufiji

I figured this would be a good place to post a question that I have been meaning to ask for a while.

How exactly would I go about evolving my character's Feebas? Beauty poffins aren't exactly a thing you can go looking for, and I wouldn't want to bog the RPG down with lots of posts about getting the Feebas to evolve. Also, I was wondering if I would be allowed to let my character catch a Seviper at some point.

One other question that I have been meaning to ask is, how is it decided who wins and loses in the tournament, since I doubt that anyone would want to voluntarily lose, and what happens if you do lose?

Teebird

So sorry I haven't been able to post, been extremely busy with real life. I'll try to post tonight, and I should be able to.

Double-oh-Platypus

I shall be able to make my post tomorrow for sure for I will get the laptop back from warranty repairs. Also, I was wondering if it would be alright to catch both my reserves on the same day just so that I've sort of caught up on Pokemon as everyone else and they're not in there for any longer (because they've been in there for longer than their three day stay, thanks). If not, that's fine too, but I thought it would be good to get them out of the reserve bin quickly.

Jay star

Coordinator Lover
I figured this would be a good place to post a question that I have been meaning to ask for a while.

How exactly would I go about evolving my character's Feebas? Beauty poffins aren't exactly a thing you can go looking for, and I wouldn't want to bog the RPG down with lots of posts about getting the Feebas to evolve. Also, I was wondering if I would be allowed to let my character catch a Seviper at some point.

One other question that I have been meaning to ask is, how is it decided who wins and loses in the tournament, since I doubt that anyone would want to voluntarily lose, and what happens if you do lose?

1. Well I would say that there is a place in the mall that you can buy poffin or pokeblok, or if you like your character could have a handy pokeblok maker on him, a nice travel size one lol. After its had some Pokeblok and done some training then you can evolve it, but pm me or post in here to check if it is ok to evolve it now and either myself or one of my Liutenants will let you know.

2. Yes you can catch a seviper but I would expect everyone to have posted 4 times before they do their first catching pokemon post.

3. It will be decided who will win the battles in the tournament by myself and/or my liutenant's, we will look at each of your team's and their moves and I will get the 2 players involved to pm me as to why they should win the battle. This is only if the two players concerned cannot decide who should win the battle.

Double-oh-Platypus

I think that considoring it would be fine if you caught the 2 pokemon that you reserved in one day but not if you catch them in the same post or one post after another.

Last edited:

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
1. Well I would say that there is a place in the mall that you can buy poffin or pokeblok, or if you like your character could have a handy pokeblok maker on him, a nice travel size one lol. After its had some Pokeblok and done some training then you can evolve it, but pm me or post in here to check if it is ok to evolve it now and either myself or one of my Liutenants will let you know.

That, or we could take the HG/SS approach and have him send it off for massages 6 times (at least I believe it was six). Massages would take one post then you could have your Feebas back and wait two before sending it off for another and we could apply this too other happiness related evo's too.

I was thinking/hoping that would be the case. I'll still probably have Kyle stumble across the fossil on his way through the desert to train. I'll assume that it has to be transferred out to a lab somewhere, then transferred back after revival.

Fair enough, though I should make it known that I intend to have my character capture a Kabuto fairly soonish. Hopefully this doesn't interfere with your plans however if it does I'm happy to alternate.

Hyuu

Under the sea
A crazy friend of mine has just informed me that, instead of the plans that was regularly scheduled for my birthday (Tomorrow, by and by,) she and a few other cohorts of hers are taking me onto the road, spanning tonight to August 17th (the day after HER birthday). Then, on Wednesday, August 18th, she's apparently planned a double birthday bash without my knowledge.

Please excuse my unexpected absence ._.

Now, I have twenty minutes remaining to pack so have to go. Have fun and I hope I won't cause too much problems.

Double-oh-Platypus

Double-oh-Platypus

I think that considoring it would be fine if you caught the 2 pokemon that you reserved in one day but not if you catch them in the same post or one post after another.

Thanks. I'll be sure to leave some room between the captures then and try and make my first post tomorrow or today if I'm feeling up to it. When should I catch my Vulpix? I was thinking the second post maybe, but I can do first if it seems like the better idea.

Teebird

I'm getting my first post up tonight for sure. I've just been swamped, so I haven't had much time to do anything.
I'd also like to reserve a Volbeat if that's okay with everyone. ^^