1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battle league

Discussion in 'Pokemon GO Discussion' started by keithpetrosky, Jan 30, 2020.

1. keithpetrosky

keithpetrosky Well-Known Member

Thoughts on this, what do you like or dislike?

During my battles all of my opponents had super effective Pokémon and attacks against me, I found this odd like the game hints what they should use against me giving an unfair advantage. If we chose 6 Pokémon and saw our opponents, but could only choose 3 out of our 6 it would be a little fairer.

I also don’t like how some of us don’t have funds to get two charges moves so if we are against Pokémon with two there is a big disadvantage and it’s not fun. Same with potential issues of spoofers getting free battles they don’t even walk to earn km’s!

2. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

Not really a fan of PvP in general in any game. Normally I would just completely ignore this feature and its existence wouldn't matter to me, but now I'm hearing it's the only way to get Scraggy. That annoys me greatly, and will essentially force to touch this feature I want nothing to do with.

3. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

I do like it and already have several good Pokemon for all leagues since I do PvP anyway. I went 4-1 yesterday with my loss being from the opponent always getting priority with charge moves. Even then it was only by 1 fast attack that I lost. I got a Snorlax with Super Power which I think is unique to league rewards.

4. quake

quake Well-Known Member

I like it! A big part of pokemon is battling and I'm happy that this feature is released. What I dont like is players seemingly having a never ending army of legends at their disposal. Lapras, Deoxys and the regis/latias seems to be very popular

5. keithpetrosky

What do you mean your opponent got priority with their moves? I rarely do pvp so I’m guessing their fast move or charge was quicker to power up than yours?

6. Playful Latios

Playful Latios @Soul Dew

I had my move powered up at the exact same time and hit the button for it, but theirs went off first causing me to take damage before them. i just did 2 sets of five battles and only won 3 in each of them so I missed the rank up by 1 win. I could pay 200 coins to do one more set of battles now rather than walking, but I'd rather not.

keithpetrosky likes this.
  7. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

After losing 10 in a row, and then win one and losing 5 in a row, I have WON 5 in a row.

8. keithpetrosky

I paid for the premium entry and suspiciously found my opponents to be much easier, won 3 out of 5; coincidence?

9. quake

quake Well-Known Member

No I think a lot of people followed the same guide for the first week and are now changing it up. I'm running with Meganium (VW, SB and EQ), Sudowudo and bronzong and I always win 3/5. A lot more people are mixing it up now

10. thekorean

thekorean Well-Known Member

Your rank doesn't reset right? I heard it resets after couple months.

11. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I've been using the battle league for the first real time today, in order to get my Sinnoh Stones for Rhyperior Community Day, and my lord that was a horrendous experience. Not only is it simply the PvP experience, which I inherently don't like, but it was an absolutely glitchy mess. Charge moves, Pokémon switches, and shields all would not activate when I told them to, leading to me losing several matches which I think I could have one if it would have just done the action I told it to when I told it to. To make matters worse, once I got to the four level, where you're ensured to get a Scraggy if you get enough wins, I decided to use a Premium Raid Pass to enter, so that I only had to win two battles instead of four to get a Scraggy. But what do you know, I lose four of the five matches, and at least two of them I lost entirely because of glitches. So I just completely wasted a Premium Pass. Awful, awful, awful. Once I get that Scraggy, I'm going to stop trying, and just get the rest of my Sinnoh Stones by going in with a low level team that will lose instantly. This is not worth the time or effort that needs to be put in to it. And after today, I will never touch this system again (at least until the next time they force me to with stuff like Scraggy).