• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle league

keithpetrosky

Thoughts on this, what do you like or dislike?

During my battles all of my opponents had super effective Pokémon and attacks against me, I found this odd like the game hints what they should use against me giving an unfair advantage. If we chose 6 Pokémon and saw our opponents, but could only choose 3 out of our 6 it would be a little fairer.

I also don’t like how some of us don’t have funds to get two charges moves so if we are against Pokémon with two there is a big disadvantage and it’s not fun. Same with potential issues of spoofers getting free battles they don’t even walk to earn km’s!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Not really a fan of PvP in general in any game. Normally I would just completely ignore this feature and its existence wouldn't matter to me, but now I'm hearing it's the only way to get Scraggy. That annoys me greatly, and will essentially force to touch this feature I want nothing to do with.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I do like it and already have several good Pokemon for all leagues since I do PvP anyway. I went 4-1 yesterday with my loss being from the opponent always getting priority with charge moves. Even then it was only by 1 fast attack that I lost. I got a Snorlax with Super Power which I think is unique to league rewards.

quake

I like it! A big part of pokemon is battling and I'm happy that this feature is released. What I dont like is players seemingly having a never ending army of legends at their disposal. Lapras, Deoxys and the regis/latias seems to be very popular

keithpetrosky

I do like it and already have several good Pokemon for all leagues since I do PvP anyway. I went 4-1 yesterday with my loss being from the opponent always getting priority with charge moves. Even then it was only by 1 fast attack that I lost. I got a Snorlax with Super Power which I think is unique to league rewards.

What do you mean your opponent got priority with their moves? I rarely do pvp so I’m guessing their fast move or charge was quicker to power up than yours?

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I had my move powered up at the exact same time and hit the button for it, but theirs went off first causing me to take damage before them. i just did 2 sets of five battles and only won 3 in each of them so I missed the rank up by 1 win. I could pay 200 coins to do one more set of battles now rather than walking, but I'd rather not.

thekorean

After losing 10 in a row, and then win one and losing 5 in a row, I have WON 5 in a row.

quake

I paid for the premium entry and suspiciously found my opponents to be much easier, won 3 out of 5; coincidence?
No I think a lot of people followed the same guide for the first week and are now changing it up. I'm running with Meganium (VW, SB and EQ), Sudowudo and bronzong and I always win 3/5. A lot more people are mixing it up now

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I've been using the battle league for the first real time today, in order to get my Sinnoh Stones for Rhyperior Community Day, and my lord that was a horrendous experience. Not only is it simply the PvP experience, which I inherently don't like, but it was an absolutely glitchy mess. Charge moves, Pokémon switches, and shields all would not activate when I told them to, leading to me losing several matches which I think I could have one if it would have just done the action I told it to when I told it to. To make matters worse, once I got to the four level, where you're ensured to get a Scraggy if you get enough wins, I decided to use a Premium Raid Pass to enter, so that I only had to win two battles instead of four to get a Scraggy. But what do you know, I lose four of the five matches, and at least two of them I lost entirely because of glitches. So I just completely wasted a Premium Pass. Awful, awful, awful. Once I get that Scraggy, I'm going to stop trying, and just get the rest of my Sinnoh Stones by going in with a low level team that will lose instantly. This is not worth the time or effort that needs to be put in to it. And after today, I will never touch this system again (at least until the next time they force me to with stuff like Scraggy).

thekorean

Anytone else feel like this is rigged? I lead off with Umbreon, they give me a team with Azumaril (Fairy type is trash and and whomever thought of it should be fired) multiple times, and I try to counter with Victreebel and they give me a team leading off with Hypno BACK TO BACK.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The only thing I hate about the Battle League is how the match keeps going even, when my game crashes. I lost three matches in a row once because my game forced itself off in the middle of a battle and while I was booting everything back up, my pokémon just stood there like sitting ducks while my opponent wiped them off the floor

Anytone else feel like this is rigged? I lead off with Umbreon, they give me a team with Azumaril (Fairy type is trash and and whomever thought of it should be fired) multiple times, and I try to counter with Victreebel and they give me a team leading off with Hypno BACK TO BACK.
Yeah, a lot of times it does feel like the game is purposely giving you a team that gives you a disadvantage

Ghost94

I used to think it mattered who I put on the lead until I started leading with Serperior. Sometimes they match me up with a Whiscash and other times it’s an Altaria. It has something to do with the match making algorithm which may very well factor in win/loss streak.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Battling altogether in Go is, in my honest opinion, not very fun. But, it got me my Metagross, as well as a lot of Stardust, so I just deal with it so I can rake in the rewards.