• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Double Battle Team Part II

Bardische

Elegance.
Hey guys! I posted around 3 months ago about my team for the Battle Maison, and I lost at the 68th match when I posted my team here for advice. My team, previously, was Greninja, Garchomp, Gengar and Togekiss.

Now, I managed to go beyond 100 matches with this setup of mine, and I managed to reach all the way to match 184, where I lost, because I messed up with prediction. So yeah, 183 matches with this current team, and I think the win rate is really high. I still need advice, though. Whether or not anything needs changing, and if I can replace moves or any Pokemon while still keeping the core idea of what this team is supposed to be doing.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Adamant (31/31/31/x/31/31)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Scrappy
- Fake Out
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch

Pretty standard setup for Kangaskhan. Along with Weavile, I use Fake Out on whichever threatens Weavile upon being sent out so Weavile has a free chance to hit whatever I, in turn, think can threaten my whole team.

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly (31/31/x/x/31/31)
Ability: Pressure
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Knock Off

My latest import from Black 2, and with the buff to Knock Off, it really hits hard on those Psychic-types and Ghost-types with low defenses like Espeon and Gengar. He's really squishy, so he's wearing a nifty FS for those who are faster than him. This gives him a free turn to hit whichever I feel like is a threat (unless it's an Aerodactyl. I hate how fast it is).

Starmie @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid (31/x/31/31/31/31)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
Ability: Analytic
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

He's my only special attacker, but he's what replaces Weavile 99% of the time after Weavile goes down. Because I want my enemies to faint faster, I've no time to keep switching, and Starmie definitely has reasonable bulk to take advantage of Analytic against faster enemies. I've survived with about 25% health even against super-effective attacks, and I think Starmie is good enough on his own.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Nature: Jolly (31/31/31/x/31/31)
Ability: Rough Skin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

He's still here, and he's only ever contributed mostly during against the veterans because Weavile and Kangaskhan and Starmie do good enough already.

What do you guys think? Is my coverage fine? Are my weaknesses appropriately covered, and is the speed on Weavile and Starmie (+ maybe Kang's Sucker Punch) advantageous to my setup?

- Maybe I should try replacing Ice Beam on Starmie for Protect? Just to ensure some time to scout against faster things?
- Same thing with Garchomp. Maybe Protect is better than Swords Dance? Is Yache Berry still viable at this point, or would adding something like Leftovers or Choice Scarf fit in nicely with my hit-and-run composition?
- Kangaskhan is universally fine on his own. She's only ever died about seven times out of the 183 streak.
- My previous setup had a hard time against Trick Room teams, but with Fake Out and Knock Off hitting on the usual setups (like Slowbro...Exeggutor), I think I've done well going against that initial disadvantage.
- I've tried Mamoswine for 3 matches, but I just really like the utility on Knock Off. What do you guys think?

I'd love to hear what you guys think of my current composition. I'm ready for your commentary and criticisms. Thank you! :)