• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Doubles Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSpanky1

Battle Hut Elite
Ariados @Quick Claw Lv70
Adamant, Swarm
EVs: HP: 6/Atk:252/Speed:252
-Sticky Web
-Toxic Spikes
-Poison Jab
-Shadow Sneak

Plusle @Shuca Berry Lv88
Lax, Plus
EVs: HP:6/SpAtk:252/Speed:252
-Electro Ball
-Nasty Plot
-Thunder Wave
-Entrainment

Girafarig @ Lump Berry Lv100
Modest, Early Bird
-Skill Swap
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Dazzling Gleam

Charizard @ Charizardite Y Lv100
Timid, Blaze
-Flamethrower
-Air Slash
-Protect
-Hidden Power (Ghost)

Swampert @ King's Rock Lv100
Quirky, Torrent
EVs: Atk:6/Def:252/SpDef:252
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Waterfall
-Hammer Arm

Absol @ Scope Lens Lv97
Adamant, Super Luck
EVs: HP:6/Atk:252/Speed:252
-Night Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Sword Dance
-Thunder Wave

So I've been going with Ariados and Plusle to start. Set up sticky web and toxic spikes with Ariados and paralyze with Plusle. Either that or if I can get one Nasty Plot in with Plusle. After that I take them out with Poison Jab and Electro Ball. If I am given the opportunity I use Entrainment on Ariados to increase Plusle's Special Attack. I have Girafarig for some coverage and use Skill Swap to mess with the opponent's pokemon. (e.g. get rid of speed boost on Scolepede or Protean on Greninja) Charizard is my fast sweeper and thanks to Drought, water attack damage is minimized. I only have to worry about rock types and that's why I have protect. I haven't used Swampert or Absol while I've challenged the Battle Maison. Any ideas let me know.

I am aware that some of the moves should be replaced, I just need some assistance with which ones. Thanks again.

*Edit*
I'm about to challenge Battle Chatelaine Evelyn. (20 streak)

Last edited:

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
I'm assuming this isn't Super. It's harder in Super, not impossible though. CPU tailors teams to beat yours as your streaks add on so sometimes it's good to switch it up. Anywho....

Give Charizard Solarbeam, and Protect < Roost only because it prolongs its longevity.
Ground/Rock types are going to demolish that team only one not super effected is Giraf and you're not even packing counters.
Ferrothorn or Rotom-W could work in its place.

Why Shadow Sneak on Ariados? Why not Megahorn since it's a STAB move.

And do you really need two 'mons with T-Wave PLUS sticky web?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hammer Arm on Swampert kinda makes King's Rock useless, especially since this is not a Trick Room team.
Swampert is already slow and Hammer Arm makes it slower, while King's Rock requires its holder to go first otherwise the flinch effect is pointless.

Also, why not Timid Nature for Plusle?

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
Hammer Arm on Swampert kinda makes King's Rock useless, especially since this is not a Trick Room team.
Swampert is already slow and Hammer Arm makes it slower, while King's Rock requires its holder to go first otherwise the flinch effect is pointless.

Also, why not Timid Nature for Plusle?

I second this.

Oh, and adding to the subject of Swampert as well it would be better to have 252 Evs in HP and then 252 into def or sp. def, or even split that 252 between the two and put the reaming 4 into atk if your going defensively, which is what it looks like. No HP investment is a waste if you're not putting Evs into the two defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.