• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Singles Team

coolerdynastic

Well I failed at my 47th streak sadly so I decided on a new team
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly, Early Bird (but who cares since it will mega evolve?)
EVs: 4HP, 252 Attack and 252 Speed
-Crunch
-Rock Slide
-Power Up Punch
-Return

Alakazam@Focus Sash
Modest, Magic Guard
EVs: 4HP, 252 SPAtk, 252 Spd
-Psychic
-Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

Aegislash@Leftover
Brave, Stance Change
EVs: 252HP, 252 Atk and 4Sp Def
-King Shield
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-No idea (either Iron head or Sword dance??)

I have no comments about the first 2 but I got pawned pretty badly when I was using Haxorus before changing to Aegislash.
Some comments would be appreciated

chap196

For Aegislash
The fourth move for it is definitely Sword Dance since it allows Aegislash to sweep your opponent team and Sacred Sword + Shadow Sneak covers enough.

Hope this help

coolerdynastic

I love the idea of using Swords Dance but why wouldnt many suggested Iron Head since it is a STAB move? Rock Slide seems promising as it can be a good counter against fire types

chap196

I love the idea of using Swords Dance but why wouldnt many suggested Iron Head since it is a STAB move? Rock Slide seems promising as it can be a good counter against fire types

Like I said Sacred Sword and Shadow Sneak can hit every Pokemon at least neutral damage, so Iron Head is unnecessary (and Rock Slide as well). You don't always need to use a STAB move even if it is important.

iTarTar

I suggest running a mixed Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 100 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon / Automize
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword

The Ev spread for ensured survival of a super effective hit and to be able to mix sweep. Shadow Ball is the staple of the set with Sacred Sword for normals and Shadow Sneak for priority KOs. It's a toss-up between Automize and Flash Cannon depending on what you feel is necessary. I personally run Automize so I can hit +2 in both offensive stats and speed in one turn. Flash Cannon is only if you have no other way to deal with fairys, which your lead deals with quiet well.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
i have my aeigslash running with this moves:
shadow sneak
iron head/flash cannon
king's sheild
swords dance

and you're EVs make no sense. its ability shifts def and att and sp def and sp att so the only right way to train aeigslash is to train it in def and sp def and some in speed.

KillerDraco

and you're EVs make no sense. its ability shifts def and att and sp def and sp att so the only right way to train aeigslash is to train it in def and sp def and some in speed.

...That's the farthest thing from the "right way", and it's definitely not the "only right way". Your logic doesn't even make sense. Its HP is low in both forms, so investing in HP EVs helps it take hits whether it's in shield form or blade form. In addition, Aegislash is not a defensive Pokemon; it is a wall-breaker. If you don't invest in Attack/SpA EVs, it won't hit hard enough and will miss out on crucial KOs. In addition, Aegislash is slow to the point where investing in speed EVs makes very little difference; base 60 is not enough to outrun any significant threats even with investment.

Anyway. I'd be a little hesitant to not have Focus Blast on Alakazam. Personally I'd replace Dazzling Gleam with it. Yes, the accuracy bites, and I know that more than anyone. But without it, Alakazam misses out on some crucial 1HKOs, such as on Heatran and Tyranitar. Which, of course, leaves Alakazam very vulnerable to being pursuit trapped by the latter. But, I suppose mileage may vary due to miss hax with Focus Blast.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
but draco...why train EVs in att and sp att if aeigslash's ability switches them with def and sp def. ok that "only way" and "right way" were a bit too extream,i agree with that,but let's get back to what i was saying.
his ability swithces those two att aspects with def aspects. i know he isn't a wall pokemon but wall breaker but his ability is the key. make his def and sp def 252 so when you attack his att and sp att are 252.
if you train att and sp att to 252 they will switch to defense in blade form and then blade form would be shield form and vice versa.
and yes,do not train in speed but in HP. i meant to train it to HP when i was writting that post but mistyped.
with shadow sneak + swords dance he is more or less unstoppable.
swords dance a couple of times while in shield form and then shadow sneak the hell out of every pokemon.

KillerDraco

but draco...why train EVs in att and sp att if aeigslash's ability switches them with def and sp def. ok that "only way" and "right way" were a bit too extream,i agree with that,but let's get back to what i was saying.
his ability swithces those two att aspects with def aspects. i know he isn't a wall pokemon but wall breaker but his ability is the key. make his def and sp def 252 so when you attack his att and sp att are 252.
if you train att and sp att to 252 they will switch to defense in blade form and then blade form would be shield form and vice versa.
and yes,do not train in speed but in HP. i meant to train it to HP when i was writting that post but mistyped.
with shadow sneak + swords dance he is more or less unstoppable.
swords dance a couple of times while in shield form and then shadow sneak the hell out of every pokemon.

I don't think you understand how Stance Change works.

Stance Change switches the base stats. It does not switch EVs.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
I don't think you understand how Stance Change works.

Stance Change switches the base stats. It does not switch EVs.

now i'm confused...
how come when it changes for 240 def becomes 240 att and 85 att becomes 85 def?

Hasted

now i'm confused...
how come when it changes for 240 def becomes 240 att and 85 att becomes 85 def?

His IVs and EVs stick to what ever stat they are in. Don't think of Stance change as "swapping" the attack with defence. Think of it more as his Attack goes from 85 to 240 and his Def goes from 240 to 85. The base stats just change, not switch. It just so happens that they use the same numbers.

coolerdynastic

I suggest running a mixed Aegislash:
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 100 SAtk
Rash Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Flash Cannon / Automize
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword

The Ev spread for ensured survival of a super effective hit and to be able to mix sweep. Shadow Ball is the staple of the set with Sacred Sword for normals and Shadow Sneak for priority KOs. It's a toss-up between Automize and Flash Cannon depending on what you feel is necessary. I personally run Automize so I can hit +2 in both offensive stats and speed in one turn. Flash Cannon is only if you have no other way to deal with fairys, which your lead deals with quiet well.

Like the idea but in my personal opinion is best to focus on one type of sweeping becoz the 100EV's could be a huge difference between in KO the opponent. Just my opinion thanks but the weakness policy you said gave me a good hint on what to do