• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison - Super Doubles Team

Tangeh

This is my team for the Super Doubles at the Battle Maison. I'm trying to get a 50 streak. ^^ Looking for comments / advice.

Leads:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough

Smeargle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Parting Shot
- Dark Void
- Reflect

Backup:

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Return
- Sucker Punch

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast

My Plan A goes like this:

Turn 1: Smeargle and Azumarill lead. Smeargle uses dark void and puts one or both (or none if I'm unlucky :p) opponents to sleep. This allows Azumarill to set up belly drum 95% of the time. If the opponent is a fast electric or grass type that could K.O. Azumarill, I can instead have Azumarill use protect in case dark void doesn't hit.

Turn 2: Azumarill will use aqua jet on either the pokemon that is still awake or whichever pokemon I'm more threatened by. This generally OHKOs anything that doesn't resist water or has a sash / sturdy. Smeargle sets up reflect for added safety.

Turn 3: Again, Azumarill uses aqua jet on either the pokemon that has just been sent out or whichever I'm more afraid of and faints it. Smeargle uses parting shot on the remaining pokemon and switches into Kangaskhan.

Turn 4: Azumarill uses aqua jet on whichever pokemon is either more dangerous or a guaranteed kill. Kangaskhan mega-evolves (unless the target is a ghost-type) and uses fake out on the other pokemon to flinch it.

Turn 5: Azumarill uses aqua jet and takes out the last pokemon. I usually have kangaskhan use sucker punch (in which case that would hit first) but it rarely matters at this point. And that is game!

^^It'll work perfectly like that maybe 25% of the time. Things like focus sashes / sturdy / sun / high defense / pokemon that resist or are immune to aqua jet can get in the way - Smeargle can break sashes with foul play if needed, and Azumarill can opt to use play rough instead of aqua jet with the sacrifice of priority, as not much resists water AND fairy (grass/poisons and a handful of others). And then of course dark void might not work (80% accuracy, or the opponent may have a status-healing berry. If they protect, that's fine because that means they aren't attacking). Kangaskhan and Salamence offer solid backup if Plan A fails completely. The choice scarf on Salamence makes it an effective revenge killer, and being locked in doesn't matter much considering it'll usually be sent out toward the end of the battle anyways.

I've had my streak broken twice so far - the first was totally my fault as I wasn't paying attention against a rain team which Azumarill couldn't OHKO with aqua jet but I tried anyways >__>. And the second time was against a hail team and everything kept missing. :/ I'm at a 30 streak right now!