1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Maison Super Single Team

Discussion in 'In-Game RMT' started by PokeCrossbow, Dec 2, 2013.

1. PokeCrossbow

PokeCrossbow Pokemon Hunter

Heeey,

I was never a fan of Battle Tower, until IV breeding became easy in Gen6, I thought of making a team for the Battle Maison(Gen6's "Battle Tower"), tested it with a friend and bred them, they are:

Nin-Nin (Greninja) (M) @ Expert Belt
    Ability: Protean
    Level: 50
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 31,31,31,31,31,26
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Moves:
    - Dark Pulse
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Grass Knot

Scolipede (F) @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Adamant Nature
    IVs: 31,31,31,30,31,31
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Poison Jab
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Rock Slide

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
    Ability: Pressure
    Impish Nature
    IVs: 31,31,31,30,31,1
    EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SDef
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split
    - Ice Punch
    - Shadow Sneak

I reached the 33rd battle in Super Single challenge and lost :( any suggestions on how to improve my team? I realized I'm having a hard time against water-type Pokemons like Wailord and Vaporeon, but I usually counter them using Dusclops.

Strategy: I lead with Greninja, use U-turn if I don't have super-effective move advantage against the opponent or if it's a fighting-type, then proceed with either Scolipede or Dusklops. Greninja still outspeeds Gengar and few other fast pokemons.

Video code of the 33rd battle: WR7G-WWWW-WWW3-F2KL. Currently I'm back to my 31st streak again after slight changes. Suggestions on these or other Pokemons are highly appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  2. chap196

chap196 Well-Known Member

For Scolipede
    I will recommend you to use Adamant instead of Jolly since it already has Speed Boost, also I would use Protect somewhere in the moveset as it will gives Scolipede a few Speed Boost, making it able to outspeed fast Pokemon like Greninja.

Hope this help

3. Shine

Shine Psyched Up Staff Member Moderator

Definitely go with Shadow Sneak on Dusclops.

4. Hoppian

Hoppian Dedicated Writer

It would be a nice ideia to put swords dance on solipede. Poison Jab/Rock Slide/Earthquake/Swords Dance do pretty well, I have one like this, and it wreck havoc!
    Knowing that Greninja won´t survive many time, You could run Life orb on him: gives more power than expert belt and works even when you don´t hit super efective. I also have one like this.
    Hope I´ve helped you!