• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison team

Leafy Sea Dragon

Hi, so I need to get some BP to get a few evolutionary items, and my team isn't the greatest. There's 4 or 5 different kind of battles, but I think I'm going to aim for Double battles first.

Here's where I'm hesitant, My team consists of duplicate types and not-so-great movepools. I have a lot of other pokemon too if I need to use different pokemon than what consisted of my team (Greninja/Noivern/Charizard/Blaziken/etc). And sorry that I'm listing 6 pokemon when I can only use 4 in Doubles. :x

Delphox
Timid, Blaze
-Facade
-Psychic
-Mystical Fire
-Flamerthrower

Talonflame
Naive, Flame Body
-Flame Charge
-Steel Wing
-Acrobatics
-Fly

Vivillon
Serious, Compound Eyes
-Aerial Ace
-Psybeam
-Hurricane
-Bug Buzz

Florges
Rash, Flower Veil
-Tackle
-Petal Blizzard
-Moon blast
-Wish

Dragalge
Timid, Poison Touch
-Sludge Bomb
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf

Trevenant
Modest, Natural Cure
-Horn Leech
-Shadow Claw
-Phantom Force
-Forest's Curse

ryanthehuman

Delphox
-Flamethrower
-Psyshock/Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Sunny Day/Protect

Your team isn't too hindered by Sunny Day, so that could be a good idea to boost Delphox and Talonflames fire power. Psyshock/Psychic is up to preference - Psychic is more powerful but Psyshock hits specially defensive Pokemon harder.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
-Flare Blitz
-Brave Bird
-Swords Dance/Bulk Up
-Roost

Boost your stats with SD/BU and then destroy everything with your powerful STABs. Use Roost and Leftovers to regain HP lost from recoil and increase it's longevity.

Vivillion
-Bug Buzz
-Hurricane
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Power

Send something to sleep, set up with Quiver Dance. Wreck havoc with near perfect accurate Hurricanes thanks to Compoundeyes.

Florges
-Moonblast/Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball/Protect
-Wish
-Aromatherapy

Use Florges as cleric to heal your team with Wish and Aromoatherapy. Dazzling Gleam is better for Doubles, but use Moonblast otherwise.

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
-Dragon Tail/Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
-Sludge Bomb
-Surf/Protect
-Toxic/Toxic Spikes

Dragalge can spread a mad amount of Poison. You could opt for a fully offensive one with Thunderbolt/Focus Blast/Shadow Ball in the last slot though.

Trevenant
-Horn Leech
-Shadow Claw
-Will-o-Wisp
-Protect

Burn with Will-o-Wisp, stall with Protect. Horn Leech is a decent STAB and provides recovery.

Last edited:

Leafy Sea Dragon

So I went with most of those and thanks! They only helped me a tiny bit though, I suck. >.> Also I practiced double battles in the Battle Institute if that means anything. Wondering if I should super train them too.

Delphox
-Flamethrower
-Psyshock (I went with Psyshock for the defensive moves)
-Shadow Ball
-Sunny Day (Tried going with Sunny Day, water trainers are still a pain in the butt, and my trevenant is weak. There's also the fact that I never really found any great chances to use my fire attacks.)

Talonflame @ Leftovers
-Flame Charge (Oh, as I am typing this, I realized I didn't change this move oops, no wonderrrrr it was weak, heh. I made the same mistake for Brave Bird during my first set of battles...)
-Brave Bird
-Bulk Up (Didn't have Swords Dance)
-Roost

Vivillion
-Bug Buzz
-Hurricane
-Quiver Dance
-Sleep Power

Florges
-Dazzling Gleam (Went with DG for the double battles as it's better for that apparently?)
-Energy Ball (Being used to all-offense, I went with Energy Ball and it's helped.)
-Wish
-Aromatherapy

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
-Dragon Pulse (Stuck with Pulse for the accuracy and PP)
-Sludge Bomb
-Surf (Refer to Energy Ball)
-Toxic (Didn't have Spikes)

Trevenant
-Horn Leech
-Shadow Claw
-Will-o-Wisp
-Forest's Curse (Stuck with this because I thought it would be good if I made the opposing types part Grass when my team consists of Fire/Bug/Poison. My Trevenant never really lasts long though.)

I should probably make use to switching my team members, but the common weaknesses or super effective moves on my team make me not do that.

ryanthehuman

So I went with most of those and thanks! They only helped me a tiny bit though, I suck. >.> Also I practiced double battles in the Battle Institute if that means anything. Wondering if I should super train them too.

Delphox
-Flamethrower
-Psyshock (I went with Psyshock for the defensive moves)
-Shadow Ball
-Sunny Day (Tried going with Sunny Day, water trainers are still a pain in the butt, and my trevenant is weak. There's also the fact that I never really found any great chances to use my fire attacks.)

If Sunny Day isn't working out for you you could give it Grass Knot in the last slot. Throw on an Assault Vest for some extra Special Bulk, or a Life Orb/Choice Specs to maximise damage. Wiseglasses could also work if you don't like the negative effects of orb/specs.

Trevenant
-Horn Leech
-Shadow Claw
-Will-o-Wisp
-Forest's Curse (Stuck with this because I thought it would be good if I made the opposing types part Grass when my team consists of Fire/Bug/Poison. My Trevenant never really lasts long though.)

Maybe try a stall set on Trevenant. Just noticed that yours is Modest, which isn't great since it hinders Trevenant's better attacking stat. Something like:

Trevenant
-Toxic/Will-o-Wisp
-Leech Seed
-Protect
-Horn Leech/Wood Hammer/Shadow Claw/Destiny Bond

Be wary that this Trevenant gets ruined by Taunt if you opt for Destiny Bond in the last spot. Also, if you use decide t use this set, don't use Forest's Curse as it will make your opponent immune to Leech Seed (and also Vivillion's Sleep Powder).

Definitely consider super training your Pokemon. I would suggest -

Delphox
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

Talonflame
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def

Vivillion
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

Florges
252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpA

Dragalage
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

Trevenant (stall set)
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def

Edit: Since you're opting for a more offensive Florges, consider this:

Florges
132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
-Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball
-Calm Mind
-Wish/Aromatherapy

Calm Mind boosts Florges SpA and SpD, so this one should pack more of a punch while still having a defensive presence.

Last edited:

Leafy Sea Dragon

A bit of a late update as I took my time with Super Training, and I believed Super Training helped, thanks! So the results are:

Kyu
+252 Special Attack
+252 Speed
+6 Special Defense
(Didn't know SD would go to 6 instead of 4, so I basically stuck with 6 if that's alright. Sunny Day has worked with the Super Training, though when Delphox still get's KO'd, my team can still provide back-up!)

Firetail
+252 Attack
+252 Speed
+6 Defense

High Plains
+252 Special Attack
+252 Speed
+6 Special Defense

Leafyseadra
+252 HP
+252 Special Attack
+6 Special Defense
(Now I haven't tested Vivillon or Dragalge yet, but I have faith that they are okay.)

Willow
+252 HP
+252 Special Defense
+6 Defense
(I... kept Forest's Curse again just to see how it would go. So far I haven't used it, but Trevenant is more bulky now so I'm not too worried about replacing it yet.)

Orenge
+132 HP
+252 Special Attack
+124 Speed
(Went with the offense suggestion, though I didn't add Calm Mind.)

Thanks again :)