• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Team

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Hey there. I got a copy of X last month and I've got nothing better to do so I've actually started playing a real Pokemon game for the first time in like 4 years. This is the team I'm using for the Battle Maison. Currently my best streak is 114 wins, and then I lost to some Swagger hax and a Shadow Ball miss that could have only been caused by a Brightpowder. All pokemon are IV bred.

115.png

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly - Scrappy
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Power-Up Punch
-Earthquake

Standard sweeper Mega Kangaskhan. Usually cleans the opponent's whole team singlehandedly 80% of the time. Scrappy lets me play around Gengar and Spiritomb a little bit. Not really much else to say here.

681.png

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate
Quiet - Stance Change
240 Attack, 252 Sp. Atk, 16 Speed
-King's Shield
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword

Acts as an offensive pivot for my team, taking Fighting moves for Kangaskhan, and Ice, Dragon, and Fairy moves for Garchomp, while luring Ghost moves for Kangaskhan to switch into and Fire moves for Garchomp to switch into. Also takes out other ghosts very nicely, and scores plenty of KOs with Shadow Ball + Shadow Sneak

445.png

Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Jolly - Sand Veil
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 HP
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Outrage

Revengekiller and clean-up sweeper for anything that Kanga and Aegis can't kill. Focus Sash over Choice Scarf because nothing ever uses Stealth Rock or Spikes in the Battle Maison, and Sash doesn't lock me into one move, as well as guaranteeing me at least one move, two against slower threats. Stone Edge over Poison Jab to at least do something to Skarmory, although Bronzong and the occasional Whimsicott cause problems.

Threats:
Spiritomb: ****ing hate this thing. Kangaskhan can muscle past it if it hasn't already Mega'd. Aegislash can beat it if it's weakened, and Garchomp can knock some health off of it, but it's a real pain in the *** with Pain Split and Will-O-Wisp. The offensive version is also annoying with Sucker Punch.
Landorus: The Smack Down/Fissure set is a joke. The Scarf set is annoying though, because it 2HKOs and outspeeds my whole team. At +2, Kanga can kill it with Sucker Punch. If it comes in on Kanga, I can switch to Aegislash, but if it uses Earth Power that backfires. Kanga also survives Focus Blast with ~15-20%, so if it's at full HP it can win.
Bulletproof Chestnaught: I only ran into this mother****er once, but it wrecked me. I can't touch it, and it easily wears my whole team down with Hammer Arm, Leech Seed, and Spiky Shield. The only way I can beat it is if Kanga is already at +2.
Sableye: Prankster Will-o-Wisp. >.>
Skarmory: The Battle Maison AI seems to have no idea how to use Skarmory, for which I'm lucky. The Scarf set is easy to wear down. The defensive set tends to just spam Whirlwind. Regardless, it walls Kangaskhan and Garchomp pretty well. Aegislash kills it with Shadow Ball + Shadow Sneak.​

2074red2074

Shiny Collector
The Battle Maison is a game of AI abuse. They love status infliction and some use OHKO moves, so use Substitute. Also, if you drop an opponent to below half health, they will almost always use recovery if available. Use Toxic and they will fight a losing battle with that while you set up for whatever.

Instead of Garchomp, try a Chansey Seismic Toss tank that can heal your team with Healing Wish or Heal Pulse, depending on the battle format, or a Wobbuffet Counter/Coat tank with Safeguard (again, the AI loves statuses) and Destiny Bond.

That, or use a cheap team like Baton Pass.