• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirthey

Happiness is a Beautifly
I've never been great at the battle facilities, so I was surprised at my progress at the Maison. Went through 59 battles on Super Singles on the first try with DD Dragonite, Mega Kanga, and my in-game Chesnaught (lol) which I used like twice throughout the whole run. I lost against a Cofagrigus with Will-O-Wisp :'( I realllly hate status, oh boy. I used to have Weakness Policy on Dragonite which was kinda fun but I ended up trading it for a Lum Berry cause pokes with Thunder Wave and Will-O-Wisp are absolutely rampant. I think I'll replace Chesnaught with Aegislash or Azumarill when I get back to Singles later. Not the most original options lol but they're reliable.

Now I've never been good at Doubles, so I'm not sure where to start...

Last edited:

REMARCABLE

I normally suck big time when it comes to the battle facilities but now that i have gotten into IV breeding i think it will change but i am still a novice in competitive battling but i have actually decent when it comes to the Super Multi battle, I managed to get a friend with an awesome team that i can actually rely on to do most of the battling since i suck at it, they are a COM team mate but her/his/its? team goes well with my team, here is the set up

COM has a Heatran @ Shuca Berry with Attacks:
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Solar Beam
Earth Power

as well as a Registeel holding a leftovers
Attacks:

Amnesia
Iron Defense
Charge Beam
Flash Cannon

I use a Charizard as my first while COM uses the Heatran first the reason for this is that as soon as we begin I mega Evolve Charizard into his Y form, so now my team is a Mega-evolved Charizard Y teamed up with a Flash Fire Heatran, Char Y has its ability of Drought so now these 2 fire beasts hit harder, take reduced water damage and Charizard Y can use Solar Beam without having to wait two turns thanks to its ability, Heatran can also use Solar Beam and with its Flash Fire the other team can't benefit from using fire attacks on Heatran (useful since Heatrans Dual Fire/Steel typing makes it take the normal damage a pure Fire type would normally find not as effective, I normally leave the battling to COM because my team isn't constructed well and Charizard faints after one Rock Slide (which seems really common on the opposing Pokemon in the Maison)

Actually managed to beat Super Singles with Durant, Blaziken, and Gardevoir, and the streak is still ongoing. Not gonna lie, luck is still a part of the strategy, but I've improved its chances a bit by giving Gardevoir a Red Card to make the opposing Pokémon switched out, if it somehow avoided Durant's Entrainment, and I raised Durant's Speed with Carbos. Only thing that typically got in Durant's way was Protect/Detect and Fake Out. If a Pokémon had Quick Claw, which was not all that common in my streak, I didn't hit the Pokémon until Blaziken was going through the opponent's team; Speed, Attack, and Accuracy maxed out courtesy of Speed Boost, Protect, and Hone Claws, and that in turn made the thing faster than most of the Pokémon unless the opponent had Quick Claw, used Protect/Detect, or used Fake Out (the only exception wasn't until Nita's Tornadus, and I got lucky when it chose to use Double Team instead of attacking). Here's the final stats of my team.

Blaziken (Mega Stone; Effect: Speed Boost)
(Stats at Level 100: 301 Atk, 172 Def, 266 SpAtk, 173 SpDef, 189 Spd)
Protect
Double Kick
Brave Bird
Hone Claws

Durant (Choice Scarf; Effect: Truant)
(Stats at Level 50: 122 Atk, 125 Def, 59 SpAtk, 73 SpDef, 136 Spd)
Fury Cutter
Crunch
Entrainment
Iron Head

Gardevoir (Red Card; Ability: Synchronize)
(Level 100 Stats: 169 Atk, 171 Def, 339 SpAtk, 273 SpDef, 211 Spd)
Moonblast
Magical Leaf
Thunderbolt
Psychic

Again, not the most perfect team, but they were flexible enough as a team that if I failed to perform the strategy right, Gardevoir could knock out some enemy Pokémon and even the odds a bit. If I could raise perfectly trained Pokémon, I'm sure the strategy would have slightly improved chances; I'm still working on that, though.

Now I'm onto Super Doubles...

Trainer Name: Obito
3DS FC: 2852-8153-8863

Cuthrout

Just completed Super Triple battles. I nearly lost it all on round 46. It goes up tomorrow but here code anyway JMXW-WWWW-WWW4-C2ET.

I have Klefki (left), Mega Kangaskhan (mid), Greninja (right) up first.
Opposition sends out Zapdos (left), Regirock (mid), Latios (right).

Turn 1
Starts off like you'd expect Klefki safeguards, MK uses her powerup punch on Regirock 30% damage and Greninja uses Matblock.
Opposition latios uses Calm Mind, *curious to see how much an Icebeam from protean Greninja would do*, zapdos uses heatwave fails, and regirock uses EQ, also fails.

Turn 2
Klefki uses Lightscreen, Greninja uses icebeam on latios 65% damage *HOLY SH....* MK uses powerup punch on regirock does 60% *feeling happy at this point*
Latios uses dragon pulse on MK does 30%, Zapdos uses heatwave hits klefki for 20% and MK for 10%, Regirock uses EQ does 35% to Klefki, 20% to MK and 25% to Greninja

*thoughts were yeah I have MK at +4, latios and regirock will now probably die, Its still going well*

Klefki's Sitrus Berry activates *yay for HP ^_^*
Regirock's Custap Berry activates *>_> er... okay "probs going to use EQ, its going to be fine", starts getting a tad nervous*

Turn 3
Klefki uses reflect *Yay* Regirock uses Explosion *WTF? O_0* greninja, MK, latios, regirock faint...
Zapdos uses Heatwave Kleki Faints

Send out Goodra (on left) CB Garchomp (Mid) Rotom-W (right)
Opposition sends out Registeel (mid) Entei (right)

Turn 4
*"It's ok we can still do this" getting very nervous*
Garchomp uses EQ doesnt affect zapdos or Rotom deals 90% to registeel 95% to entei *Naww! :( actually hoping for OHKO* Goodra is hit for 40%.
Entei uses flame charge on garchomp does bugger all, entei faints due to rough skin. *this is where my hopes went sky high* rotom uses hydro pump registeel faints *yay*
Zapdos uses roost and is now sitting happy on 65% goodra uses dragon pulse does 25% to zapdos,

*At this point in time I was feeling happier even though i lost half my team in 1 turn, but this is where things start to go from bad to worse*

Opposition sends out Regice (right)

*garchomp is locked into EQ which is killing Goodra, rotom has hydropump and voltswitch >_>*

Turn 5
Garchomp uses EQ doesnt affect zapdos or rotom. goodra hit for 50% so is down to 2 health!! does just over 50% to regice which activates sitrus berry.
Zapdos uses double team *"NONONONO!!!! WHY? WHY YOU HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME?" getting very nervous*
Regice uses icebeam garchomp faints, Goodra uses dragon pulse zapdos is down to 5%, Rotom uses will-o-wisp on regice and hits.

At this point i have a 2 HP Goodra that is slower than the zapdos, on the left and on the right there is a regice against a Rotom-W. Honest to god thought i lost it :(

Turn 6
Zapdos uses heatwave... AND MISSES!!! *So much celebrating right now literally pulled shirt over my head and ran around like a headless chicken* Goodra uses Dragon pulse and finishes off zapdos. *OMFG WOOT WOOT*
rotom uses volt switch does 15% to regice, regice uses toxic, regice hurt by burn rotom hurt by toxic.

Turn 7
Rotom uses voltswitch taking regice down to 25%, Goodra uses dragon pulse (which can hit any pokemon on wherever they are on field)
Regice faints

*After heart stops racing writes all this down on serebii and uploads video so other can watch!*
Most intense match I've had in the Maison.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
I've had too many bad experiences with battle facilities in past games. As a result, i'm hesitant to even step foot in the Battle Maison...man, i have to get on that sometime!

Schmmidtty

Schmmidtty
My best streak is 48. I always suffer from a close loss. I use a mega Kangaskan, garchomp, and a sylveon in super singles. Personal I wish that the pokemon you battle in any battle facility in game, are recorded. It would be great to have some of the legendaries in my pokedex.

Buttons

Mountain Trainer
Am I the only one here that does doubles?
I use a Medicham (mega), Tyrantrum, Gigalith, and Aerodactyl to go through it.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
I finally have a team that could probably.. (and I mean probably) could help me in the super streaks in Maison. I have entei and raikou finally with a really good moveset to test out. I might use them and mega gengar.

Cuthrout

Er.. No? Its just quite easy Matblock Greninja and Mega Kangaskhan, with Slowbro and Garchomp its pretty much auto complete.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
does anyone have any advice they could shoot me for super singles? im just trying to run through it with mega kangaskhan and the standard set, prankster klefki with dual screens, spikes and foul play, and moxie honchkrow @ life orb with standard set bar brave bird, which i replaced with aerial ace for those rare but streak ending minimizers. i was able to get to 36 but i cant get past 30 now.

neo_senku

Beat The super single maison, and lost with a streak of 75, beat the super rotation battle maison and lost with a streak of 55, made it to the 35th battle of super triples but lost on 36.

My Sneasel Trolls

Sneasel Is Life
I use a Medicham (mega), Tyrantrum, Gigalith, and Aerodactyl to go through it.

Not at all. Doubles is the only thing I even do.
Sneasel, Murkrow, Zoroark and Gengar are usually my team.
I switch the last two every now and then, but this has been the most effective for me so far.
The only real threat for me is Blissey/Chansey, usually. I need to make a physical Zoroark already...

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
I can't find the best place, and trust me I've looked, is there an area of the site to find Maison AI partners? I can REALLY use a FC for someone who has the scarf Typhlosion set.

All I have left is super multi, and my best partner is a Scarf Entei+Rapidash. I assume that Typhlosion hits harder and ANYTHING can be better than a Rapidash :/

Cuthrout

I can't find the best place, and trust me I've looked, is there an area of the site to find Maison AI partners? I can REALLY use a FC for someone who has the scarf Typhlosion set.

All I have left is super multi, and my best partner is a Scarf Entei+Rapidash. I assume that Typhlosion hits harder and ANYTHING can be better than a Rapidash :/

I'm just starting multi Battles so need to go through them before i can partner up for supers, but then again i have a partner with raikou and nidoqueen. So I think im ok for partners.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I've been doing Triple battles for awhile now using various different Pokemon and I noticed something odd. Whenever one of the opponent's Pokemon uses Will-O-Wisp they not only burn my Pokemon but the also burn any Pokemon adjacent to it. I just faced a Rapidash in triples and they burned the Seismitoad next to it. Others have their Pokemon continuously spam other status moves at my Pokemon when I have Safeguard up. Are they supposed to do this or are these particular NPCs just really stupid?

I'm still trying to get a 50 streak in Triple battles. My longest streak ended on battle 47 which was rather disappointing but I'm determined to beat this and defeat the Chatalaine. I'm not using the strongest of Pokemon right now as I just threw a random team together with some of the ones I EVd but it's so far proving to be quite effective. I have my Dual Screening Prankster Meowstic, Wobbuffet, Eviolite Super Size Pumpkaboo, my shiny Furfrou, Salamence and Noivern and I'm currently on battle 23. I really like this team and am going to see how far it can take me.

EDIT: Lost because my Meowstic got taken out by a CRIT before he could set up both screens and Safeguard, and then my opponent decided to troll me by putting 2 of my last 3 Pokemon to sleep with Yawn. I'm really tempted to transfer a Smeargle with Dark Void over now.

I had the same thing happen to me in Doubles, Triples and Multi in consecutive battles. It's so weird that they always burn their partner rather than my Garchomp. I've seen the opponent burn their own Electivire (and then use Will-o-Wisp on it again on the next turn), as well as try to burn their own Delphox twice in a row. I feel that there's some sort of glitch with the AI causing that, but you're definitely not the only one who's experienced that. Either way, I've escaped some potential losing situations because of it and it definitely contributed to me beating all 5 battle styles.

It must be a bug that makes NPCs do this. Personally I don't want Game Freak to fix this as it's saved me on more than one occasion too. Also congrats on winning all 5 styles :) I shall one day reach this feat too.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

There doesn't seem to be a place for Maison AI partners, unfortunately. Not here, at least. Don't know if you'd want mine, though. Snorlax and Porygon2 isn't a particularly good team. I lucked out and had one with Specs Latios + LO Escavalier, which was good enough for me despite the somewhat questionable moves (Thunder and Iron Defense, respectively).

I've been doing Triple battles for awhile now using various different Pokemon and I noticed something odd. Whenever one of the opponent's Pokemon uses Will-O-Wisp they not only burn my Pokemon but the also burn any Pokemon adjacent to it. I just faced a Rapidash in triples and they burned the Seismitoad next to it. Are they supposed to do this or are these particular NPCs just really stupid?

I had the same thing happen to me in Doubles, Triples and Multi in consecutive battles. It's so weird that they always burn their partner rather than my Garchomp. I've seen the opponent burn their own Electivire (and then use Will-o-Wisp on it again on the next turn), as well as try to burn their own Delphox twice in a row. I feel that there's some sort of glitch with the AI causing that, but you're definitely not the only one who's experienced that. Either way, I've escaped some potential losing situations because of it and it definitely contributed to me beating all 5 battle styles.

Grim712

'New Guy'
I had my best run yet with Greninja, Talonflame and Azumarril, I got to 40 with relative ease, although I scraped past a Gardevior that had traced my Greninja's Protean (really really bad situation). My streak was ended by that stupid Cresselia and as I can see, I'm not the only one that was trolled by that stupid thing. What is the best way to deal with it? Should I swap out a pokemon for something that can taunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.