• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagidyne

Sunny Dreams
I've just beat the battle Charletaine for super singles.

I had a close call with a bulky Venusaur using the sub/leech/protect strategy. I couldn't out damage it, so I just DD with Gyrados, the AI knew it's strategy wouldn't work any further, so it started spamming Sludge Bomb. That battle seriously took like 8 minutes >.>

also congratz Foxyman.

Last edited:
When do you battle the Chantelaines in super multi battle? Is it 50? God it is tough. What pokemon do they have?
Yeah you battle the Charletaines at 50 for the Super versions, and I believe for Multi Battles they have random pokes that they use in the other modes, so its kinda hard to prepare for it

Cuthrout

Urgh, got to battle 50 of super singles. earth power critical hits my garchomp, out of anger I didnt check what i sent in and aegislash got destroyed... switch to gyarados, thunderus come out, i mega evolve after dragon dancing hurricane causes confusion hit myself in confusion... GF.

Aetius

Defeated Nita and Evelyn and almost defeated Morgan, but lost in the most crucial moment. LOL
I don't know what I'll do now; doing the super single, double and triple battles.....
About the super ones, how many BP can you earn with each battle?

Rakansen

ラルフ
About the super ones, how many BP can you earn with each battle?

It increases every ten battles, I believe it starts off with 2 BP, and it increases by 1 BP every ten battles, but I might be wrong. It's been a while since I've been using the Battle Maison since I'm training a new team for it at the moment.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
It increases every ten battles, I believe it starts off with 2 BP, and it increases by 1 BP every ten battles, but I might be wrong. It's been a while since I've been using the Battle Maison since I'm training a new team for it at the moment.

Yup, that's right, and it caps at 7 BP. So once you get a streak going beyond the Chatelaines, you always get 7 BP per battle that you win.

Aetius

Thanks for answering me. :)
One last thing; the multiple battles are worth partecipating in? Do you unlock the super version of it? Does it give you many BP.
I know that I could just see it for myself, but I want to avoid wasting my time in something that do not add anyhing....

Klay

Titan Tamer
Oh my goodness, thank you. I've been wanting this thread to happen so long, in fact I was thinking of posting one until this popped up! :D

This is the current team I'm building on for Super Singles:

Carracosta @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Shell Smash
Rock Slide
Aqua Jet
Waterfall

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Leech Seed
Giga Drain
Toxic
Protect

Heat Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Trick
Volt Switch
Overheat
Shadow Ball

The Battle Maison, as many people say, can be really hectic due to the AI. Many of the opponents carry Quick Claw, and many low accuracy moves such as Blizzard and Thunder can not only hit, but it can also land a critical hit AND a status condition easily. If that wasn't bad enough, the upper levels are crawling with Quick Claw + OHKO Move, hence the reason why I chose a Carracosta with Sturdy as a sweeper. The reason why Carracosta carries Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge is to be on the safe side in terms of accuracy due to the unpredictable nature of the Battle Maison, and Carracosta also carries a Shell Bell to set up more Shell Smashes if its HP is full. Venusaur is mainly there to stall my opponents and check Carracosta's main weaknesses: Electric and Grass.

I'm looking forward to hearing tips and strategies from you guys, so far I've noticed that the best teams consist of only one sweeper, since having more than one can make your team very fragile.

Wow ive made a team really similare to yours! I just recently started the Battle Maison challenge and ive managed to only get to the 33 trainer with this team:

Barbaracle @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claw
Adamant
252 Att/ 252 Speed/ 4 HP
Shell Smash
Brick Break
Rock Slide
Razor Shell

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
Modest
(This venusaur is the one from the begining, I intend to breed to get one with Giga Drain with a Calm Nature)
Leech Seed
Toxic
Venoshock
Energie Ball

Rotom-Heat @ Leftover
Ability: Leviate
Bold(+Def,-Att)
( His EV are spread a way to make him overally bulky )
Thunderbolt
Will-o-wisp
Volt Switch
Overheat

I will probably change my Barbaracle for Caracosta, sturdy will be nice and i'll make him hold a Lum Berry, in case he get a statue problem.
I need to get this Venusaur with Giga Drain, Venoshock really helped me in many occasion, dont know if a should change it? MyRotom-H will stay like this, he really help a lot, this Bold Nature helped when taking physical hit that could have beat him.

It would be nice to get some tips!

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
If someone can post Battle Video codes for Dana's Super team (or just her items), that'd be swell; I'm looking to take her items and movesets from her 'mons.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If someone can post Battle Video codes for Dana's Super team, that'd be swell; I'm looking to take her items and movesets from her 'mons.

Looks like Bulbapedia has that info now, assuming it's correct. I don't have a video with her though, seeing as I haven't even reached her.

Unredemption

I will probably change my Barbaracle for Caracosta, sturdy will be nice and i'll make him hold a Lum Berry, in case he get a statue problem.
I need to get this Venusaur with Giga Drain, Venoshock really helped me in many occasion, dont know if a should change it? MyRotom-H will stay like this, he really help a lot, this Bold Nature helped when taking physical hit that could have beat him.

If you're changing Barbaracle to Carracosta, you may want to consider Waterfall over Aqua Tail due to its 100 accuracy. As we know, the Battle Maison loves hax - Blaziken's HJK is a testament to that.

Giga Drain will definitely help Venusaur's longevity. As for Venoshock, you could play around with Sludge Bomb as well - if the Pokemon can be 2HKOed with 2 Sludge Bombs (as is commonplace in Battle Maison), it's probably better to do so instead of using Toxic then Venoshock. Then again this is theory, so you could try both out then use which is the most effective for you.

Also, have you considered running Sleep Powder on Venusaur then switching to Barbaracle to Shell Smash? A little gimmicky and unreliable due to 75% accuracy, but it might be worth a try.

Aegislash

So bored.
I'm considering running a Protean Greninja, Mega Blaziken, and Garchomp. Anyone see any holes in my team? Help is appreciated~

alejandrawr

I'm considering running a Protean Greninja, Mega Blaziken, and Garchomp. Anyone see any holes in my team? Help is appreciated~

Well for what it's worth, I just ran a Protean Greninja, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar (the Mega evo going to the one who needed it at the time, usually Megengar). I got a streak of 32 before the trick room teams caught me >_> Narrowly escaped one on battle #31, swept the non-trick room #32 and then fell to another trick room team on #33, all lead by Slowbro. Three relatively frail, speedy sweepers are not the best idea IMO, though Garchomp obviously has much more bulk than Gengar. I'd advise that if you are going to run it, put something that can pummel Slowbro first, as that's the one that sets it up.

Myself, I'll be experimenting with Multiscale DD Dragonite lead, maybe Aegislash, and SB Blaziken/Protean Greninja. The former SHOULD be better, but Greninja was way more helpful in my only Battle Maison run so far.

Edit: I wonder what success people have had with bulkier/stall teams here? Thinking of running a Bold Wish-hax Vaporeon, maybe even bulky Paraflinch Togekiss.

Last edited:

Aegislash

So bored.
Well for what it's worth, I just ran a Protean Greninja, M-Blaziken, M-Gengar (the Mega evo going to the one who needed it at the time, usually Megengar). I got a streak of 32 before the trick room teams caught me >_> Narrowly escaped one on battle #31, swept the non-trick room #32 and then fell to another trick room team on #33, all lead by Slowbro. Three relatively frail, speedy sweepers are not the best idea IMO, though Garchomp obviously has much more bulk than Gengar. I'd advise that if you are going to run it, put something that can pummel Slowbro first, as that's the one that sets it up.

Myself, I'll be experimenting with Multiscale DD Dragonite lead, maybe Aegislash, and SB Blaziken/Protean Greninja. The former SHOULD be better, but Greninja was way more helpful in my only Battle Maison run so far.

Ah, I see. So I'll go M-Blaziken (is night slash an egg move for torchic?), Aegislash, Brave Multiscale DD Dragonite.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Ah, I see. So I'll go M-Blaziken (is night slash an egg move for torchic?), Aegislash, Brave Multiscale DD Dragonite.

Night Slash is an egg move, though you could run Shadow Claw, which works very well with High Jump Kick for coverage. I tend to not run it myself, but that's because I go Hone Claws to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy, and it's awful to have that miss on you. He works ridiculously well too, from my experience.

Aegislash

So bored.
Night Slash is an egg move, though you could run Shadow Claw, which works very well with High Jump Kick for coverage. I tend to not run it myself, but that's because I go Hone Claws to patch up High Jump Kick's accuracy, and it's awful to have that miss on you. He works ridiculously well too, from my experience.

Oh, alright. So Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Flare Blitz, Hone Claws it is for me, then. I hate missing the high jump kicks too. They hurt a lot. As for Dragonite, should I go DD, Dragon Claw, Fly, Aqua Tail? I don't know of any physical stab flying type moves it has besides Fly and Wing Attack.

Edit: Here's how I beat the regular singles: LYQG-WWWW-WWW3-W87Q (lol my nub team).
Edit 2: Also thinking about trying out the triple battles. My team would be: Alakazam (Magic Guard), Talonflame(Gale Wings), Mega Charizard X, Dragonite(Multiscale), Heracross(Moxie), and Greninja(Protean). Anyone know any pokemon so I can replace either my heracross, greninja, or talonflame? (cause I'm drawing a blank)

Last edited:

chap196

Oh, alright. So Shadow Claw, High Jump Kick, Flare Blitz, Hone Claws it is for me, then. I hate missing the high jump kicks too. They hurt a lot. As for Dragonite, should I go DD, Dragon Claw, Fly, Aqua Tail? I don't know of any physical stab flying type moves it has besides Fly and Wing Attack.

Edit: Here's how I beat the regular singles: LYQG-WWWW-WWW3-W87Q (lol my nub team).
Edit 2: Also thinking about trying out the triple battles. My team would be: Alakazam (Magic Guard), Talonflame(Gale Wings), Mega Charizard X, Dragonite(Multiscale), Heracross(Moxie), and Greninja(Protean). Anyone know any pokemon so I can replace either my heracross, greninja, or talonflame? (cause I'm drawing a blank)

I don't think Dragonite really needs a Flying STAB move as it didn't cover much (and there are not many option for Flying Type move on Dragonite). And Fly requires 2 turns to attack which is also not good. I would use Earthquake or Fire Punch instead to cover Steel Type Pokemon. Earthquake to cover Rock and Steel Type Pokemon or Fire Punch to cover Ferrothorn.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I'm having trouble over what to run on Blaziken. Currently have this:

Blaziken@Blazikenite
(+Sp.Att, - Sp.Def), 252 Speed, 126 Att, 126 Sp.Att
Speed Boost
-Hone Claws
-Overheat
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut

Want to swap something for Shadow Claw but if;

a) I switch it for Overheat, my mixed set (i.e. nature, EVs) are wasted.
b)I switch it for Blaze Kick, I can't keep using Fire moves due to -2 Sp.Att drop.

Aetius

I'm having trouble over what to run on Blaziken. Currently have this:

Blaziken@Blazikenite
(+Sp.Att, - Sp.Def), 252 Speed, 126 Att, 126 Sp.Att
Speed Boost
-Hone Claws
-Overheat
-Blaze Kick
-Sky Uppercut

Want to swap something for Shadow Claw but if;

a) I switch it for Overheat, my mixed set (i.e. nature, EVs) are wasted.
b)I switch it for Blaze Kick, I can't keep using Fire moves due to -2 Sp.Att drop.

I swear that when it comes to EV's and IV's I'm still a novice, but why did you give to Blaziken a nature that lowered its Sp. Def and increased its Sp. Atk, which isn't even Blaziken's forte?
Besides isn't Overheat a bit too risky? I think that Blaze kick or Flare Blitz is enough for Blaziken...Shadow claw as you said, should be a better option for type coverage.
Moreover, I would teach it again Hi jump kick; it is more powerful than Sky uppercut and they pretty much have the same precision.
Just saying; after al you're free to do what you want with your Pokèmon :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.