• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Is it just me, or is the Battle Maison (and all iterations of it so far) based a lot on luck?
I try and try so hard to get to a 50- or 100-win streak, only to have the one Pokémon that could possibly stop me show up.
I swear one time I was battling and the literal only thing that could stop all three of my Pokémon was a Focus Sash Froslass, and guess what I ran into?

The Battle Maison eventually starts spitting out teams that directly counter your own Pokemon, its to stop people from winning too easy.

Finally ranked up to 50 with Super Doubles Battle using the following team (all with 5IVs):
- Ludicolo Swift Swim Assault Vest (Focus Blast, Giga Drain, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam) HP/SpA EVd
- Politoad Drizzle Eject Button (Protect, Ice Beam, Scald, Focus Blast) HP/Speed EVd
- Mawile Intimidate Mawileite (Iron Head, Protect, Play Rough, Suckerpunch) HP/Att EVd
- Zapdos Pressure Expert Belt (Thunder, Hidden Power: Ice, Heat Wave, Roost) HP/Def/SpD EVd

MVP was the Eject Button and the two Focus Blasts. As noted earlier the Battle Maison will bring up pokemon who will counter your team sooner or later so I was prepared for this. In the end BM would bring in the walling Steel pokemon but the two Focus Blasts took pretty good care of these. Also if they hit Politoad the Eject Button, it would toolbox me either Zapdos or MegaMawile depends which kind of pokemon BM has brought to the table.

devilmonkey

ROWROWFightDaPOWAH
So, liek, is there n ORAS version of this thread?

That's the real reason I came here, to ask the above question. But, to actually contribute to the thread:

Greninja @ Expert Belt (should replace this with Life Orb, really)
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
EVs: 6 HP | 252 Sp.A | 252 Spe
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
- Poison Jab
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Ability: Megasuperultradeathlazerbeam
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Att | 6 Def
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

I got to 100+ in Super Singles with this team. Wicked haa'd. A lot of the time, Greninja just mono-sweeps teams. When I think something is gonna be faster than Greninja, I'll decide which other Poke could best handle a switch in. If there's ever an opportunity to let Aegislash build up Swords Dances, take it. Suppliment it's HP loss with leftovers recovery. Garchomp acts mostly as a clean-upper and Thunder/bolt/Wave sponge. Things that crippled the team were Burners that somehow got through my Greninja, unexpected Pokes holding Scarf or Sash, and bulky fighting types that wouldn't get burned off Scald.

Menschmaschine

So I've got Pokémon Y, and I'm thinking of getting X, too. If I did, and they were both used on the same 3DS, would one game's character appear as an NPC on the other game's partner list for Multi Battles?

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I just got two more of the monuments for the ORAS Battle Maison.
Yesterday afternoon, I got the Super Singles Monument, and this morning, and I got the Super Triples Monument. I already had the Super Doubles Monument.

Here were my teams I used for them:

Super Singles:

Mega-Kangaskhan
Parental Bond
Kangaskhanite
-Fake Out
-Crunch
-Power-Up Punch
-Rock Slide

Dragonite:
Multiscale
Assault Vest
-Extreme Speed
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-Iron Head

Greninja
Protean
Life Orb
-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Dark Pulse

Super Triples:

Dragonite (Same as above):

Greninja (Same as above):

Togekiss:
Super Luck
Expert Belt
-Dazzling Gleam
-Grass Knot
-Flamthrower
-Air Slash

Mega-Metagross:
Tough Claws
Metagrossite
-Earthquake
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Hammer Arm

Blaziken
Speed Boost
....Wait, I forgot an item for it? Well, I still beat the Chatelaine.
-Flare Blitz
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Brick Break

Thundurus-T
Leftovers
Volt Absorb
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Grass Knot
-Sludge Bomb

So yeah, I will probably try for the last two monuments soon.

EDIT: ............I just lost at around 44 in Super Multi Battle SOLELY because Steven's Metagross used Zen Headbutt against a Hariyama. Zen Headbutt missed. Twice in a row. And the Metagross fainted. Darn hax.

EDIT 2:

I just beat the Super Multi Battle and received my fourth monument. I battled with Steven again, and this time, most of his Pokémon's attacks actually hit.
I used my Mega-Kangaskhan and my Dragonite. He used his Mega-Metagross and his Aerodactyl.

Well, time for the Super Rotation Battle. It is the only one I have left.

EDIT 3:

I just obtained my final monument for the Battle Maison. I just beat the Super Rotation Battle.
I used the following Pokémon:

Mega-Kankhaskan (see above)
Dragonite (see above)
Greninja (see above)

Aegislash
Stance Change
Expert Belt
-King's Shield
Sacred Sword
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak.

Woo. Done with that. I wonder what I should do next....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.