• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Battle Maison Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoySceptile

Bakaner
I swear that when it comes to EV's and IV's I'm still a novice, but why did you give to Blaziken a nature that lowered its Sp. Def and increased its Sp. Atk, which isn't even Blaziken's forte?
Besides isn't Overheat a bit too risky? I think that Blaze kick or Flare Blitz is enough for Blaziken...Shadow claw as you said, should be a better option for type coverage.
Moreover, I would teach it again Hi jump kick; it is more powerful than Sky uppercut and they pretty much have the same precision.
Just saying; after al you're free to do what you want with your Pokèmon :)

After MegaEvolving, it has a base 130 Sp.Attack.
I think it could be useful for the physical walls trying to switch in. Also, I don't want to lose half my HP/kill myself if someone decides to use Protect or send out a Ghost, so that's why I don't run HJK or, to a lesser extent, Flare Blitz.

Aetius

After MegaEvolving, it has a base 130 Sp.Attack.
I think it could be useful for the physical walls trying to switch in. Also, I don't want to lose half my HP/kill myself if someone decides to use Protect or send out a Ghost, so that's why I don't run HJK or, to a lesser extent, Flare Blitz.

I see, but wouldn't Flamethrower be enough for the physical walls?
As for the rest well you're right, but I feel like I havent' been of help to you. XD

alejandrawr

Ran that Dragonite-Aegislash-Greninja set. Only made it to 30 wins as opposed to 32 -___- Oddly the matches were easier on average, I really only ****ed up against Gardevoir of all things... With my Greninja >_> Knew that it was too specially defensive to OHKO with Dark Pulse, so I guessed right and used HP Fire, doing damage and resisting the incoming Dazzling Gleam. Decided to go for Surf, not realizing that of course Psychic would come next, so I should've used Dark Pulse for the immunity, and then KOed with Surf on the next turn OTL

Even with Life Orb, Timid 31/x/31/30/31/30 Greninja was doing a lot less damage than I would have liked, swapping him out for M-Gengar one more time before I try ParahaxKiss/M-Aggron/Bulky Wish Vaporeon ._.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Either my team setup is horrible for Super battles, or the trainers will always throw a wrench into my strategy of terminating my Earthquake + extra single deadly attack combo. I have only reached the 10th mark (and saved there) for each Super battle type, while my normal battles are all saved at the 20th mark.

Maybe I should breed a better Dugtrio with perfect IVs? I could use a 31 IV boost for everything across the board...

bombe32

I made it to 47 wins in Super Singles with my team:

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Levitate
Modest
220 HP / 60 SpA / 228 Spe
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump
Will-o-Wisp
Rest

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Technician
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Spore
Bullet Seed
Mach Punch
Rock Tomb

Talonflame @ Shell Bell
Gale Wings
Adamant
76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Protect
Will-o-Wisp
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird

I didn't have too many problems overall, but I got effed over by a Double Team using Cresselia that toxic stalled my entire team in battle #48 :(

Talonflame has a double resistance to grass types, making it safe to switch to it when Rotom leads, but teams with multiple grass types are still dangerous because Rotom can't do anything to them and Breloom doesn't like it when the opponent won't fall asleep. Psychic types are, perhaps, more dangerous, as illustrated by my run ending to Cresselia. Even though it's BS that Cresselia uses Double Team + Toxic + Protect with Leftovers, it would've fallen to a Taunt user or another Toxic staller - or maybe just use a Dark / Ghost type.

I used my Grass-Fire-Water core the whole way, but eventually it's beaten, especially by Dragons. But it's extremely solid, because it covers almost all types, and if they did face Dragons, Breloom could put them to sleep or Rotom / Talonflame could burn them and hit back with neutral.
Around battle #39, the team should be switched up a bit, though. I think using a Steel type is a must, as well as a Water type with access to Ice Beam.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
I'm trying out my classic combo Garchomp + Crobat lead in doubles. Even before I breed them my in-game team could get me to battle 20 alone before I had to switch. Now I'm back with better moves and properly trained just to see how far I can go without needing to switch. I'm grinding to gather BP to get the items and TMs I might need before I start battling online.

My team:
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Veil
Jolly (+Spd -Sp.atk)
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-Dual Chop
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Protect

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly (+Spd -Sp.atk)
4 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd
-U-turn
-Cross Poison
-Brave Bird(No Flying Gem so I'm not using Acrobatics)
-Protect

Aegislash @ None(Still need to find Leftovers[traded it away])
Ability: Stance Change
Adamant (+Atk -Sp.atk)
252 Hp/ 252 Atk/ 4 Sp.def
-Shadow Claw
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
Timid (+Spd -Atk)
4 Hp/ 252 Sp.atk/ 252 Spd
-U-turn
-Ice Beam
-Surf
-Grass Knot

I also have M-Gengar and Klefki that I can use.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I lost a 24 in super multi battle and then I tried again and lost at the same number. It was the same trainers as well. God it sucks to lose when you are somewhat halfway to 50....

Does anyone know if only Entei gets a new move (sacred fire) and no other legends?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Does anyone know if only Entei gets a new move (sacred fire) and no other legends?

Tornadus has been reported to get Aeroblast, but that's it so far.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I managed to unlock all the super lines for each battle style, just 20 straight wins for each line no problem. Now I have 650 BP, but I can't decide whether to buy all the TMs first, or at all really. I'll never use them, but I'm a collecter, I like to have them all.

Later I'm going to try a new super singles team of Magic Bounce Espeon / Speed Boost Blaziken / Gooey Goodra, and see how far that goes.

Special thanks to the random on my friend list that had Landorus and Milotic in Multi, combined with my Gyara, two EQs killed everything except flying / Levitate.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Tried out a new team today in the Battle Maison, the only other three IV bred, EV trained Pokemon I have, Magic Bounce Espeon / Gooey Goodra / (Mega) Blaziken. They are good Pokemon separately, but together they don't work that well together. Sadly that streak ended at 21, thanks to a Pure Power Medicham that even after being burnt blasted through all three of them.

In my experience, having two sweepers and one Pokemon that can tank hits and spread status is the formula for success, I've found my Rotom-H / Rotom-W (I change it depending on the other members) to be extremely helpful, spreading burns and paralysis, while also having great bulk.

I have only attempted singles. My Super Single record is 247.

A streak like that deserves more of an explanation...

Klay

Titan Tamer
If you're changing Barbaracle to Carracosta, you may want to consider Waterfall over Aqua Tail due to its 100 accuracy. As we know, the Battle Maison loves hax - Blaziken's HJK is a testament to that.

Giga Drain will definitely help Venusaur's longevity. As for Venoshock, you could play around with Sludge Bomb as well - if the Pokemon can be 2HKOed with 2 Sludge Bombs (as is commonplace in Battle Maison), it's probably better to do so instead of using Toxic then Venoshock. Then again this is theory, so you could try both out then use which is the most effective for you.

Also, have you considered running Sleep Powder on Venusaur then switching to Barbaracle to Shell Smash? A little gimmicky and unreliable due to 75% accuracy, but it might be worth a try.

Yes I was considering using Waterfall over AquaTail, i have a little phobia about the accurcy of the move, but sometime you just dont have the choice. That's why I use RockSlide over Stone Edge even if the difference in power is quite big.

With the accurcy of sleep powder and how the game love to hax( believed that the game was unfair just with me lol) I will probably not use it.

I was considering another member, maybe Tyranitar with a Lum Berry or Assault Vest. Or a Dark type, I strugle a lil bit with those type...
Maybe even Espeon with Magic Bounce. With Psyshock it souldnt have a probleme againts Blissey, but i dont know if a should make him a lead with Double Screen and Wish. Or offensive with Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball for the steel type and Calm Mind.

Last edited:

Rakansen

ラルフ
Yes I was considering using Waterfall over AquaTail, i have a little phobia about the accurcy of the move, but sometime you just dont have the choice. That's why I use RockSlide over Stone Edge even if the difference in power is quite big.

With the accurcy of sleep powder and how the game love to hax( believed that the game was unfair just with me lol) I will probably not use it.

I was considering another member, maybe Tyranitar with a Lum Berry or Assault Vest. Or a Dark type, I strugle a lil bit with those type...
Maybe even Espeon with Magic Bounce. With Psyshock it souldnt have a probleme againts Blissey, but i dont know if a should make him a lead with Double Screen and Wish. Or offensive with Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball for the steel type and Calm Mind.

Woah! Are you planning a team with a Mega Venusaur and a Carracosta too?! I was planning a team with Mega Venusaur, a Carracosta, and Rotom-H!

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I tried facing Nita after a 49-battle streak and I lost:

E5LG-WWWW-WWW3-XEN8

It's with my old team: Mega Mawile, Blaziken, and Noivern.

I guess it's back to the drawing board for me. I'm already breeding Tirtouga with 31 IVs in Attack and Speed but I've yet to see one with a nature that boosts Speed, since max speed is crucial in outspeeding Thundurus and Landorus. Then again, Crustle has better Speed so I'll be able to invest more in Attack, but I feel as though Carracosta has more coverage. Any tips guys? Thanks.

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I got two rather middling streaks today in the 20s range, Mega Blaziken just doesn't have the bulk that Mega Gyarados has, any neutral hit does quite a bit, while almost any SE attack threatens to KO. Blaziken certainly has a power advantage over Gyara, it's got two very powerful STABs, compared to Waterfall.

Not to mention Rotom-H has more resistances to Rotom-W, though Hydro Pump is vastly superior to Overheat. I wish they gave it Fire Blast instead....

Ah well, I'll just use my original Rotom-H / (Mega) Gyarados / Aegislash team to amass more BP, I'm already at 750.

SkyDeity

White Kyurem FTW
Tried out a new team today in the Battle Maison, the only other three IV bred, EV trained Pokemon I have, Magic Bounce Espeon / Gooey Goodra / (Mega) Blaziken. They are good Pokemon separately, but together they don't work that well together. Sadly that streak ended at 21, thanks to a Pure Power Medicham that even after being burnt blasted through all three of them.

In my experience, having two sweepers and one Pokemon that can tank hits and spread status is the formula for success, I've found my Rotom-H / Rotom-W (I change it depending on the other members) to be extremely helpful, spreading burns and paralysis, while also having great bulk.

Medicham is ridiculous...it ended my streak twice. I'm gonna have to breed for a Timid Gengar now

XXD17

Draco rex

A streak like that deserves more of an explanation...

I have to agree...I'm on my 40th super single and my team of kangaskhan, chandelure and ferrothorn haven't lost yet...

venetrix

Kaiju trainer
I'm playing around with ideas at the moment, but my current team for Super Single battles is as follows:

Noivern @Timid
Choice Specs @Frisk
Boomburst
Flamethrower
Switcheroo
Draco Meteor

Azumarill @Adamant
Sitrus Berry @Huge Power
Aqua Jet
Belly Drum
Play Rough
Superpower

(Mega) Lucario @Hasty
Lucarionite @Steadfast (Adaptability)
Close Combat
Swords Dance
Extremespeed
Shadow Claw

My strategy so far has been pretty simple: Noivern leads and scouts the opposing Pokemon's item. The first turn requires some prediction, but usually involves switching items to lock my opponent into their first move. If I think they're going to go for the OHKO instead, I switch in one of my sweepers depending on the type of attack I think is coming. I've found Azumarill and Lucario between them cover Noivern's weaknesses pretty well.

Azumarill can be tricky to set up safely, usually requiring my opponent to be choice-locked into a resisted attack before I feel safe enough to fire off a Belly Drum. Once that's done though, Aqua Jet sweeps damn near everything out there.

Lucario is easier to get in and set up in spite of its legendary frailness. Again, the plan here is simply set up and sweep. I'm going to try a few battles using Flash Cannon instead of Shadow Claw, as I find I don't really use the claw that often. The reason for my Lucario's unusual nature is that it's the same one I acquired from Serena during my playthrough. I'm currently breeding for a flawless Adamant version with Bullet Punch to take its place. At the moment Lucario feels a lot like filler in my team, and I'm open to the idea of switching it out for something else.

Any suggestions for improvements?

iTarTar

So right now I am at a streak of 17 in Super Triples... I am completely un-prepared. I messed around with a Banded Earthquake Garchomp in the center with Dragonite and Rotom at the sides, kinda worked. I tried MegaChomp for SlideQuake with Air Balloon Rhyperior and Dazzling Specs Gengar... barely worked. I tried a sun team with MegaYzard, Talonflame and Blaziken... too gimmicky. Triples is much more interesting than Singles in terms of preparations required. I need to find three Pokemon that work well together on the field at one time, that can hit multiple enemies without backlash and are strong with three more Pokemon in reserve to sponge/wall/switch-in.

I've been thinking about using a team like this:

Garchomp @ Garchompite -- Center
Adamant | 252 ATK / 252 SPE
Earthquake - Outrage - Rock Slide - Iron Head

Zapdos @ Life Orb -- Left (Don't have yet)
Modest/ Timid | 252 SPA / 252 SPE
Discharge - Thunderbolt - Ancient Power - Round (#2sweg4u)

Noivern @ Choice Specs -- Right (Telepathy) (Don't have yet)
Modest | 252 SPA / 252 SPE
Boomburst - Draco Meteor - Hurricane - U-turn

Dragonite @ Lum Berry -- Reserve (Multscale)
Adamant | 252 ATK / 252 SPE
Dragon Dance - Outrage - Roost - Fire Punch

Rotom-W @ Leftovers -- Reserve
Calm | 252 HP / 52 SPA / 200 SPD
Hydro Pump - Volt Switch - Thunder Wave - Hex

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy -- Reserve (Don't have yet)
Adamant | 252 HP / 152 ATK / 100 SPA
Automize - Shadow Ball - Shadow Sneak - Iron Head

From what I can think of right now, only a Scarfed Jynx would be able to damage my to the point of me fearing a loss. I'd appreciate feedback and / or help getting this team together in order to beat Triples and later on Doubles (Garchomp & Zapdos + Aegislash & Rotom-W).

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Those cheating computers.

They have a Dragalge with its Hidden Ability. What's its Hidden Ability? Adaptability. Say hello to Draco Meteor to the face.

And no, there's still no known way to own one, not even through Friend Safari.

Status
Not open for further replies.